• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't going to be 90° today, I could actually go enjoy myself outside. This climate change thing is awful
It’s rather ironic, isn’t it? Perhaps we are wanting to go ride and put more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, but maybe bemoan that climate change has made it uncomfortable to do so. We humans are hopelessly irrational creatures.

I have a one-inch slice in my seat I think someone stabbed it when I was out. Been thinking of either doing the seat concepts which I don't like the looks of or maybe trying to find someone to make a custom cover. It's just a lot of money for what is just sewn material.

Dumb question. I went to install the dale nut plates and they have a gap when installed. Are they suppose to be installed with a washer between the windshield and mounting bracket?

I have a one-inch slice in my seat I think someone stabbed it when I was out. Been thinking of either doing the seat concepts which I don't like the looks of or maybe trying to find someone to make a custom cover. It's just a lot of money for what is just sewn material.

Dumb question. I went to install the dale nut plates and they have a gap when installed. Are they suppose to be installed with a washer between the windshield and mounting bracket?
Anyone doing the Seat Concepts installation job themselves would have a stock seat cover left over. Maybe there is one out there in a junk box somewhere.

It’s rather ironic, isn’t it? Perhaps we are wanting to go ride and put more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, but maybe bemoan that climate change has made it uncomfortable to do so. We humans are hopelessly irrational creatures.
The call-out lmao

Well, I am a motorcyclist. I want all the things. But I don't want to pay for them!

The "making it mine" continues. This evening I rewired the relay trigger wire from the headlight high beam to the line side of the optional electrical harness relay so that when the key is ON there is power to the Denali conspicuity lights through a on/off handlebar switch. I prefer to have them on all the time but with a switch so I can turn them on & off. The PO wired the relay so the Denali conspicuity lights came on with high beams only. Then I wired a Garmin Zumo GPS cable to the battery.

Last edited:
The "making it mine" continues. This evening I rewired the relay trigger wire from the headlight high beam to the line side of the optional electrical harness relay so that when the key is ON there is power to the Denali conspicuity lights through a on/off handlebar switch. I prefer to have them on all the time but with a switch so I can turn them on & off. The PO wired the relay so the Denali conspicuity lights came on with high beams only. Then I wired a Garmin Zumo GPS cable to the battery.
I can't recall if it's nationwide or just provincial law, but Canada (or parts thereof) requires accessory lighting to be switchable in order to be lawful. Or at least I read that once. I can't seem to find the relevant statute at the moment

I can't recall if it's nationwide or just provincial law, but Canada (or parts thereof) requires accessory lighting to be switchable in order to be lawful. Or at least I read that once. I can't seem to find the relevant statute at the moment
That's true in my province, Manitoba.
It's hidden deep in our Highway Traffic Act.
When I added Denali LED DRL's to my NC, I made sure they were switchable.

That's good because we wouldn't want to do something else unlawful :/

I do enough of that already.

That's good because we wouldn't want to do something else unlawful :/

I do enough of that already.
Every time I read of laws and regulations as such, it makes me further proud to live in good ole Alabama.....where you can get away with most anything on the highway except for dark tint on your vehicle windows. :D

I have a stock seat cover left over from my Seat Concepts upgrade. PM me and it’s yours if you want it.
I don’t want it. fleetingyouth is the forum member with the sliced seat cover. See post #545.

Installed some EBC HH pads on the street NC this evening. Sanded and greased the caliper pin. Oem pads still have probably 75% life left in them (only 9k miles on them), but you just can't beat the grab of those EBC pads! And a fresh, cold IPA afterwards. (Not sure why the pics loaded out of order)

20210622_172440.jpg

20210622_175214.jpg

20210622_172421.jpg

Installed some EBC HH pads on the street NC this evening. Sanded and greased the caliper pin. Oem pads still have probably 75% life left in them (only 9k miles on them), but you just can't beat the grab of those EBC pads! And a fresh, cold IPA afterwards. (Not sure why the pics loaded out of order)

View attachment 45369

View attachment 45370

View attachment 45371
I assume you mean that you like the way EBCs feel because HH is the pad material's friction coefficent measured to a particular standard (SAE??) and OEM pads are HH as well.

