• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, I guess so. I started getting the itch again a few months ago.

Brought this home today. This is about right for me timing wise. After I sold the 2012 in 2014 I was without an NC about a year before buying NC #2. I sold #2 about 18 months ago. Someone remind in 12 to 18 months how much I like the NC700/750 and DON'T SELL #3.

I wanted a 2018 or later to experience 745cc and the post '17 DCT upgrades but used bike prices are rising fast and I couldn't justify the price difference.

2013 DCT with 7300 one owner miles. Michelins, Corbin seat, some original Honda accessories, original Madstad first gen windshield (like 670cc's), Barkbusters, wider foot pegs, Puig hugger. Extras include a Seat Concepts extra seat, Leo Vince pipe and 3 other windshields. He said one was a Puig, one is a something-or-other, and the original one.

View attachment 45242
Resistance is futile?

I took mine on my first licensed ride today, even if it was just to the grocery store 3 minutes from my house. Been riding around the neighborhood since I got it in preparation for the MSF class, which was Monday and Tuesday. Learning on the NC made riding the Groms in class ridiculously easy, and I had a blast. Went to the DPS office this morning to get my endorsement added.

It was a great feeling to take it out without worrying about getting a ticket or the bike impounded by the rozzers.

Nice bike Dave! I hear 2013 silver DCT bikes are the fastest :cool:

I rode my 2016 NC to work today and noticed I have just over 9,050 miles on the odometer......it only had 4,100 on it when I bought it less than a year ago. And I've got 3 bikes that I ride! 4,100 miles in 4 years from the original owner should be considered neglect. LOL.

Nice bike Dave! I hear 2013 silver DCT bikes are the fastest :cool:

I rode my 2016 NC to work today and noticed I have just over 9,050 miles on the odometer......it only had 4,100 on it when I bought it less than a year ago. And I've got 3 bikes that I ride! 4,100 miles in 4 years from the original owner should be considered neglect. LOL.
I only have about 52k miles in my four years.... I feel like a putz about that. I need to ride more

me too ... below since retirement (I started keeping track in 2008..no records for 1965-2007). I also keep track of days ridden. I rode 350 out of 366 days in 2020, but average over 300 days a year..

Year Yearly Miles

2020 21,414

2019 20,401

2018 21,102

2017 29,105

2016 25,304

2015 22,033

2014 27,053

Bought a stinking expensive tire machine and balancer combo kit from No-Mar.

A month ago or so my buddy helped me change my rear tire with a cheapy stand and gouged my wheel with his spoons. He's a great guy so I didn't tell him how angry that makes me. I did tell him I don't want to use his machine ever again though.

A month ago or so my buddy helped me change my rear tire with a cheapy stand and gouged my wheel with his spoons. He's a great guy so I didn't tell him how angry that makes me. I did tell him I don't want to use his machine ever again though.
Awesome! You'll love having a tire changing tool.

I use my No-Mar a lot. Get a Mojolever, it is amazing for mounting tires. Dismounting is the same as the No-Mar tools. MojoLever

I rode out this morning to decide between the Corbin and Shad seat. On and off sprinkly light rain. The Shad was installed and the Corbin was strapped on the bike with a couple of the small Rok Straps. I have had a Corbin before and liked it a lot despite it being as hard as a park bench. I rode a hundred miles plus on each. The Shad is much softer than stock and a hundred times softer than the Corbin but I think I like the Corbin a little better. Too soft seats tend to crush down under my skinny butt after a while and create hot spots. Feel great at first then squirm city after a couple hours. I have no a** to speak of and there's no much fat or muscle padding under my sit-upon bones. The Corbin would be the choice except the front of the seat is a little low and I tend to slide forward. I have to try the Showkey mod and raise the front a little bit.IMG_1017.jpg

These are the kinds of roads I was on today as I rode up into southeast GA around Folkston, GA. Rural farm country.

Hi all,

Okay; so this isn't something I did today - it's actually from back at the end of May. However, I did a motorcycle camping trip around England and Wales - just over a thousand miles over eight days. Here are my photos and videos (if you're wanting something to help you sleep ;))

1624132030592.png

1624132131331.png

A playlist of the videos here - and some collected photos of the trip here.

I rode out this morning to decide between the Corbin and Shad seat. On and off sprinkly light rain. The Shad was installed and the Corbin was strapped on the bike with a couple of the small Rok Straps. I have had a Corbin before and liked it a lot despite it being as hard as a park bench. I rode a hundred miles plus on each. The Shad is much softer than stock and a hundred times softer than the Corbin but I think I like the Corbin a little better. Too soft seats tend to crush down under my skinny butt after a while and create hot spots. Feel great at first then squirm city after a couple hours. I have no a** to speak of and there's no much fat or muscle padding under my sit-upon bones. The Corbin would be the choice except the front of the seat is a little low and I tend to slide forward. I have to try the Showkey mod and raise the front a little bit.View attachment 45299

These are the kinds of roads I was on today as I rode up into southeast GA around Folkston, GA. Rural farm country.
My 5000 mile long test of the Shad seat led to the conclusion that it feels great at first and on short rides, but on a long ride you slide forward into a little pocket by the frunk and the soft foam has crushed to the point you feel like you're sitting on the plastic seat pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back