2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Lomunchi

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to go into work to pick up my laptop, so I thought I'd take the bike (about 36 miles round trip)
While I was there, I thought; I'm so close, why don't I take a ride over to the St. Croix River. there's a nice town called Stillwater to visit.
While I was at the river, I figured; since I'm here, why don't i just ride up the river to Taylors Falls, it's a nice ride...
Once I got there, I remembered; hmm, there's some construction on the main freeway, perhaps I should take an alternate route home...

About 150 miles or so later I got home. Boy did I have to pee!

7fifty

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_0699.jpg

Installed kappa racks, kappa k33 side cases, emgo top box, and a Madstad windshield. Got out for the first ride with these this afternoon...
The Madstad is a nice improvement over the stock shield - considerably less wind noise. Can't say that I even noticed the cases while riding.
Only issue is that I find that I'm scuffing one or more of them with my boot every time I get on or off the bike. Guess I need to work on my technique!

930 km on the bike (new '20) after today's ride.

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 44511

Installed kappa racks, kappa k33 side cases, emgo top box, and a Madstad windshield. Got out for the first ride with these this afternoon...
The Madstad is a nice improvement over the stock shield - considerably less wind noise. Can't say that I even noticed the cases while riding.
Only issue is that I find that I'm scuffing one or more of them with my boot every time I get on or off the bike. Guess I need to work on my technique!

930 km on the bike (new '20) after today's ride.
They make tough self stick clear tape you can put in those areas. I had it on my FJR saddlebags. Being old and stubby legged I kicked them every time I got on and off.

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled the front wheel to take it to the local Honda shop for a tire change. 60$ later I think I’m going to invest in my own tire change gear.

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Ran some errands today. Stopped at the CVS for baby wipes and a prescription, then the True Value for paint, rode across the county to get lunch at a little Vietnamese restaurant that makes the best Pho this side of Chicago's Chinatown. Then to the adult beverage emporium to pick up a half dozen bottles wine for the lovely Mrs_Bob. Gone for about 3.5 hours total, not very far or very exciting, but it was a nice break from the norm.

Hey thanks, that's not a bad idea...probably going to try that!
Look for 3M brand double sided automotive tape. It will stick something to your bike for a decade, but can be removed if you really work at it and when removing it the tape will not damage to the factory paint. I've used it on vehicles and several projects. It is a 'foam' core tape and as close to weatherproof as is possible.

Last edited: