• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

We're leaving Tuesday for Kelso, then down the 101 to Gold Beach then to Crater Lake and home via 97 and 20 then 95 North. Planning 10 days+/- unless the fires or the China bug cuts it short. Looks like either could happen in OR.
Hey Mudtrack- tell your wife to hang in there. It’s a tough road. ( from a 3 time cancer patient ). And Mudtrack, don’t get your hopes up for her riding anytime soon. Assuming the chemo works and she is in remission ( these days there is a very very good chance the chemo will take care of the cancer) she may be too weak and fatigued for 4 to 6 months after she stops her chemo infusions to ride a bike. I know. My final chemo infusion was about 8 weeks ago. I’ve been waiting until I get stronger to buy an NC750XD.
If you or she have any questions or want to talk about her journey through cancer you’re welcome to call or text or email me. My email is [email protected].

Last edited:
Hey Mudtrack- tell your wife to hang in there. It’s a tough road. ( from a 3 time cancer patient ). And Mudtrack, don’t get your hopes up for her riding anytime soon. Assuming the chemo works and she is in remission ( these days there is a very very good chance the chemo will take care of the cancer) she may be too weak and fatigued for 4 to 6 months after she stops her chemo infusions to ride a bike. I know. My final chemo infusion was about 8 weeks ago. I’ve been waiting until I get stronger to buy an NC750XD.
If you or she have any questions or want to talk about her journey through cancer you’re welcome to call or text or email me. My email is [email protected].
Thanks.
Her final infusion was July 3. White blood cell count almost normal now. She is home from hospital recovering from pneumonia which set in last week when her count was low.
She will ride when she feels ready. She was riding her Burgman between chemo consolidation cycles over the last few months.
When the dealer has her bike ready I will pick it up and be installing the extras asap. When she is ready, her bike will be ready.

Thanks.
Her final infusion was July 3. White blood cell count almost normal now. She is home from hospital recovering from pneumonia which set in last week when her count was low.
She will ride when she feels ready. She was riding her Burgman between chemo consolidation cycles over the last few months.
When the dealer has her bike ready I will pick it up and be installing the extras asap. When she is ready, her bike will be ready.
Great news, hope she gets strong quickly !

Is anyone else with a 21 having issues with "mushy" suspension? The shock preload is set on the factory "3" but it has been soft since I brought it home and it would seem that the stock spring is the culprit...don't see where changing pre-load would make the ride any less soft...just reduce the amount of shock travel.

If I mount with left foot on the left peg and slide across the seat I need to get the right foot on the ground quickly or the bike wants to follow my butt and it's like it's going to fall over. If I stand with the bike on the kickstand and push down on the center of the seat it must go down 2" or more and wants to stand up almost to the point of seemingly going to fall over. I thought it was my imagination but it ain't...#1 son had a CBR1000RR and he said it was rock solid until he sat on the bike...then felt some suspension movement. My Bandit is the same...solid until I get my weight on the seat. Some folks are putting adjustable shocks on the older bikes but I hate to send $6-800 for any upgrades...just now changing my oil and filter at 600 miles.

Any thoughts on this?

I only weigh 168. My suspension seems stiff when riding. When I put a tail bag on, I stand on the left peg to mount cause my ol leg will only raise so far. Don't remember it feeling tipsy at all. Ok, so Just went out to the garage, and with handlebars straight (wheels in alignment) stepped on the left peg, swung my leg over the seat, and settled into the seat. It dipped slightly to the right but no where near tipping that direction. I had to put my left foot on the ground and push/pull to get it sitting straight up on it's wheels.

Is anyone else with a 21 having issues with "mushy" suspension? The shock preload is set on the factory "3" but it has been soft since I brought it home and it would seem that the stock spring is the culprit...don't see where changing pre-load would make the ride any less soft...just reduce the amount of shock travel.

