• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

My firm shipping date of August 3 has degraded to asterisk status.

I hope Honda doesn't screw up the roll out of the 2022 (or 2023) Baby Africa Twin / Transalp like this.
Just not a Honda thing....stopped at my local dealership (kind of big in the area) and they are having difficulty receiving shipments from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Indian....not just motorcycles but also 4 wheelers, side by sides, Sea-does (sp?).....never seen the dealership so bear....they also sell industrial grade lawn equipment and they cant get those shipments either.....my local mom and pop dealer which basically works on power equipment (bikes, 4 wheelers and such) also sell high quality trailers and they are sold out (been sold out since end of April) and cant get any shipments until October at the earliest....

Just not a Honda thing....stopped at my local dealership (kind of big in the area) and they are having difficulty receiving shipments from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Indian....not just motorcycles but also 4 wheelers, side by sides, Sea-does (sp?).....never seen the dealership so bear....they also sell industrial grade lawn equipment and they cant get those shipments either.....my local mom and pop dealer which basically works on power equipment (bikes, 4 wheelers and such) also sell high quality trailers and they are sold out (been sold out since end of April) and cant get any shipments until October at the earliest....
I’m glad Zero didn’t have an inventory/shipment problem. I gave my Zero dealer a deposit for a new 2021 DSR of my color choice, and the motorcycle shipped from California 4 days later.

I’m glad Zero didn’t have an inventory/shipment problem. I gave my Zero dealer a deposit for a new 2021 DSR of my color choice, and the motorcycle shipped from California 4 days later.
I need to ride over to your place some weekend and check out the Zero.....

My apologies to Honda.
My wife wants her bike whenever it comes.
Cooler weather riding:
Heated Grips
Heated Sweater

Last edited:
My apologies to Honda.
My wife wants her bike whenever it comes.
Cooler weather riding:and
Heated Grips
Heated Sweater
Not singling Honda out but at least hoping that the manufacturers would give us more realistic delivery dates. Since bikes are slowly being delivered, one would think that they should have a better handle by now on the projection of available units and where they are being allocated.

Giving us target delivery dates and then pulling out the rug from under us several times is cruel and unusual punishment! :confused: Just tell us that it will not arrive until end of Aug and then we can go on without thinking that "Christmas" will soon be here. Like a paper cut, not truly horrible but stings a lot each time it happens.

Here is the history of my bike's 'communication' from Honda to my dealer:
Original target - 'stage 3" for May 25th for delivery by 1st week of June
- then moved to shipping early/mid July (shock/denial stage)
- then moved to July 28th (acceptance and ray of hope stage)
- and now, waiting for probably news on the next delay.....(entering apathy stage? LOL)

The shipping is hitting most companies.....in a local report today, "perfect storm of supply trouble — rising prices, overwhelmed ports, a shortage of ships, trains, trucks — that is expected to last into 2022."....I work in IT at my place of business....it took 6 weeks to receive laptop docking stations (normally takes less than 1 week) and Dell couldnt give us a time line during the wait when we could expect them to ship....Ports are backlogged so if supplies are on a ship, no way to know when the ship would be off-loaded, no way to have a handle when an item would be received; driving along the interstates-look at the rest areas and truck stops: overfilled with trucks and the industry states they need 60-70% more truck drivers, truck drivers are only allowed to drive so many hours in a day (11 I think), so many hours in a 2 day period, and so many hours in a week (government regulations causing more problems)....trains are miles long in this area....2020 caused backlogs of all kinds of shipments and it will take months (into 2022) to shippers to get caught up.

The shipping is hitting most companies.....in a local report today, "perfect storm of supply trouble — rising prices, overwhelmed ports, a shortage of ships, trains, trucks — that is expected to last into 2022."....I work in IT at my place of business....it took 6 weeks to receive laptop docking stations (normally takes less than 1 week) and Dell couldnt give us a time line during the wait when we could expect them to ship....Ports are backlogged so if supplies are on a ship, no way to know when the ship would be off-loaded, no way to have a handle when an item would be received; driving along the interstates-look at the rest areas and truck stops: overfilled with trucks and the industry states they need 60-70% more truck drivers, truck drivers are only allowed to drive so many hours in a day (11 I think), so many hours in a 2 day period, and so many hours in a week (government regulations causing more problems)....trains are miles long in this area....2020 caused backlogs of all kinds of shipments and it will take months (into 2022) to shippers to get caught up.
Maybe these delays aren’t so bad. In my view, it’s good to see at least a temporary damper put on our overconsumption, growth based economy. I realize others may not agree.

