• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

If the 2021 does not seem available to purchase by June, I am sure I can talk my wife into a 2020. She does not want to ride a mud road to our beach property on her Burgman any more.
She is hoping for the 1.5 inch lower seat height, but on the 2020 in the showroom now she can flatfoot if she wears thick sole boots. (We could go the lowering link routine if needed,)
I am giving it no longer than 4 months to wait.
My V-Strom DL650 has no problems on this long muddy road with TKC80 tires. (Picture taken in dry times after the road had a chance to drain.)
My wife wants the same chance to get through on a NC750x, probably with TKC80 front and TKC70 Rocks rear. Her Burgman 400 with maxi-scooter tires is not up to the task.

Attachments

• Mud Beach Road.jpg
    Mud Beach Road.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OK, here is a new Youtube video uploaded by Motorcycle USA:
What is Motorcycle USA, and their promo video post comments again does not confirm nor deny North American 2021 NC750x this year.

What is Motorcycle USA, and their promo video post comments again does not confirm nor deny North American 2021 NC750x this year.

Still haven’t heard or seen anything about a North American release, however, this video from Taiwan is the first I’ve seen of someone having access to the actual bike (as opposed to just marketing materials):

Someone in the comments also mentioned that they placed an order for the 2021 model in Turkey and that it’s arriving end of April.

Last edited:
Love the green! But I wouldn’t expect American Honda to import a green NC to the States.

I have mentioned in another conversation on this forum that my wife has put down a deposit on a 2021 NC750X. It should be available late May or early June. Not green, of course. It will be the only color offered in North America. It will be red.

If the 2021 does not seem available to purchase by June, I am sure I can talk my wife into a 2020. She does not want to ride a mud road to our beach property on her Burgman any more.
She is hoping for the 1.5 inch lower seat height, but on the 2020 in the showroom now she can flatfoot if she wears thick sole boots. (We could go the lowering link routine if needed,)
I am giving it no longer than 4 months to wait.
My V-Strom DL650 has no problems on this long muddy road with TKC80 tires. (Picture taken in dry times after the road had a chance to drain.)
My wife wants the same chance to get through on a NC750x, probably with TKC80 front and TKC70 Rocks rear. Her Burgman 400 with maxi-scooter tires is not up to the task.
Long story, in brief:
My wife was diagnosed with Leukemia in February.
Now due to wonderful treatments in modern medicine she is in full remission and put down a deposit on a Red 2021 NC 750X.
Life is too short sometimes.
My lady in her sixties will ride her new bike this year. She may outlive her new bike.

Last edited:
Long story, in brief:
My wife was diagnosed with Leukemia in February.
Now due to wonderful treatments in modern medicine she is in full remission and put down a deposit on a Red 2021 NC 750X.
Life is too short sometimes.
My lady in her sixties will ride her new bike this year. She may outlive her new bike.
I hope so.

First post in a couple of years. I bought a new 2018 NC750X in '19 (got a great deal) but with health problems and other things I've hardly ridden it.
Recently considered selling it. Hadn't looked at any bikes for a long time.

Two days ago was stunned to discover Honda has updated it for 2021, Wow, and they addressed the couple of things that I wasn't wild about and added a ton of great features.
I wish mine were lighter and the seat height were a little lower (I'm 5'8"). Wish mine had ABS (and TC), wish it had a better display. Little more power wouldn't hurt. I prefer LED lights. More storage is always good.
It's fantastic that they kept all the amazing things that make the NCs so special and improved almost everything else. I love it!

So I want to buy one. Did a Cycle Trader search today and it found 13 in the whole US. Some dealers are reporting that they have a couple in stock but I don't know if the report is accurate.
Gonna call the local dealer tomorrow (closed monday) and get the scoop.

Last edited:
First post in a couple of years. I bought a new 2018 NC750X in '19 (got a great deal) but with health problems and other things I've hardly ridden it.
Recently considered selling it. Hadn't looked at any bikes for a long time.

