• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1973 Jeep Commando half-cab I owned back in the mid-80s. Loved the aftermarket 8-cylinder Ford engine, I think it was a 304? Can't remember.

Attachments

• Jeep Commando #3.jpg
    Jeep Commando #3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
1973 Jeep Commando half-cab I owned back in the mid-80s. Loved the aftermarket 8-cylinder Ford engine, I think it was a 304? Can't remember.
Probably a lot more practical than the '67 that I own but I have to admit that I enjoy driving it. The chrome bumpers need to be rechromed. But its in very very nice condition. We repainted it and I had new floorboards welded in place by a body shop body who specializes in hot rods and restorations. He also repainted it. The color is actually a vintage Porsche California blue, I liked it better than the Kaiser blue, very similar but not quite original. I do have the original seats in storage but I switched to high back buckets for safety. It has all original trim pieces, etc.

While we are talking about classic Jeepsters I'm getting a heavy snow here. Hoping for a foot of snow but more likely 8 to 9 inches.

Snow screwed up a trip we were planning for tomorrow. Changed our hotel reservations because the north south interstate near us has a bad history after snowstorms. We will head out of town on Monday. Destination is a cousin who already recovered from Covid and my wife and I already got dose 1 of the Moderna vaccine so we are at minimal risk for travel despite the virus.

Obviously not taking the motorcycles through the blowing and drifting snow.

Probably a lot more practical than the '67 that I own but I have to admit that I enjoy driving it. The chrome bumpers need to be rechromed. But its in very very nice condition. We repainted it and I had new floorboards welded in place by a body shop body who specializes in hot rods and restorations. He also repainted it. The color is actually a vintage Porsche California blue, I liked it better than the Kaiser blue, very similar but not quite original. I do have the original seats in storage but I switched to high back buckets for safety. It has all original trim pieces, etc.
Sounds like a blast, and a very nice job! I'd love another halfcab to play with.
Destination is a cousin who already recovered from Covid and my wife and I already got dose 1 of the Moderna vaccine so we are at minimal risk for travel despite the virus.
Got my 2nd Moderna on Tuesday. The next day, I had funky head for a few hours. When the light fever/chills hit, I put on a sweatshirt, put up the hood, and an hour later I was fine. I work in a hospital, so heard a lot of reports of stuffy head. Some fever and chills, a bunch of headaches. Nothing lasting.

Got my 2nd Moderna on Tuesday. The next day, I had funky head for a few hours. When the light fever/chills hit, I put on a sweatshirt, put up the hood, and an hour later I was fine. I work in a hospital, so heard a lot of reports of stuffy head. Some fever and chills, a bunch of headaches. Nothing lasting.
I don't get my 2nd Moderna until Feb 22

Had shoulder pain for 2 days after shot #1 earlier this week. I've also got RA and it affects my shoulders so I'm not sure how much was Moderna and how much was RA. My wife also had a good bit of shoulder pain. We are both are 60 and got our call for shots.

My brother got the Pfizer and reported shoulder pain too. I saw the report of the MA congress critter who had 2 Pfizer jabs and 9 days after his 2nd jab he got Covid. Pfizer says max immunity kicks in at 7 days after jab #2. OOPS!

I rode to work and then to home in 77 degree weather (Houston). Then removed my old chain and sprockets with 18000 miles and put new on. Not a fun job but not too bad. It took 2 hours. She rides and sounds much better without a clanking old chain.

I don't get my 2nd Moderna until Feb 22

Had shoulder pain for 2 days after shot #1 earlier this week. I've also got RA and it affects my shoulders so I'm not sure how much was Moderna and how much was RA. My wife also had a good bit of shoulder pain. We are both are 60 and got our call for shots.

My brother got the Pfizer and reported shoulder pain too. I saw the report of the MA congress critter who had 2 Pfizer jabs and 9 days after his 2nd jab he got Covid. Pfizer says max immunity kicks in at 7 days after jab #2. OOPS!
Even with the vaccine (both shots), one can still get the virus (symptoms or no symptoms) and be a carrier of the virus....depends on an individuals immune system on how much antibody (titer) the body makes against the virus....I am ready for spring and to ride...tired of looking at snow/ice-even down here in south central Indiana....

Even with the vaccine (both shots), one can still get the virus (symptoms or no symptoms) and be a carrier of the virus....depends on an individuals immune system on how much antibody (titer) the body makes against the virus....I am ready for spring and to ride...tired of looking at snow/ice-even down here in south central Indiana....
They says it’s 94.1% effective. US is on schedule to achieve herd immunity by fall 2021 by vaccinations and should achieve it sooner by combining vaccinations with recovered patients. Travel will be safe again

So that said, 2 vaccinated people should be able to ride motorcycles down Route 66 to Albuquerque to visit our vaccinated relatives.

States are reopening (Indiana has been mostly reopened for months), treatments (like Ivermectin) for Covid are being worked to help those who have it/catch it. We already learned simply taking Vitamin D daily can reduce chances of getting Covid by 54%. So I’m very optimistic about travel in 2021.

Our biggest travel related issue is our 10 month old foster baby. We don’t know when he will transition to an adoptive home. Probably May/June. We can travel freely after his move to a permanent home.