Honda knows exactly what they shipped from Japan and where it's going but the supply chain from there goes through 57 hands. Port operations, onto ships through ports, cross docked to inland US carriers, and onto trucks or trains to destination Honda warehouse. Once the product is out of Honda's hands and in the supply chain there's not much Honda can do about it.

Honda knows exactly what they shipped from Japan and where it's going but the supply chain from there goes through 57 hands. Port operations, onto ships through ports, cross docked to inland US carriers, and onto trucks or trains to destination Honda warehouse. Once the product is out of Honda's hands and in the supply chain there's not much Honda can do about it.
A tracking number would be handy :)

Maybe these delays aren’t so bad. In my view, it’s good to see at least a temporary damper put on our overconsumption, growth based economy. I realize others may not agree.
But I am a married man with 2 teenage girls....gotta throw myself a bone every now and then! :p

Do I need it? - no, my car will still be my primary mode of travel
Do I want it? - hell, fricken yes! ;)

Not singling Honda out but at least hoping that the manufacturers would give us more realistic delivery dates. Since bikes are slowly being delivered, one would think that they should have a better handle by now on the projection of available units and where they are being allocated.

Giving us target delivery dates and then pulling out the rug from under us several times is cruel and unusual punishment! :confused: Just tell us that it will not arrive until end of Aug and then we can go on without thinking that "Christmas" will soon be here. Like a paper cut, not truly horrible but stings a lot each time it happens.

Here is the history of my bike's 'communication' from Honda to my dealer:
Original target - 'stage 3" for May 25th for delivery by 1st week of June
- then moved to shipping early/mid July (shock/denial stage)
- then moved to July 28th (acceptance and ray of hope stage)
- and now, waiting for probably news on the next delay.....(entering apathy stage? LOL)
And next paper cut received. Moved to Aug 4 (yesterday) but the system still shows stage 3 so looks like it missed a truck again. All good and will take the good advice that receiving the bike late in the season will allow me time to make adjustments/mods for the Spring.

Of note is that I am not 'angry' at anyone (my dealer or Honda) but just reverting to a kid on Christmas Eve anxiously waiting for Santa to bring something nice. All good and we will there in the end. :)

I hear ya, I think that's why my dealer won't even hazard a guess. It is amazing that so much data provides so little information.
Except for two short diversions I have worked in a logistics career of 38 years. LTL trucking in an Atlantic port city for regional, national and international carriers. Sales the entire time and operations as needed. We are closer to the reality of having all the tracking information at our fingertips but it's still a long way off. There are so many links in the supply chain each with their own 'important' numbers and little to no integration of players. Once the shipment is even in the US and assigned the last tracking number to destination there are many variables out of the carrier's hands. We all have Covid fatigue and tired of hearing it but the pandemic really has changed how products move (or don't!) through the chain of many players. In a way I'm kind of glad I got to see this before retiring although there have been huge changes since I started in 1983.

Every carrier I've worked for since 1983 has moved some Honda product in the last miles from their regional warehouses to dealers, also Yamaha and KTM. I used to go inside the SE US Honda warehouse monthly as I worked for a select carrier that moved Lawn & Power to dealers in AL, FL, GA, and SC. That warehouse handled motorcycles, ATVs, SxS, and lawn & power. It was at one time one of the largest buildings in Jacksonville at just under 1,800,000 sq feet. A million of it was just two accounts. Honda had half and Bacardi Rum had the other half, can you imagine a million square feet of motorcycles and rum.

Honda is notoriously tight-lipped about everything and when I was waiting on my own pre-deposited 2012 NC700X to arrive I continuously badgered the warehouse office staff about when the first NCs would arrive into the warehouse. They know what stock is released to them and coming to them but absolutely would not tell me anything because they could lose their job over it. One lady finally did tell me that NCs had arrived and were sitting in the warehouse but could not say when they were going to ship to dealers. I don't believe she knew until the day the bill of lading was prepared for the shipment which was usually the day of shipment. The dealer called me when they did ship and I knew only 1 day in advance of arrival in the dealer.