Two days ago was stunned to discover Honda has updated it for 2021, Wow, and they addressed the couple of things that I wasn't wild about and added a ton of great features.
I wish it were lighter and the seat height were a little lower (I'm 5'8"). Wish mine had ABS (and TC), wish it had a better display. Little more power wouldn't hurt. I prefer LED lights. More storage is always good.
It's fantastic that they kept all the amazing things that make the NCs so special and improved almost everything else. I love it!

So I want to buy one. Did a Cycle Trader search today and it found 13 in the whole US. Some dealers are reporting that they have a couple in stock but I don't know if the report is accurate.
Gonna call the local dealer tomorrow (closed monday) and get the scoop.
As of now, there are Two people, my wife included, who have put down a deposit at my favorite Honda dealer in Everett, WA for a 2021 NC750X DCT.
(My wife doubled the deposit money that the other person invested in the 2021, hoping that more skin in the game would help, even though first come, first served, we know.)
This dealer is starting to wonder that maybe Honda has tapped a pent-up desire for a lower, leaner, lighter, more powerful NC750X DCT.
Seriously, my wife was tired of waiting for the yet to be released baby Africa Twin that she had been teased about. Probably the baby Africa Twin (2022 if ever) will be 3 to 8 thousand dollars more than the 2021 NC750X.
My wife thought a few years back that she wanted an Africa Twin, then decided against it due to its cost and high seat height.
She was excited by the idea of a "baby" Africa Twin.
Then my wife got cancer and lowered her expectations. She wants a bike with low center of gravity, DCT, lower seat height than my DL650 or any Africa Twin, and not more than $10,000 US. Who knows what the final retail asking price of the baby Africa Twin will be. Probably higher than my wife is willing to spend.
My wife still likes her current Suzuki Burgman 400, but it has little possibility of adding knobby tires worthy of greasy slippery muddy roads. The NC750X DCT can be outfitted with any number of off road worthy knobby tires.

Wow this is disappointing.
Called the dealer and they don't know what is going on. First he said they only had one DCT on order and expected at the end of July, then later said they had others on order too. Then added they would all be 2022s because they are coming out so late in year??

I want to sit on one before I buy so it may be a few months yet.

Called the other local dealer (that has been an arrogant ass in the past) and they still don't answer the phone. Expect you to leave a message, screw them.

I got over $2000 off on my new 2018 through Cycle Trader but I had to go to Tucson to buy it. At this point I'll watch Cycle Trader and call around to find one.

I ordered one a month back from Honda dealer in Spokane. No idea when it might arrive...could be a ship unloading right now or it could be on the build schedule and arrive for Christmas...who knows.

Prays for your wife Mud!!

Here is my attitude.
If you want a 2021, get your favorite dealer to take a refundable small credit card deposit. Honda will take notice and might dedicate effort to responding to these pre-orders.

Having placed a predelivery deposit on a NC700X and having worked for a shipping company that carried Honda products then worked for a Honda dealer this is my take. American Honda will not open the order window for dealers probably until April for June deliveries, May for July. The number of bikes allocated to dealers is based on previous sales numbers. If a few bikes trickle in then not all dealers will be able to order. I don't think that's the case because of the predelivery promotion Honda has done. When the bikes hit the warehouses they will ship to dealers in a wave with all orders to dealers delivered within a week of each other.

American Honda doesn't know or care if 2 or 200 bikes are sitting on deposit orders. The supply chain was set in motion many months ago. Only a monumental or catastrophic event will change the delivery dates - that's actually what happened with the Africa Twin rollout in 2016 when the Fukashima earthquake closed certain Honda and Honda supplier factories. A refundable deposit means the dealer isn't able to order the bike yet and he doesn't know he is getting any. With bikes in shipped status or at least allocated status the deposits are typically non-refundable.