As for the snow ... we had a foot on the ground. Got 2” last night. I like snow

Last edited:
My title/registration application got kicked back for missing two signatures. Stopped by my insurance agents today to sign, now maybe I can get tags in another week or two. No big deal and no rush, can't ride anyways, lows in the mid-teens for at least a week. No farkling, either. I did pay the credit card bill for the first half of accessories, will order the second half at some point. Plus, gotta buy some cold weather riding gear.

They says it’s 94.1% effective. US is on schedule to achieve herd immunity by fall 2021 by vaccinations and should achieve it sooner by combining vaccinations with recovered patients. Travel will be safe again

So that said, 2 vaccinated people should be able to ride motorcycles down Route 66 to Albuquerque to visit our vaccinated relatives.

States are reopening (Indiana has been mostly reopened for months), treatments (like Ivermectin) for Covid are being worked to help those who have it/catch it. We already learned simply taking Vitamin D daily can reduce chances of getting Covid by 54%. So I’m very optimistic about travel in 2021.

Our biggest travel related issue is our 10 month old foster baby. We don’t know when he will transition to an adoptive home. Probably May/June. We can travel freely after his move to a permanent home.

As for the snow ... we had a foot on the ground. Got 2” last night. I like snow
At the risk of opening a big can of infected worms, the vaccines do not appear to be (as) effective against the newer stains e.g. South African, UK variants.

I hope things get better soon. I'm tired of saying no to events and gatherings

At the risk of opening a big can of infected worms, the vaccines do not appear to be (as) effective against the newer stains e.g. South African, UK variants.

I hope things get better soon. I'm tired of saying no to events and gatherings

Only intention of the response is to promote optimism. The studies that are reporting the lack of immune response the vaccines may provide to the currently known mutated strains (south Africa is the one they are worried about) are neither based on human trial, peer reviewed, nor without opposing scientific perspective. However, the media are generally reporting upon what bleeds. I am not suggesting that this information should be ignored, especially as unpredictable as this disease has proven to be. However, there are far more data that suggest the contrary is true; that the vaccines will likely be clinically effective at substantially reducing infection rates.

Went riding today for a 40 minute jaunt to and from the store. 25f and sunny. New personal best for low temperature ride!
Single digits (F) and powder snow here making the roads slick and hazardous. Bike still in this garage.

I tried to go out to a Redbox location for the Game of Tag thread. It was basically dry near my house, low 40s °F.

The spot I saw on my last ride is about 20 miles from my house. Got halfway there and it looked like I was heading into a bit of a downpour. Had my Aerostich suit on so no big deal, everything I wear this time of year has goretex.

Started dumping on me. Then hailing. My paint! Then I started riding through slush. Maybe I'm not getting that photo. Then a bit of snow. Welp, time to turn around. No photo today.

Made a gentle right and the back end whooped out on me. I think it might be the second time in four-ish years that's happened. Good thing I started riding in the dirt last year. It was almost fun, except the part where I was on a public road. And that I didn't mean to do it.

Got back home safely and it was mostly dry once I got a few miles away from the winter zone. Washington is a wacky place

Just did a 2" Rox Riser install and overall I'm happy with how it turned out but I see that the parking brake (DCT model) is now very tight when fully locked to the left. I'm not really sure how I'm going to go about fixing this issue since there's no extra slack for the cable. I wonder if I could try to find where the cable goes to and undoing it and maybe rerouting it behind the steering tube? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Just did a 2" Rox Riser install and overall I'm happy with how it turned out but I see that the parking brake (DCT model) is now very tight when fully locked to the left. I'm not really sure how I'm going to go about fixing this issue since there's no extra slack for the cable. I wonder if I could try to find where the cable goes to and undoing it and maybe rerouting it behind the steering tube? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
One possible solution involves using parts from the now discontinued Honda CTX700 model. Due to differences in the handlebars, the CTX cables are longer, but can be installed on an NC with tall enought risers. I have 3.2 inches of handlebar rise on my NC, and it has CTX clutch and throttle cables installed for their added length (around 3.5-4 inches). Now I don’t have a parking brake, nor experience with risers on a DCT, but maybe that’s something you could look into.

Again, nothing. Ice storm tonight. But we got 40” of snow in the past 35 days so none of our 2 wheel vehicles have seen the light of day this year.

One possible solution involves using parts from the now discontinued Honda CTX700 model. Due to differences in the handlebars, the CTX cables are longer, but can be installed on an NC with tall enought risers. I have 3.2 inches of handlebar rise on my NC, and it has CTX clutch and throttle cables installed for their added length (around 3.5-4 inches). Now I don’t have a parking brake, nor experience with risers on a DCT, but maybe that’s something you could look into.
That's a great idea. I think 3-4 inches extra should be fine since it's a 2" riser plus I have it tilted back a little too. What model year of the CTX did you order your cables from? Or does it not matter?

That's a great idea. I think 3-4 inches extra should be fine since it's a 2" riser plus I have it tilted back a little too. What model year of the CTX did you order your cables from? Or does it not matter?
I don’t think the model year would make any difference. i’m pretty sure all CTX model years used the same handlebars and cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back