• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you make the swap just for the sound? What exhaust do you have with it? I wonder how it will affect gas mileage.
i haven't had this bike for long..its a 2016 750....i really like the bike but find it a shade "soft".....i live next to a country road so no city riding.....i have already eased the throttle pull and really wanted a slightly sportier feel to the bike to compliment the throttle(it feels like 10 extra horses)...the slightly "barkier"note should fit perfectly.....i imagine slightly better fuel cons as the bike is now uncorked...next on my list will be suspension upgrade....i prefer standard exhaust but not to the machines detriment,so standard muffler

Ppcz3xql.jpg

tyres arrived yesterday so today i fitted them....finally took the bike for a spin around the block
the exhaust(black widow cat elim)proved a winner..nice note,free flowing,feels like more power but i no its only ?
cornering the new tyres was totally weird,i didnt go too hard as yet to bed them in but felt really strange...am sure this will improve in time........tyres are Shinko 705 front and back......i ordered Motos Tractionator GPS rear but after waiting 2 weeks the tyre mob said the container was no closer so i went with 705 for the rear....just wanted sthing hard wearing..btw the rear is 150/70

Attachments

• 20210716_155647[1].jpg
    20210716_155647[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210716_155659[1].jpg
    20210716_155659[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
tyres arrived yesterday so today i fitted them....finally took the bike for a spin around the block
the exhaust(black widow cat elim)proved a winner..nice note,free flowing,feels like more power but i no its only ?
cornering the new tyres was totally weird,i didnt go too hard as yet to bed them in but felt really strange...am sure this will improve in time........tyres are Shinko 705 front and back......i ordered Motos Tractionator GPS rear but after waiting 2 weeks the tyre mob said the container was no closer so i went with 705 for the rear....just wanted sthing hard wearing..btw the rear is 150/70
I thought the cornering of the 705s was weird too. I wanted the dual sport tire, but couldn't deal with the loss of rideability. I took them off and replaced them after 100 miles with Bridgestone T31 front and rear. Love the T31s.

Yesterday I went and picked some things at my dad's. Ended up talking with him for longer than I planned and left around sunset.

Not too far from his house I saw a deer bolt out onto the road and pause as I approached. Had to jam on the brakes and the idiot stopped, so I also had to start swerving. Then it decided to go, and nearly got hit again by a car coming the other direction. Very exciting stuff. My heart jumped into my throat.

Interesting cap to a beautiful day riding backcountry roads and seeing Mt Tacoma (Ranier) from three different sides.

Gave it a rain bath. Rained so hard, with wind blowing and branches coming down, I could hardly see lol. Was reminded that my mesh jacket, mesh gloves and blue jeans are NOT waterproof and that my waterproof boots aren't either if water is running down your legs into your socks ha ha.

Yesterday I went and picked some things at my dad's. Ended up talking with him for longer than I planned and left around sunset.

Not too far from his house I saw a deer bolt out onto the road and pause as I approached. Had to jam on the brakes and the idiot stopped, so I also had to start swerving. Then it decided to go, and nearly got hit again by a car coming the other direction. Very exciting stuff. My heart jumped into my throat.

Interesting cap to a beautiful day riding backcountry roads and seeing Mt Tacoma (Ranier) from three different sides.
lucky not to get injured....we do have deer here but not usually on the roads...big roos are scarce too...we have lots of road kill tho,knee high and smaller due to there being no foxes in tasmania,so after dark need to slow down

Busy afternoon. I dropped the forks out to change out the fork fluid and install the Cogent Dynamic DDC cartridge emulators that came Fed Ex this week. I'm light at 165 lbs in riding gear so I kept the OEM springs and spacers. The coolant needed to be changed and with the fork and wheel out of the way the radiator is easily removed for flushing. With the radiator out of the way the valves are a 15 minute job to check. This is a 2013 with 8100 miles (2012-2013's have a 8000 mile valve check interval, later models Honda extended the interval to 16,000 miles). I wouldn't normally have checked them until 16,000 miles but for everything being out of the way I took a look. The valves were in specification, no surprise. I put the forks back in and slid the legs 12 mm up in the clamps in order to keep steering geometry and leg reach to the ground unchanged. The emulators add 12 mm to the spring stack in the forks. Rider sag came out to 52 mm or 38%, a little high but I'll live with it.

