• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so. On Revzilla, it shows the same part number Vortex lever for my 2013, my 2016, and I also checked for a 2019 NC750X. All show Item P347849 as the part that fits each bike. I had thought about swapping my oem adjustable lever from the 2016 to the 2013, but I didn't want to lose adjustability on the 2016 either, because I like where it is currently set as opposed to how the oem one felt on the 2013. Plus the black Vortex lever looks cool and adds at least 10 more horsepowers to the track bike....LOL

VORTEX RACING

Vortex V3 2.0 Brake Lever Honda​

Item: P347849

Will the adjustable lever of the later bikes fit the 2013? Just wondering.
Yes. I put the 2014 part # lever on my 2013. Exact fit, but adjustable.

I just put an aftermarket adjustable lever on the clutch side, but I am going to stick with the OEM for the brake. Even though they are mis-matched; I like the smooth taper of the OEM lever better than the bent shape of most aftermarket ones.

Yep, when I got to Iron Horse Lodge, nobody was in camp...I setup and found out later in the day I setup next to Bulitt; his vfr1200 is a nice looking machine... the green tent behind mind is Bulitt's Taj Mahal....
View attachment 45097
......and just like that.....there went the neighborhood!

Just kidding....you made a good neighbor.......unlike the guy in the hammock who snored like a bulldozer!

......and just like that.....there went the neighborhood!

Just kidding....you made a good neighbor.......unlike the guy in the hammock who snored like a bulldozer!
Two weeks earlier and it might have been my VFR that was there with you! Posting it tomorrow. Went out for about 300M today (took a day off). Absolutely an apex motorcycle but time for something different. Hope you are well!

Deleted that horrible growth on the back of the bike by installing an Ermax Undertail and CustomLED turn signals. LOVE how it looks. The LED brake and blinkers are significantly brighter than the stock incandescents. Need to figure out where the flasher is today so I can install the new one.

I will say this job suuuuuucked. I'm not new to modding vehicles in general, but this was my first motorcycle mod and it took significantly longer than I expected.

Edit: Flasher took all of 15 minutes. Service manual says to remove practically all of the side tupperware which may be required if you have giant hands. I was able to remove the seat and painted piece just to the left side of the frunk and had no problem. All working 100% now!

ermax_undertail.jpg

Last edited:
I tightened up my throttle cable. I only have about 1800 miles on the bike and it seemed to have accumulated a little play. Easy as pie. I'm much happier with a more instantaneous throttle response.

So I had to prove it out with a little 70 mile ride... just to see if everything worked! :)

She could really use a wash.... maybe that's next.

Two weeks earlier and it might have been my VFR that was there with you! Posting it tomorrow. Went out for about 300M today (took a day off). Absolutely an apex motorcycle but time for something different. Hope you are well!
Which VFR do you have, 1200X? Manual or DCT?

Need to figure out where the flasher is today so I can install the new one.
It is on the left side, just in front of the frunk. I believe the shop manual calls for removing most of the left-side panels to access it, but a nice trick is that you can remove the two "vent cover" panels on the left and right sides, then remove the middle panel that is over the key lock of the frunk (the one you remove to change the air filter) and get instant access to the relay! I think that is probably less things to remove, although both are about equally annoying jobs. (Edit: Didn't see your edit! Glad you got it installed easily!)

For sale details??? I've always wanted one Lol

I don't have pics yet as it is dirty had to do an emergency project here at the house Saturday and Sunday. Have not set price but will be asking ~$9,000.00, negotiable. Anything reasonable and I will accept the offer.

TitleClear (need to get paper copy)
Year
2016​
ColorBlack
Mileage
15100​
WarrantyYes, aftermarket, ~1 year remaining
SeatStock, but I have a Corbin I can throw in for the right offer
GripsHeated, Honda
Top CaseHonda, Silver, Mounting plate installed
PanniersHonda, some scuffs, not terrible at all
Case KeysOne Key Cylinders installed
Center standYes, Honda
Suspension, RearHyperpro Fully Adjustable, remote, Seperator, 3000 Miles, one free rebuild available from Hyperpro
Suspension, FrontHyperpro Springs, Fluid changed @12000 Mi @ Sunsports
TiresDunlop Road Smart III, 1750 miles
Crash ProtectionHonda Light Bar
Auxilliary LightingPIAA, 3", Switched
Hand GuardsHonda OEM, New
Brakes~ 12000 Mi. replaced (By Honda @ Susnsports)
BatteryNew Yuasa
Dropped?Yes, once. Stop sign on my 2nd day of owning it, at stop sign, No damage other than a scuff to the light bar (desperately slowed the fall!)
Damage or defectRemarkably clean. I did snap the front right Turn signal body (slipped when detailing it). I have the part ordered. If I receive it and have time to install it will be repaired. Part comes with regardless. Minor rub on rear hand rail from bag straps.
MufflerOEM but only 4000 miles on it. The original had a stone dent that drove me crazy.
MaintenanceMeticulously maintained, Motul oil, probably due for an air cleaner (which I have). If the TS gets here in time I will replace the air filter if/when I replace it.

Thanks,
I don't have pics yet as it is dirty had to do an emergency project here at the house Saturday and Sunday. Have not set price but will be asking ~$9,000.00, negotiable. Anything reasonable and I will accept the offer.