If I mount with left foot on the left peg and slide across the seat I need to get the right foot on the ground quickly or the bike wants to follow my butt and it's like it's going to fall over. If I stand with the bike on the kickstand and push down on the center of the seat it must go down 2" or more and wants to stand up almost to the point of seemingly going to fall over. I thought it was my imagination but it ain't...#1 son had a CBR1000RR and he said it was rock solid until he sat on the bike...then felt some suspension movement. My Bandit is the same...solid until I get my weight on the seat. Some folks are putting adjustable shocks on the older bikes but I hate to send $6-800 for any upgrades...just now changing my oil and filter at 600 miles.

Any thoughts on this?
If you're worried about suspension squat while mounting from the left, why not mount from the right?

A $600-800 investment in a quality rear suspension is worth far more than that. Some might accuse the stock suspension of being adequate, but it's a bean counter's part.

When I put on my Cogent Dynamics suspension, my NC became practically a whole new bike. To say it's a vast improvement is an understatement.

Has anyone mounted a Givi monokey top box on a 2021? There is a Givi 1192FZ luggage rack available on Ebay. I have not seen one elsewhere. We happen to own a Monokey top box and some Monokey panniers we want to use on my wife's 2021.

In reverse order...I have my top box on the T Rex box mount, not the Givi. I used that one so I could attach the modified Tusk rack and boxes...works great and I have just gotten the Givi side box attachment kit which will allow me to put my Monokey side boxes on a plate attached to the Tusk rack. That will allow me to use the Large Tusk boxes, Givi monokey and my Nelson Rigg soft bags which just strap on whatever is available to hold them in place. 3 options but always using the Givi top box which I think is a 50 something liters. Hope that helps.

Next for Ferret...That's pretty much what I weigh...dropped from 215 to 170+/- a couple years ago...feel much better. When I do that it feels like it's going to keep going right if I don't get my right foot down quickly...not a comfortable feeling.

Now for right peg mount...it does work better but I can't always count on being able to do that and for some reason my Kevlar riding jeans are not very flexible. Works better with shorts and a tee shirt from the right side in the garage.

Please tell me more about the shock upgrade. I put a fork brace on my Bandit years ago and it did wonders for handling in the curves. Suspension is another story. I'll do some research on the Cogent system but it you have a moment can you provide some specific improvements if you would. I have a new jon boat on order and I need to pay them first but you know how that goes.

In reverse order...I have my top box on the T Rex box mount, not the Givi. I used that one so I could attach the modified Tusk rack and boxes...works great and I have just gotten the Givi side box attachment kit which will allow me to put my Monokey side boxes on a plate attached to the Tusk rack. That will allow me to use the Large Tusk boxes, Givi monokey and my Nelson Rigg soft bags which just strap on whatever is available to hold them in place. 3 options but always using the Givi top box which I think is a 50 something liters. Hope that helps.

Next for Ferret...That's pretty much what I weigh...dropped from 215 to 170+/- a couple years ago...feel much better. When I do that it feels like it's going to keep going right if I don't get my right foot down quickly...not a comfortable feeling.

Now for right peg mount...it does work better but I can't always count on being able to do that and for some reason my Kevlar riding jeans are not very flexible. Works better with shorts and a tee shirt from the right side in the garage.

Please tell me more about the shock upgrade. I put a fork brace on my Bandit years ago and it did wonders for handling in the curves. Suspension is another story. I'll do some research on the Cogent system but it you have a moment can you provide some specific improvements if you would. I have a new jon boat on order and I need to pay them first but you know how that goes.
You an ace, Lowrider.
Great information.

They do a short interview asking about your weight, riding style and preferences, and how you use your bike. Then they build you a fully adjustable shock somewhere down in I believe South Carolina using an Ohlins spring based on what you told them. Comes with a two year full warranty that is renewable if you send in your shock for a rebuild every two years.

I was considering a complete Ohlins suspension but saw multiple people on this forum recommend CD specifically and I've seen them positively mentioned on other forums. The CD setup was a bit cheaper than Ohlins, built in the US, and arrived quicker than I could get the Swedish kit. Even with the build time.