Lord willing, long ride tomorrow on some of my favorite roads, down to Istachatta and back through horse country .

Big 404 mile loop of Central Florida today. An unusual July day for Florida, though it was hot in the low 90s the humidity wasn't bad and this bike has a lot of wind flow to stay cool. The forks are much more compliant now with the Cogent Dynamic cartridge emulators and it tracks confidently through bumpy corners. Last week I pulled the Rox risers back and rotated the bars forward to create a more comfortable angle for my wrists and hands to the grips. I was a little apprehensive about the firm Corbin seat and the new grips/seat/pegs triangle on a long ride but it all worked well for me today.

IMG_1112.jpg

Withlachoochee Islands near Floral City.

IMG_1114.jpg

Little Lake Harris at Howie-In-The-Hills. A floatplane took off in this frame not a quarter mile out 5 minutes earlier.

IMG_1115.jpg

Lunch at Old Crow BBQ just north of Umatilla. Spaceteach and I met here for the 1st Annual NC700X Ride To Eat, IIRC in March 2013.

IMG_1118.jpg

Florida is largely rural and agriculture is a very important part of our state economy. This is sod farm in Spuds, FL about 50 miles south of my home. I think that's a funny name for a town but we grow a lot of potatoes here too. That looks like a hard pack dirt lane the bike is on but it was real soft and on street tires it felt like mushy ice. Once I was off the pavement and on the edge of the field and realized how soft it was but I couldn't get back up on the paved road until I got to the far side of the field. Anxious moments.

64824195460__D788774E-16B1-45F8-86AC-D660D94FD413.jpg

IMG_1121.PNG

Last edited:
Nice ride! Personally I would have probably hugged the coast a bit more. I love the ride down to Palm Coast and even further toward Daytona. But that is just my preference. Is your Corbin new? They are hard when they are new but mine has become quite comfortable.

Big 404 mile loop of Central Florida today. An unusual July day for Florida, though it was hot in the low 90s the humidity wasn't bad and this bike has a lot of wind flow to stay cool. The forks are much more compliant now with the Cogent Dynamic cartridge emulators and it tracks confidently through bumpy corners. Last week I pulled the Rox risers back and rotated the bars forward to create a more comfortable angle for my wrists and hands to the grips. I was a little apprehensive about the firm Corbin seat and the new grips/seat/pegs triangle on a long ride but it all worked well for me today.

Do I see a Shad passenger seat along with your Corbin front seat?

Nice ride! Personally I would have probably hugged the coast a bit more. I love the ride down to Palm Coast and even further toward Daytona. But that is just my preference. Is your Corbin new? They are hard when they are new but mine has become quite comfortable.
I do ride down the coast as far as Daytona fairly often but always very early in the morning, then I head inland by 8 AM. I generally don't go south of Highbridge Rd on A1A. Yesterday's ride was on curvy roads with little to no traffic as much as I can make it. When I planned the rides for an event we did on ST1300s 2007-2017, I lived to hear attendees from other states say "I never knew Florida had roads like this." We did it in November and for many riders from northern states it was the last event of the year for them.

The Corbin came on the bike. It won't soften up anymore than it is now, that's how they are built. I had a Corbin before and liked it's firmness and support that's why I'm giving this one the nod.

Nice ride. I use to live in Ft Pierce when I was a kid. I've bowhunted/slayed a dump truck full of feral hogs between Kissime and Melbourne on a ranch in Deer Park. Get out of the touristy areas and Florida is still a very wild place.

Nice ride. I use to live in Ft Pierce when I was a kid. I've bowhunted/slayed a dump truck full of feral hogs between Kissime and Melbourne on a ranch in Deer Park. Get out of the touristy areas and Florida is still a very wild place.
That was probably the Deseret Ranch. The last time I tried to use Deer Park Rd to get to Yee Haw Junction for a RTE, Deer Park Rd was closed to traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back