Except for two short diversions I have worked in a logistics career of 38 years. LTL trucking in an Atlantic port city for regional, national and international carriers. Sales the entire time and operations as needed. We are closer to the reality of having all the tracking information at our fingertips but it's still a long way off. There are so many links in the supply chain each with their own 'important' numbers and little to no integration of players. Once the shipment is even in the US and assigned the last tracking number to destination there are many variables out of the carrier's hands. We all have Covid fatigue and tired of hearing it but the pandemic really has changed how products move (or don't!) through the chain of many players. In a way I'm kind of glad I got to see this before retiring although there have been huge changes since I started in 1983.

Every carrier I've worked for since 1983 has moved some Honda product in the last miles from their regional warehouses to dealers, also Yamaha and KTM. I used to go inside the SE US Honda warehouse monthly as I worked for a select carrier that moved Lawn & Power to dealers in AL, FL, GA, and SC. That warehouse handled motorcycles, ATVs, SxS, and lawn & power. It was at one time one of the largest buildings in Jacksonville at just under 1,800,000 sq feet. A million of it was just two accounts. Honda had half and Bacardi Rum had the other half, can you imagine a million square feet of motorcycles and rum.

Honda is notoriously tight-lipped about everything and when I was waiting on my own pre-deposited 2012 NC700X to arrive I continuously badgered the warehouse office staff about when the first NCs would arrive into the warehouse. They know what stock is released to them and coming to them but absolutely would not tell me anything because they could lose their job over it. One lady finally did tell me that NCs had arrived and were sitting in the warehouse but could not say when they were going to ship to dealers. I don't believe she knew until the day the bill of lading was prepared for the shipment which was usually the day of shipment. The dealer called me when they did ship and I knew only 1 day in advance of arrival in the dealer.
maybe spoiled as well by Amazon Prime and their draconian shipping practices that gets things delivered the next day or two. Used to getting things faster than finding time to get to the store. :oops:

Thanks for the reality check of how complex this is behind the curtains.

maybe spoiled as well by Amazon Prime and their draconian shipping practices that gets things delivered the next day or two. Used to getting things faster than finding time to get to the store. :oops:

Thanks for the reality check of how complex this is behind the curtains.
I kind of liked what happened after Amazon told UPS and Fed Ex "if you want our business then you will deliver our shipments overnight at 90 something % on time without loss or damage." Brown and Fed Ex said "it doesn't work like that but we can do it the way that works for us". Amazon said OK fine we can handle it and went out and built their own delivery network.

I appreciate the insight into a usually efficient and opaque industry. Normally that tracking information might be useful to fine tune the process. Nowadays I think they would only be a measure of how broken the system is. Covid didn't break the system, our non-Swedish approach to the pandemic broke the system. Now that it is broke, the recovery is certainly painful for those trying to fix it and those trying to use it. A perfectly common sense, and so totally unpractical, out of the box solution (shipping pun) might be to allow warehouse pickups. If I knew my bike was in a warehouse within a few hundred miles, I would rent a home depot pickup truck and take it to the dealer myself. I know this would not fly if the system where working normally, but now that it is broke, how much worse could it be?

I think the communication on this site will likely give us the most accurate indication of when we will get our bikes, which is big reason I joined in the first place.

Last edited:
To the truly impatient and over-monied, I am available to pick up and ride a bike from anywhere to anywhere. Just buy me plane tickets from Seattle or Portland to wherever the bike is and back home. :cool:

To the truly impatient and over-monied, I am available to pick up and ride a bike from anywhere to anywhere. Just buy me plane tickets from Seattle or Portland to wherever the bike is and back home. :cool:
Good one.
How about when my wife's bike is ready I meet you at our dealer in Everett, WA. You can ride with me as I put the first 100 to 200 miles on her bike.
We can Gopro the Zoom meeting to our wives .
Might be in a few months.

So my inpatient husband is having me cancel the 750z DCT I ordered back in June. I was told initially in June that it would ship on 8/2 and now we are being told it will be shipped 8/10. He’s afraid that he will not get to ride it prior to the season ending. We live in the Northeast. I ordered heated grips, a center stand and hand guards that are not refundable. If anyone is interested in any of these items, please let me know.

Back