I assume you mean that you like the way EBCs feel because HH is the pad material's friction coefficent measured to a particular standard (SAE??) and OEM pads are HH as well.
That's correct, and why I said "can't beat the grab of those EBC pads!" ;)

Usually it takes a few miles for new pads to "break in" and start grabbing good, but the difference with these is instantaneous compared to the stockers. Caught me off guard the first time I squeezed the lever to slow down for a turn a mile or two down the road from my driveway.

Now I gotta get the new chain installed next when I have time. That oem one looks pretty bad. It's way loose and many kinked links. I started to tighten it a little, but figured why bother since I need to put the new chain on it anyways.

That's correct, and why I said "can't beat the grab of those EBC pads!" ;)

Usually it takes a few miles for new pads to "break in" and start grabbing good, but the difference with these is instantaneous compared to the stockers. Caught me off guard the first time I squeezed the lever to slow down for a turn a mile or two down the road from my driveway.

Now I gotta get the new chain installed next when I have time. That oem one looks pretty bad. It's way loose and many kinked links. I started to tighten it a little, but figured why bother since I need to put the new chain on it anyways.
I believe you when you say the EBC HH pads grab differently than the OEM pads. My original Goldwing pads had worn, and I replaced them with EBC pads. After a few thousands miles I decided that I hated the grabbiness of the EBCs, and then installed a new set of OEM pads, which I liked better. The point is, there was a notable difference between OEM HH and EBC HH pads.

I believe you when you say the EBC HH pads grab differently than the OEM pads. My original Goldwing pads had worn, and I replaced them with EBC pads. After a few thousands miles I decided that I hated the grabbiness of the EBCs, and then installed a new set of OEM pads, which I liked better. The point is, there was a notable difference between OEM HH and EBC HH pads.
Yep, definitely a big difference. Everyone has their preferences, and for the way I ride, I love the grabbiness. Although, I know everyone rides differently and values characteristics differently. The oem pads were becoming annoying to me. I really expected them to be in worse shape when I took them off. I was surprised to see so much of the pads left, but hated the way they were stopping. I mean it wasn't outrageously horrible, just felt like I really had to squeeze the lever to get it to brake how I like it to brake. Almost like the "glazed over" feel. Which, I guess, could be another possibility? Who knows, either way, I'm an EBC fanboy. Lol

I suggest you keep an eye on the thickness of your rotor. Use very accurate measuring strategy. If the pads start eating into the rotor, we would love to know about it. If you start seeing deep groves or the rotor warps, we would also like to know. I keep my ear to the ground. I have heard things from experts. It is always good to hear from someone on a forum who has direct experience.
As I've said before in other threads where this has been brought up, I've put many thousands of miles on multiple bikes equipped with EBC HH sintered pads, and never had to replace a rotor. Including my Kawi bagger cruiser. But I never put any more than about 20k miles on a single bike with EBC pads, but in that 20k miles on that particular bike (2007 Kawi ZX10R), there was a lot of hard street riding including mild stunting (stoppies), about 10 hard trackdays, etc.

Been running EBC HH pads on my other NC, but it only has about 4-5k miles on the pads, which includes about 8 trackdays as well as some street riding before I made it a track-only bike.

Bottom line, I'm not worried about the rotor wear. It's not something that's gonna happen overnight. Will these pads wear the rotor more quickly than OEM? Yes, probably so. But it's a trade off that is very much worth it for me. It'd be different if it was eating a rotor each year or something crazy like that, but it's nowhere near that significant. It's like the difference in running sport tires that last 4-5k miles and hard tires that last 10k+ miles. All depends on what you value most.

Last edited:
if you were going to toss out the stock pads with 75% pad left, I might be interested in them for the price of shipping, assuming they fit the two pot front caliper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back