• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

"The Sales Guy" at my local dealership wouldn't even speculate (or for that matter check) on an arrival date. Nor would he even sit up from a reclined position to introduce himself. He mentioned I should just keep checking Honda's web site...SUUUPER helpful. Then I called the largest Honda dealership in my part of the country. Very helpful. Sales manager said he was dang sorry for any lack of service on Honda's part (last guy) and immediately checked his own shipping statement. Said he showed no NC750X's arriving through his current manifest (June 1st). He also said that could change, but admitted the hope that they would "likely" start shipping this spring was probably optimistic. He confessed even parts are slow to arrive these days.

Yup, a lot going on in the world. That we could even care this much about a motorcycle in current times is indicative of how good we actually have it.

Last weekedns, I went to honda and did a few test rides ..and decided that the NC750X 2021 in black is the bike I want, Pick it up this friday.

Last weekedns, I went to honda and did a few test rides ..and decided that the NC750X 2021 in black is the bike I want, Pick it up this friday.
If in North America, you must have purchased the 2020 model.
If you purchased a 2021 in black, you must live in Kent, UK, rather than Kent, Washington, US.

The 2021 in North America will be red and looks like this.

2021-Honda-NC750X-DCT-Red-13.jpg
I

Last edited:
If in North America, you must have purchased the 2020 model. A fine motorcycle. I am sure it looks like this if it is black.
SnekiePete is from Kent, which I assume is in England If they chose a black 2021 model. The UK gets three color choices for the ‘21 NC750X: blue, black, and red, according to their web site.

E17A1264-6905-4409-87E9-4CF69E7EB6D1.jpeg

"The Sales Guy" at my local dealership wouldn't even speculate (or for that matter check) on an arrival date. Nor would he even sit up from a reclined position to introduce himself. He mentioned I should just keep checking Honda's web site...SUUUPER helpful. Then I called the largest Honda dealership in my part of the country. Very helpful. Sales manager said he was dang sorry for any lack of service on Honda's part (last guy) and immediately checked his own shipping statement. Said he showed no NC750X's arriving through his current manifest (June 1st). He also said that could change, but admitted the hope that they would "likely" start shipping this spring was probably optimistic. He confessed even parts are slow to arrive these days.

Yup, a lot going on in the world. That we could even care this much about a motorcycle in current times is indicative of how good we actually have it.
A couple of things you could ask the helpful dealer is when did he order a 2021 NC750X or when can he order one. There are specific windows of time that American Honda opens for dealers to place orders. If he has ordered already that's really good to know. Another thing is how many he can order or what is the dealership's allocation of 2021 NC750Xs? We are hearing that dealers will only get one or two initially and it might be a long time between order windows.

A couple of things you could ask the helpful dealer is when did he order a 2021 NC750X or when can he order one. There are specific windows of time that American Honda opens for dealers to place orders. If he has ordered already that's really good to know. Another thing is how many he can order or what is the dealership's allocation of 2021 NC750Xs? We are hearing that dealers will only get one or two initially and it might be a long time between order windows.
It also makes a big difference if a dealership is a Honda Powerhouse dealer. I think there are only around 40 in the USA, and Powerhouses only sell Honda products. They get new releases first, and those bikes are automatically reordered when sold.

It also makes a big difference if a dealership is a Honda Powerhouse dealer. I think there are only around 40 in the USA, and Powerhouses only sell Honda products. They get new releases first, and those bikes are automatically reordered when sold.
Powerhouses sell Honda products in a dedicated sales area that meets certain requirements of separation from other brands. They don't have to be exclusively Honda dealers. I worked as a manager in a Honda Powerhouse dealer and we sold Honda, Triumph, Piaggio (Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Vespa), and Mahindra/Roxor in the same building on the same property. The showroom building was separated by a wall with a single pass through opening like a hallway. Honda motorcycles on one side, and Honda ATV and SxS plus all the other brands on the other side of the wall. Dealer allocations determine who gets to order how much and when and allocations are based on prior years sales, at least it used to be. There were no automatic reorders of any model to my knowledge and allocations determine the amount that can be ordered. Honda does not force dealers to take product they don't order unlike some other brands, Triumph being one. My experience is from 3-4 years ago and it may have changed since. Interestingly probably only to me, my career employment is in logistics and aside from the year in a motorcycle dealership I did work for a carrier that delivered Honda Marine, Power Equipment (generators and lawn & garden), and Powersports product from warehouses to dealers and got to see how Honda released products to dealers from their 5 warehouses in the USA. This association has been for over 30 years.

Also, see my post #38 in this thread with a direct quote from the owner of my local Powerhouse dealership.

I don’t intend to discredit your experience, @dduelin, I’m sorry if that seemed argumentative.

Last edited:
OK, it's time to start collecting accessories.

No accessory catalogs from Honda yet on the 2021s. Dont know if the rear rack is different but the center stand would have to be due to reduced seat height and suspension travel. I imagine hand guards would be the same. Windshields will probably be different but after market windshields will probably still fit. We just dont know yet

If anyone finds out the part numbers for the 2021 rear rack and center stand, please post them up.

Might ought to wait to see what changes in the 21s require different accessories at least as far as luggage, crash bars, windshields.
That's the word I got from T Rex and Madstad. They can't find a 21 to fit. The Turkish company does list parts for 2021 models. I'll take the bike and figure out what I don't like or need for Christmas then speak with the elves.

I have communicated with Givi USA and asked about luggage rack and pannier rack. Their reply was that their current racks will fit the 2021 NC750X. Also, for what it's worth, both Givi and SW Motech websites list the 2021 as compatible with their current crash bars. I am sure that since body panels are changed in the 2021 there may may be some things that no longer fit from the 2020 versions of their offerings, including windscreens.
Barkbusters and Oxford Heated grips should not be a problem. Centerstands of course most likely should be ordered either as Honda OEM or to fit the NC750S with decreased ground clearance in mind.
Of course, any aftermarket accessory ordered for the 2021 NC750X should only be ordered if the item is returnable and refundable because of improper fit.

I have communicated with Givi USA and asked about luggage rack and pannier rack. Their reply was that their current racks will fit the 2021 NC750X. Also, for what it's worth, both Givi and SW Motech websites list the 2021 as compatible with their current crash bars. I am sure that since body panels are changed in the 2021 there may may be some things that no longer fit from the 2020 versions of their offerings, including windscreens.
Barkbusters and Oxford Heated grips should not be a problem. Centerstands of course most likely should be ordered either as Honda OEM or to fit the NC750S with decreased ground clearance in mind.
Of course, any aftermarket accessory ordered for the 2021 NC750X should only be ordered if the item is returnable and refundable because of improper fit.
I went to Revzilla and tried to buy the rack for Givi Mono Key bags and apparently they are not up to date with Givi. I'll try by phone in the AM...their computers are not always helpful.

Back