Having placed a predelivery deposit on a NC700X and having worked for a shipping company that carried Honda products then worked for a Honda dealer this is my take. American Honda will not open the order window for dealers probably until April for June deliveries, May for July. The number of bikes allocated to dealers is based on previous sales numbers. If a few bikes trickle in then not all dealers will be able to order. I don't think that's the case because of the predelivery promotion Honda has done. When the bikes hit the warehouses they will ship to dealers in a wave with all orders to dealers delivered within a week of each other.

American Honda doesn't know or care if 2 or 200 bikes are sitting on deposit orders. The supply chain was set in motion many months ago. Only a monumental or catastrophic event will change the delivery dates - that's actually what happened with the Africa Twin rollout in 2016 when the Fukashima earthquake closed certain Honda and Honda supplier factories. A refundable deposit means the dealer isn't able to order the bike yet and he doesn't know he is getting any. With bikes in shipped status or at least allocated status the deposits are typically non-refundable.
Great information, dduelin.
In the case of my wife's order, taking delivery in mid July would be just fine. She has two light chemotherapy treatments on her Spring 2021 schedule and could be ready to ride mid July, without Leukemia.

Great information, dduelin.
In the case of my wife's order, taking delivery in mid July would be just fine. She has two light chemotherapy treatments on her Spring 2021 schedule and could be ready to ride mid July, without Leukemia.
That would be great.

Not that it necessarily parallels the ‘21 NC rollout, but I’ve been looking at ordering the newly introduced ‘21 CRF300L Rally, which was announced before the new NC750X. In February, Honda Powerhouse dealer suggested I call back in March. In late March dealer says the model is still not released and is not available to order. The dealer can’t give me their selling price. I figure now it may be a mid summer project to switch over from my 250 to the 300, or maybe just wait until next winter.

Quoting my own post on this thread back on Feb 4:

"I remember the autumn months of 2015. Honda was just beginning to hype the upcoming 2016 Africa Twin, including the DCT option for the first time.
I was drooling. I was primed and ready. I thought the 2016 Africa Twin would never come, so I decided instead to purchase a Suzuki DL650 V-Strom all fitted out with crash bars and SW Motech Panniers. I was super excited to pick up my new V-Strom a week later on May 16, 2016 only to see on the showroom floor the long awaited Africa Twin with DCT just 20 feet from my DL650. I have since ridden that VStrom to the Arctic and have loved every minute of owning it.
It cost me several thousands of dollars less than that Africa Twin would have."

dduelin and 670cc, you are right on.
Actual availability of a new model is unpredictable, but there are past examples of promotion and delayed release.

My local dealer is a Honda Powerhouse dealer. Here's what the owner told me in an email: "We show our first 2021 manual clutch version scheduled to ship 4/01. But our current order statement shows the first DCT version scheduled for 5/28. That first NC750XD DCT does have a deposit in the system already. XXXXXX from here in Lincoln has had a deposit down on it since January 7th. We should be able to get replenished orders starting to flow rather quickly as soon as the first one arrives and we warranty register it. Powerhouse dealerships will get them first and will also be the only dealers who get replenished when they sell. We ask for $200 deposits to secure your place in line And this deposit is fully refundable if you back out for any reason."

They have my $200 - I should get the second one (mid-June?), unless the first guy backs out.

Not that it necessarily parallels the ‘21 NC rollout, but I’ve been looking at ordering the newly introduced ‘21 CRF300L Rally, which was announced before the new NC750X. In February, Honda Powerhouse dealer suggested I call back in March. In late March dealer says the model is still not released and is not available to order. The dealer can’t give me their selling price. I figure now it may be a mid summer project to switch over from my 250 to the 300, or maybe just wait until next winter.
Please let us know if you hear anything. I sold my OLD TW 200 and the CFR could be of interest. Still have my DRZ 400 but a fuel injected bike could be hard to pass up.

I can't wait for this motorcycle to arrive here in the US. I'm just disappointed that although it is available in a variety of colors depending on your region, here in the US, we are only getting pearl red bikes. Is it too much to much to ask for at least two color options. My preference is either pearl white or matte black.

Back