TitleClear (need to get paper copy)
Year
2016​
ColorBlack
Mileage
15100​
WarrantyYes, aftermarket, ~1 year remaining
SeatStock, but I have a Corbin I can throw in for the right offer
GripsHeated, Honda
Top CaseHonda, Silver, Mounting plate installed
PanniersHonda, some scuffs, not terrible at all
Case KeysOne Key Cylinders installed
Center standYes, Honda
Suspension, RearHyperpro Fully Adjustable, remote, Seperator, 3000 Miles, one free rebuild available from Hyperpro
Suspension, FrontHyperpro Springs, Fluid changed @12000 Mi @ Sunsports
TiresDunlop Road Smart III, 1750 miles
Crash ProtectionHonda Light Bar
Auxilliary LightingPIAA, 3", Switched
Hand GuardsHonda OEM, New
Brakes~ 12000 Mi. replaced (By Honda @ Susnsports)
BatteryNew Yuasa
Dropped?Yes, once. Stop sign on my 2nd day of owning it, at stop sign, No damage other than a scuff to the light bar (desperately slowed the fall!)
Damage or defectRemarkably clean. I did snap the front right Turn signal body (slipped when detailing it). I have the part ordered. If I receive it and have time to install it will be repaired. Part comes with regardless. Minor rub on rear hand rail from bag straps.
MufflerOEM but only 4000 miles on it. The original had a stone dent that drove me crazy.
MaintenanceMeticulously maintained, Motul oil, probably due for an air cleaner (which I have). If the TS gets here in time I will replace the air filter if/when I replace it.
Thanks, sir. What part of FL are you located in? I really would like to have one. I am interested, but that does not mean I will be able to talk myself into purchasing it. I am selling my rental house - closing next Monday. So I have been looking at upgrading one of my motorcycles or possibly buying another side by side, or just sticking most of the cash in the bank.....so I'm on the metaphorical fence for now. But I've been lusting after the VFR1200X bikes for quite awhile now.

Thanks,

Thanks, sir. What part of FL are you located in? I really would like to have one. I am interested, but that does not mean I will be able to talk myself into purchasing it. I am selling my rental house - closing next Monday. So I have been looking at upgrading one of my motorcycles or possibly buying another side by side, or just sticking most of the cash in the bank.....so I'm on the metaphorical fence for now. But I've been lusting after the VFR1200X bikes for quite awhile now.
SW Florida. Right between Fort Myers and Naples in a town call Estero (nice place to live if you are looking). Understand completely. With all honesty, this is an incredible machine. Whether it is mine or somebody else's, ride it and you'll buy it if you are looking for a bike in this category. Top of the food chain. There are criticisms, no doubt. But the performance and reliability are insane.

SW Florida. Right between Fort Myers and Naples in a town call Estero (nice place to live if you are looking). Understand completely. With all honesty, this is an incredible machine. Whether it is mine or somebody else's, ride it and you'll buy it if you are looking for a bike in this category. Top of the food chain. There are criticisms, no doubt. But the performance and reliability are insane.
I would be tickled with my NC if it had 100, or even 50 more horsepower. I still love it, but I grew up on fast stuff and it's hard to not miss it at times. Especially riding with friends on high horsepower bikes. One of my friends has 2 Ducati Multistradas, one is an Enduro 1200 and the other a Pikes Peak 1260...both make more than 3 times the horsepower of my NC, so when I ride with him, I struggle to keep up. My other friends have liter bikes like GSXR 1000 and CBR 1000, etc., like I used to ride. I never was one on a slow bike, so it's been quite a change for me to be on the slowest bike of everyone I ride with LOL Although I can still smoke most of them in the curves, except for the Ducati guy, as he is an experienced ex club racer.

I'd be interested in some pics of your bike though, when you get time to post them. Or send me a private message and I can give you my number if you rather text them to me.

I'd be interested in some pics of your bike though, when you get time to post them. Or send me a private message and I can give you my number if you rather text them to me.
Hopefully in the For Sale section, not here.

I would be tickled with my NC if it had 100, or even 50 more horsepower. I still love it, but I grew up on fast stuff and it's hard to not miss it at times. Especially riding with friends on high horsepower bikes. One of my friends has 2 Ducati Multistradas, one is an Enduro 1200 and the other a Pikes Peak 1260...both make more than 3 times the horsepower of my NC, so when I ride with him, I struggle to keep up. My other friends have liter bikes like GSXR 1000 and CBR 1000, etc., like I used to ride. I never was one on a slow bike, so it's been quite a change for me to be on the slowest bike of everyone I ride with LOL Although I can still smoke most of them in the curves, except for the Ducati guy, as he is an experienced ex club racer.

I will post pics here and will PM you with my cell. I just realized that we should probably be using PM anyhow. I'll post them in the for-sale section too.

I did the inverted screen mod today from this thread. It's not totally 100% perfect, but honestly I doubt anyone could pull this off and be totally flawless outside of a clean room. I tried being as absolutely careful as possible cleaning the residue and using anhydrous iso on the surface of the glass while wearing gloves. Still had a little spot that isn't perfect. Can't notice it much while riding.

Looks great during the day, too. SO much better than the ugly stock screen.

IMG_1086.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back