• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a new year, and a new thread for: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?
I finally got my 2018 back form the shop (June, been there since Nov.) and it still did not run lol Bike was in peace's, I disconnected the power unit in the funk and she started right up! Now ain't that a hoot lol
seems to be running good.

Took my X-Adv on a 740Km trip around my small country as part of a touring event. Mostly on secondary scenic twisty roads. It is possibly the best long distance bike that I own because of its very large seat and the variety of foot positions available. Currently it just has one flaw and that is the buffeting off the screen. I am working on that but because of its design a good replacement is not easy to find.
My trip started at 7 AM and finished at 7pm. Temperatures ranged twixt 17C and 26C. A very enjoyable day indeed.

Re-bungied (is that a word?.. I put new elastic cord on it) an old tail bag I had in the closet, and trial packed for an upcoming trip. Then took the set up for a test ride. Couldn't even feel it back there. Bag weighs 12 pounds, sits on the passenger seat and carries everything I need for a week of traveling. Undo the front 2 hooks and I can gas up without removing the whole bag.

xtQyQghh.jpg

267 mile loop for me today. 8:15am to 3:05pm. Stopped for lunch at my Alma Mater, enjoyed seeing the campus again. I don’t go back often, they built a few new buildings since my last visit

Caught a little rain on the way home, about 5 minutes worth of fairly light rain and 1 minute of moderate/heavy rain but then it abruptly stopped. Roads were wet the rest of the way home but I had almost all sunny riding.

59A489C5-BD65-4963-ACE2-B45B7740DA44.jpeg121CF62C-56F8-4FEF-8895-EFAE90EB95A7.jpegA534CD37-AFEA-4702-8E29-64A146CDA498.jpeg4B950CCF-1AAD-4F86-A252-E0A8FA6AF1EE.jpeg

Re-bungied (is that a word?.. I put new elastic cord on it) an old tail bag I had in the closet, and trial packed for an upcoming trip. Then took the set up for a test ride. Couldn't even feel it back there. Bag weighs 12 pounds, sits on the passenger seat and carries everything I need for a week of traveling. Undo the front 2 hooks and I can gas up without removing the whole bag.

xtQyQghh.jpg
I have that same tail bag with lots of touring memories.

had a great 195 mile ride with the Pillion today. I installed a new Saddleman drivers seat and wanted to try it out. don't know if i'm happy with it yet, more time in the saddle will tell if it is a keeper or unload it for a RDL. ...we'll see. :{P

I had another great 200mi ride today(solo in 95f heat) putting more miles on the Saddleman, though i am still unsure about it. I'm thinking it needs the front raised as it feels like it still slopes too much to the front for my taste. Tomorrow i will raise it up and take another 200mi ride. :{)

I was in Florida last week (drove my car from Indiana to Florida) so no riding the nc700x last week...I am at work this morning and rode the Nc700x into work...Nice ride in, temp was 74'F, low humidity at 6am this morning...while in Florida, I did ride my little klx250sf some and got very close to where dduelin was riding (I usually stay west, southwest of Gainesville Florida while riding)....no computer last week and dont check the site on my phone...

short 50 mile solo ride today. Though... my new GoPro8 showed up today while i was out and i got to play with it a little bit this evening! :{)

Last edited:
My 1000 mile tour of central/northern part of Michigan's lower peninsula was a lot of fun. Interesting collection of bikes. Nice camp to call home for the weekend. Lots of stops at cheesy roadside attractions.
The NC ran great. No issues. The Kawi Versus 300X lost it's masterlink retaining clip somewhere on our 300 mile ride on Friday. Luckily, the local Harley dealer had a 530 masterlink set and the clip snapped right on the 520 chain.

Camp.
a.jpg

Mini-Mackinaw Bridge
b.jpg

When I saw that pic of breakfast, brunch, late breakfast, whatever you want to call it, I got queasy. Way too unhealthy for me.
But the ride looks appetizing LOL

When I saw that pic of breakfast, brunch, late breakfast, whatever you want to call it, I got queasy. Way too unhealthy for me.
But the ride looks appetizing LOL
Most days, all I have for breakfast is a piece of lightly buttered 45 calorie toast and a cup of hot tea. I've gone from 181 pounds down to 165 in the last couple of months. Today was Jimmy's 64th birthday, so we splurged with a nice ride and "store bought" breakfast. I wont eat again until dinner, which will be a baked 1/2 boneless chicken breast and steamed broccoli with a glass of flavor enhanced water. Tomorrow it will be back to 45 calorie toast and a cup of hot tea for me lol.

Most days, all I have for breakfast is a piece of lightly buttered 45 calorie toast and a cup of hot tea. I've gone from 181 pounds down to 165 in the last couple of months. Today was Jimmy's 64th birthday, so we splurged with a nice ride and "store bought" breakfast. I wont eat again until dinner, which will be a baked 1/2 boneless chicken breast and steamed broccoli with a glass of flavor enhanced water. Tomorrow it will be back to 45 calorie toast and a cup of hot tea for me lol.

I thought that breakfast looks great , a little like Waffle house . short ride and back with a couple of Popeyes Chicken Sandwiches so some of You guys will probably die healthier than me with a better diet .

generally I ride my 700 to Walmart almost every day and it is truly my little truck . many days i ride home with the hatch straight up and food stacked to the top with ether a 50Lb bag of dog food or 24 bottles of Miclight hanging off the back. I could be happy with only this bike for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back