• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750xd Touch Up Paint - Grand Prix Red R380

The Phoenix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I won't go into detail but I can suggest that you not ride with a 12"x12" concrete step in your lap. Afterwards I noticed that I had a few scratches that require touch up paint. I figured similar to an automobile I could get a small bottle of the appropriate color and then clear coat it. What I found (at this time) is that it is easier said than done. I checked with the dealership where I bought my bike and was told that "Honda no longer makes touch up paint. They used to but found that after manufacturing it the paint typically sat on shelves and customers ultimately found it unusable when they finally got it." I then searched on Google and at times linking to Honda (motorcycle) touch up paint of the wrong color/color code and visited a number of Honda Powersports websites identified and used by members with no luck. There is a company Firanto Touch Up Paint , I am guessing in Italy by its website address that claims to ship worldwide but the dropdown list does not include the United States.
I finally found R380 Touch Up Paint being sold on ebay Easy-Paint that is located in Vilnius, Lithuana. I should receive it in February, 2022.

Hopefully availability of touch up paint will change in the near future but for now if you can't find it check the Easy-Paint link above and see if it will meet your needs.

Colorrite.com has been a popular choice for motorcycle cycle paint. They match to OEM paint codes. Their paint is available to accommodate many different application methods. Sadly, colorrite is not showing the ‘21 NC750X color yet.

I recently tried touchupdirect.com for motorcycle paint. Despite their color match guarantee and great service claims, in reality the color didn’t match and their customer service was very bad. After much fussing, I ended up getting a full refund.

Automotivetouchup.com worked well for me, too, but they don’t list motorcycle colors unless the exact color just happens to also be used on an automobile.

Colorrite.com has been a popular choice for motorcycle cycle paint. They match to OEM paint codes. Their paint is available to accommodate many different application methods. Sadly, colorrite is not showing the ‘21 NC750X color yet.

I recently tried touchupdirect.com for motorcycle paint. Despite their color match guarantee and great service claims, in reality the color didn’t match and their customer service was very bad. After much fussing, I ended up getting a full refund.

Automotivetouchup.com worked well for me, too, but they don’t list motorcycle colors unless the exact color just happens to also be used on an automobile.
Thanks for the suggestions and sharing your experiences. When I tried Partzilla they referred to Colorrite.com but like you I didn't have much luck, nor with the other 2 vendors that you mentioned. My local Honda dealership suggested two local places that were either body shops or made paint for body shops and after reading some of their websites it didn't appear that they made the size that I was looking for.
My findings at this time didn't provide many options so I will be waiting for my package from Lithuania.
670cc, as always I appreciate your knowledge and guidance.

you might try the local beauty supply store for nail polish. take a panel from the bike with you to compare colors. this is also a good way to meet girls.

I did colorrite when I painted my rear fender and it wasn't even close to the 2012 color red. I ended up doing a combination of the paint they sent with some off the shelf red and got pretty close.

Talked with Honda parts guy. He suggested going to auto paint supplier.
I would need to take the bike so they can 'measure' the paint color.
He also said sometimes Colorite and etc. sites don't get perfect matches.
I want to paint the front fender red. Will update progress.

I won't go into detail but I can suggest that you not ride with a 12"x12" concrete step in your lap. Afterwards I noticed that I had a few scratches that require touch up paint. I figured similar to an automobile I could get a small bottle of the appropriate color and then clear coat it. What I found (at this time) is that it is easier said than done. I checked with the dealership where I bought my bike and was told that "Honda no longer makes touch up paint. They used to but found that after manufacturing it the paint typically sat on shelves and customers ultimately found it unusable when they finally got it." I then searched on Google and at times linking to Honda (motorcycle) touch up paint of the wrong color/color code and visited a number of Honda Powersports websites identified and used by members with no luck. There is a company Firanto Touch Up Paint , I am guessing in Italy by its website address that claims to ship worldwide but the dropdown list does not include the United States.
I finally found R380 Touch Up Paint being sold on ebay Easy-Paint that is located in Vilnius, Lithuana. I should receive it in February, 2022.

Hopefully availability of touch up paint will change in the near future but for now if you can't find it check the Easy-Paint link above and see if it will meet your needs.
I just wanted to share an update in regard to my purchase of touch up paint as I noted in my original post. I received the item(s) on Saturday, January 15, 2022, so it took about 1 month for shipping. I was surprised to find that the packaged contained 2 touch-up brushes/pens of 12ml/0.4 fl oz. labeled as R-380 Layer 1 and R-380 Layer 2. The paint is branded "Genuine Colors" rather than "Easy-Paint" and the enclosed instructions identifies a YouTube video Genuine Colors. Apparently Layer 1 is the base coat and appears as a white primer layer, although the contents are not identified other than the color code and Layer 1. Layer 2 certainly appears to be Honda R-380 Grand Prix Red from the outside and from what I can tell with a quick inside look. When the weather warms up a little later this week I'll be touching up some scratches and will follow up with another post if things don't come out as good as I hope.

Attachments

• 2021 Honda NC750xd Touch Up Paint  R380.jpg
    2021 Honda NC750xd Touch Up Paint R380.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
I just wanted to share an update in regard to my purchase of touch up paint as I noted in my original post. I received the item(s) on Saturday, January 15, 2022, so it took about 1 month for shipping. I was surprised to find that the packaged contained 2 touch-up brushes/pens of 12ml/0.4 fl oz. labeled as R-380 Layer 1 and R-380 Layer 2. The paint is branded "Genuine Colors" rather than "Easy-Paint" and the enclosed instructions identifies a YouTube video Genuine Colors. Apparently Layer 1 is the base coat and appears as a white primer layer, although the contents are not identified other than the color code and Layer 1. Layer 2 certainly appears to be Honda R-380 Grand Prix Red from the outside and from what I can tell with a quick inside look. When the weather warms up a little later this week I'll be touching up some scratches and will follow up with another post if things don't come out as good as I hope.
I've started using the touch up paint and I can share my experience so far. The red color - layer 2 - is a spot on match for grand prix red. In one spot I tried using both layer 1 (white) followed by layer 2 (red). Rather than result in a deeper red I found myself working with variations of pink. It could be the size of the area I was working in and certainly my lack of knowledge and technique but I got to the point where I cleaned the area and later applied just the red touch up paint.

I would just bring a part into an auto body shop and have them mix up a half pint to match your bike, that's "what they do". If you weren't happy with it, they would surely tweak it for you. I thought there was a "Honda red", I guess those days are gone.

Back