As for specific improvements— everything. Preload adjustment is easier, I can fiddle with dampening, the spring is nicer, and I don't need to avoid bumps like I used to. It feels much more secure on and off pavement, and the bike doesn't feel cheap in corners anymore.

They do a short interview asking about your weight, riding style and preferences, and how you use your bike. Then they build you a fully adjustable shock somewhere down in I believe South Carolina using an Ohlins spring based on what you told them. Comes with a two year full warranty that is renewable if you send in your shock for a rebuild every two years.

I was considering a complete Ohlins suspension but saw multiple people on this forum recommend CD specifically and I've seen them positively mentioned on other forums. The CD setup was a bit cheaper than Ohlins, built in the US, and arrived quicker than I could get the Swedish kit. Even with the build time.

As for specific improvements— everything. Preload adjustment is easier, I can fiddle with dampening, the spring is nicer, and I don't need to avoid bumps like I used to. It feels much more secure on and off pavement, and the bike doesn't feel cheap in corners anymore.
Thanks Janus!! One satisfied customer is worth two in the bush. I did a bit of research and your assessment is echoed repeatedly and it made me think about trading my DRZ for a 650...not really but they are happy customers too. I'll get on the phone with them soon and I'll ask if any other 2021 owners have upgraded to the CD. There were some Brits that were happy with them but on older bikes. I would have paid a bit more to Honda for a better suspension.
Thanks again!!

Our dealer still says my wife's 2021 will be delivered around August 5.
Farkles, here we come!
I am itching to get greasy.
Fingers crossed and seems like we are near the finish line. My last target ship date was July 22nd and now pushed to today. Not great but the delay window is getting shorter to days rather than weeks so hopefully a good sign.

In the same boat as well with sitting on a collection of farkles (including the factory center stand and usb accessory). Givi initially indicated that the '20 engine guard and top box mount would work on their website back in June so bought both. The dealer will kindly take care of the engine mount but stuck with the 1146FZ Bracket since the return window closed. Hoping that I might be able to modify the bracket to fit but no idea how extensive the change is to the mounting point location on the new bike or issues with clearance with the handrail. (Although apples to oranges, Shad's website still indicates their top box mount kit still works so hopefully a glimmer of hope https://www.shadusa.com/collections/nc750x-s/products/nc750x-s-17-18-top-mount).

Fingers crossed and seems like we are near the finish line. My last target ship date was July 22nd and now pushed to today. Not great but the delay window is getting shorter to days rather than weeks so hopefully a good sign.

In the same boat as well with sitting on a collection of farkles (including the factory center stand and usb accessory). Givi initially indicated that the '20 engine guard and top box mount would work on their website back in June so bought both. The dealer will kindly take care of the engine mount but stuck with the 1146FZ Bracket since the return window closed. Hoping that I might be able to modify the bracket to fit but no idea how extensive the change is to the mounting point location on the new bike or issues with clearance with the handrail. (Although apples to oranges, Shad's website still indicates their top box mount kit still works so hopefully a glimmer of hope https://www.shadusa.com/collections/nc750x-s/products/nc750x-s-17-18-top-mount).
The top box rack I got from T Rex fit fine and it was a 2020. I modified a Tusk bracket for a big frame KTM and it was not a simple mod...cutting, welding...fitting and bending but I wanted the Tusk boxes I bought for my DRZ 400 to work on the NC. The T Rex fit with no mod and it's just what I wanted to mount lgihts and highway pegs. I have the kit to mount my GIvi monokey side boxes in the Tusk frame and it will be a Winter project. My Nelson Rigg bags also fit so I can go heavy or light depending upon the mission.

Good luck with your bike!

Delivery date to Dealer:
T - Minus 7 days and counting.

Dealer reported no asterisk next to shipping date of Aug 3, which according to him, means actual shipping date is still Aug 3 with no foreseen delays anymore.
Should arrive at the dealer Aug 5.

T - minus 7 days and counting.

Back