• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Thanks Greg! I've found some design over function in my Pioneer 700 too. No point in reinventing the wheel...strap idea might work though.
Maybe this has been solved already...if the frunk is essentially water resistant and I install a power socket inside is there a simple way to get a GPS or other power cord into the frunk or must one cut/drill a hole in the side or front of the frunk to provide power outside the frunk? I planned on 2 double plugs inside and can plan on several outside instead but if my current tank bag won't work then I need to plan on other systems to keep things dry and also visible when in use.

Or, should I just wait to get the bike and it will be self evident?

Maybe this has been solved already...if the frunk is essentially water resistant and I install a power socket inside is there a simple way to get a GPS or other power cord into the frunk or must one cut/drill a hole in the side or front of the frunk to provide power outside the frunk? I planned on 2 double plugs inside and can plan on several outside instead but if my current tank bag won't work then I need to plan on other systems to keep things dry and also visible when in use.

Or, should I just wait to get the bike and it will be self evident?
It’s no problem to snake a phone or GPS power cord under the cover’s front edge and still close it. It has a thick gasket to seal it.

For anyone who’s interested —

I recently switched my deposit from the manual NC to the DCT version and was told the 2021 DCT models will be arriving here in NYC sometime in July (compared to June for the manual models).

Bummed to have to wait an extra month, but this is exactly the bike I’ve been looking for and — after much thought — I’ve realized that DCT is the right option for me.

Now, if it could just hurry up and be July already…

For anyone who’s interested —

I recently switched my deposit from the manual NC to the DCT version and was told the 2021 DCT models will be arriving here in NYC sometime in July (compared to June for the manual models).

Bummed to have to wait an extra month, but this is exactly the bike I’ve been looking for and — after much thought — I’ve realized that DCT is the right option for me.

Now, if it could just hurry up and be July already…
I don't think you'll be sorry.
I had road tested a Goldwing DCT in '18 when they came out.
I hated that DCT in the 'Wing based on my test ride.
It was clunky, noisy, and not smooth at all.
The NC DCT is so much better.
Before I get slammed, Honda has made several improvements to the 'Wing DCT over the last 3 years, and from what I've read it is now much smoother and quieter.

Before I get slammed, Honda has made several improvements to the 'Wing DCT over the last 3 years, and from what I've read it is now much smoother and quieter.
Interesting that you comment on the ‘18 ‘Wing DCT clunkiness. I thought exactly the same thing in my early test rides at the Knoxville Wingding. It was jerky and abrupt in the sporty modes. My wife as passenger also thought it was jerky. I hated it. Good to hear Honda got it sorted out on later models. I would think the DCT ‘Wing would be smooth shifting due to it’s 7 speeds and the extra mass of the motorcycle.

Honda must have made the newer DCTs a magic carpet ride as I got an extended demo (1000+ miles) on a 2018 Wing and at that time I thought the Wing was smoother downshifting than my 2015 NC was.

Nice! I’m really excited about the DCT.

I was on the fence about it for awhile, but the thing that convinced me to go for it was the versatility it offers. There are times when riding my current bike (a Rebel 500) where I wish I could just go for a relaxing ride and not have to worry about manual shifting, particularly on longer, more adventurous trips and in dense city traffic. Having the option of switching between automatic and manual modes — and the smoothness of gear changes in either mode — is extremely appealing.

It’s no problem to snake a phone or GPS power cord under the cover’s front edge and still close it. It has a thick gasket to seal it.
Thanks Dave!!
That makes sense. I've seen several folks install power outlets inside the frunk and that seems to be the best place to keep it out of the weather. I just replaced the cigarette lighter type on an ATV that rusted out on the contact points. It would make sense for them to make the guts out of stainless. I've replaced them on my boats too with only fresh water use....inside is better.

Thanks Dave!!
That makes sense. I've seen several folks install power outlets inside the frunk and that seems to be the best place to keep it out of the weather. I just replaced the cigarette lighter type on an ATV that rusted out on the contact points. It would make sense for them to make the guts out of stainless. I've replaced them on my boats too with only fresh water use....inside is better.
I always use marine grade fittings wherever I can including tinned copper wire. Living in a coastal city we have lots of humidity and salt in the air.

I always use marine grade fittings wherever I can including tinned copper wire. Living in a coastal city we have lots of humidity and salt in the air.
Yeah me too...China junk makes it hard to be sure you are really getting what you pay for anymore.

I grew up in Winter Park in the 60's...no air conditioning...understand the problem which is one of the reasons I don't live there anymore.

As far as I’m concerned country of origin has little to do with assurance of or lack of quality. Honda, Marinco, Ancor, and Blue Seas are brands I trust and due to the realities of manufacturing cost I harbor no doubt these brands source some product from China.

As far as I’m concerned country of origin has little to do with assurance of or lack of quality. Honda, Marinco, Ancor, and Blue Seas are brands I trust and due to the realities of manufacturing cost I harbor no doubt these brands source some product from China.
I'd certainly agree with that...China produces good quality stuff as well as junk. My point was you can't be sure what you might receive from them, I use Blue Seas and it pretty good quality but I still would trust Taiwan or Japan to consistantly produce better products and that's why I own and have owned Honda's and am buying more.

2021 OEM accessories are now showing up on American Honda’s website:
  • Key body part - $10
  • Key inner cylinder - $20
  • Center stand - $126
  • Heated grips - $316
  • Light bar - $240
  • Lower wind deflectors - $95
  • Pannier set (33L left, 32L right) - $1,000
  • Pannier stays - $220
  • Rear carrier - $400
  • Tall windscreen - $161
  • Top case (35L) - $106
  • Top case inner bag (35L) - $50
  • Top case backrest pad (35L) - $80
  • Top case lock (35L) - $106
  • Top case (50L) - $426
  • Top case inner bag (50L) - $147
  • Top case panel kit (aluminum) (50L) - $75
  • USB charger - $35

Last edited:
2021 OEM accessories are now showing up on American Honda’s website:
  • Key body part - $10
  • Key inner cylinder - $20
  • Center stand - $126
  • Heated grips - $316
  • Light bar - $240
  • Lower wind deflectors - $95
  • Pannier set (33L left, 32L right) - $1,000
  • Pannier stays - $220
  • Rear carrier - $400
  • Tall windscreen - $161
  • Top case (35L) - $106
  • Top case inner bag (35L) - $50
  • Top case backrest pad (35L) - $80
  • Top case (50L) - $426
  • Top case inner bag (50L) - $147
  • Top case lock - $106
  • USB charger - $35
Wonder if the lower wind deflectors help with water on wet roads??

I would check the '21 accessory parts numbers against the 2020 model year's.
If they match, then you could buy all aftermarket accessories instead of OEM, and save fistfuls of $.

Interesting that Honda is offering a 3Ah USB-C port for 2021 but no 12V accessory socket. Looking at the instructions, it also appears there’s already a spot in the frunk for the USB accessory — no drilling required.

The most complete riding review of a '21 that I've seen so far.
The guy is funny, and he goes into a lot of detail, showing the new dash and how it operates.

Reactions: gfl
Back