• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 Side Case rack options?

salishmoto

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just spent a while looking and cannot come up with a rack that fits the 2021 for side cases. We are going to use soft cases for the bike, for some trips and light off road. Anyone out there know of a rack system that fits a 21? Thanks.

E624BBD4-9147-440D-B10C-4879C3C9A40F.jpeg
I had to order my rack from a company in Italy. I think more places have them but a few months ago all the us dealers said they weren’t available yet.

I found it interesting that Shad did not show on their web site, a front or rear view of the bike with the cases installed. Maybe they have changed the mounts in recent years or maybe not, but back at their introduction, those cases on the NC were W--I--D--E, and seemed to be mounted unnecessarily far away from the motorcycle body. Ironically, one of the features that Shad noted is "Highly aerodynamic." It would be nice if Shad showed that rear view angle so buyers could see how they mount.

DSCN0735.jpg

Last edited:
I found it interesting that Shad did not show on their web site, a front or rear view of the bike with the cases installed. Maybe they have changed the mounts in recent years or maybe not, but back at their introduction, those cases on the NC were W--I--D--E, and seemed to be mounted unnecessarily far away from the motorcycle body. Ironically, one of the features that Shad noted is "Highly aerodynamic." It would be nice if Shad showed that rear view angle so buyers could see how they mount.

View attachment 48738
When I was shopping side case options, the SHAD 3P mounting racks were a top runner for me. They appear to 'hug' the bike much more and are barely noticeable when the bags are removed. It appears the 3P racks were changed a little for the 2021+ models?

1648302564157.png

Having all that capacity with the after market side cases be it side or top opening have tempted me to change from the factory cases for some time. But the one thing I have found to not be overlooked is the total weight and balance. Where and how much weight and aero makes a huge change to how this bike handles. I have overloaded mine with all the factory side and top boxes had a rear seat covered and a back pack 40ltr on the frunk. The center of gravity and that mass centralization that Honda designed into this bike was thrown out the window. Nowadays when I load up I pack like a ultra lite backpacker. Do not over pack even if you have the space. Keep the weight down low and central (all heavy items in the frunk). The bike behaves so much better when riding now on trips.

Back