2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I am learning that to make a quality video, the material needs to be consumable. I need to record people I meet at bars and record videos of people strumming guitars. Dogs sitting at picnic tables. And kids making a mess of their crawfish pile. Darnit!!! Riding videos are sooooooo boring.

Griff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heat shield is a good idea.

This is not mine but was on fire when I met the guy!

View attachment 46637View attachment 46638

Oops ! That happened me once years ago with an early KLR 650 and soft bags. I also had a fire. I recall a couple of empty Coke cans were part of the temporary fix until I got home. The bike above looks like a Strom unless I am mistaken ?

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride with some friends this week end.
We tried really hard to look badass. We may have failed on that point, but we had loads of fun doing it!

I now realize that on this picture, there are 3 Honda's! NC750X, CTX700 and Shadow(not sure here) Hehe!

View attachment 46645
You really do look tough. You should reshoot this as a short campfire video where people squabble over a meal of baked beans and onions and s’mores and very very light beer. Yelling back and fourth about whether it is less filling or taste great or how much gas everyone gets. You know… people looking tough and trying to cover up the butt noises with motorcycle revving.

The video should start looking tough like this and degrade into a typical biker picnic activity such as that. Men quietly smiling and revving their bikes and women doing voice overs as they make terrible faces.

I think the crew is dressed just right for a mini drama.

Last edited:

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re-glued my heated grip, which was slipping over the throttle tube. I used superglue, but I have seen other posts that there is some grip glue stuff that people swear by. If this becomes a "once a year or so" MX item I think I'm okay with that, but if this coating lasts less than a year I'm going to try something else.

31c8f777-5100-4262-98cd-c54eddc3b7c4.jpg

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What brand of hand guards do you have? I am looking for options.
Yeah, these are the Bikemaster heated grips off of Amazon: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z1KQ2M/

Bikemaster is generic/rebranded stuff, but in the case of these grips I have been very happy with them, for a fraction of the price of Oxford. Just make sure to hook them up and test them out before installing -- looks like the number one negative review is a dead on arrival heating element, which is easy as an Amazon return/replace to fix.

You can see my review here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009Z1KQ2M

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link and review. Can’t ask for much more than where to buy and is it any good.

What kinda consumer society were we before internet links? Bathroom monster thick Sears catalog? Right? Run a chord from the wall down the hall to the bathroom. Call your buddy and ask if the Atari 2600 was any good??? Run up a 3 hour phone bill.

TNHoosier

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, these are the Bikemaster heated grips off of Amazon: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z1KQ2M/

Bikemaster is generic/rebranded stuff, but in the case of these grips I have been very happy with them, for a fraction of the price of Oxford. Just make sure to hook them up and test them out before installing -- looks like the number one negative review is a dead on arrival heating element, which is easy as an Amazon return/replace to fix.

You can see my review here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009Z1KQ2M
Thanks for the info on the grips, I am more interested in the hand guards you have.

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, reading comprehension not my strong point today :)

Handguards.png

The handguards are totally generic eBay ones. They are just plastic, no metal backing. There seem to be two styles - ones with a shorter inner section and a mounting hole on the face of the handguard, and ones with a larger inner section and a mounting hole on top. A bracket mounts below the mirror, and the other end goes on the bar end. I had to 3D print custom spacers to keep them from rattling, and buy a different extra-long bolt to make them compatible with the Kaoko throttle lock. YMMV. The listing for what I bought is gone now, but this seems to be equivalent: https://www.ebay.com/itm/202911657066

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Re-glued my heated grip, which was slipping over the throttle tube. I used superglue, but I have seen other posts that there is some grip glue stuff that people swear by. If this becomes a "once a year or so" MX item I think I'm okay with that, but if this coating lasts less than a year I'm going to try something else.

View attachment 46646

Where did ya get the little thermometer?

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've yet to install this Oxford clock/thermometer on my current NC700X but this is how I did it and will do it again when I get one of those 'round two-its'.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-43-57 Amazon com Oxford Products Limited - DigiClock (OX562) Autom...png

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I attach things two ways. I bolt it on or….

glue it, strap it, tape it, screw it, industrial velcro it then curse at it.

The last part is very important for success.

When something falls off my bike, something else has to come unstuck or unravelled. Sometimes i even hear swearing said backwards right before it hits the ground.

Bulitt

Reaction score
Visit site

View attachment 46646
I use women’s hair spray

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Noticed the side stand is getting very loose in the pivot joint. Put it on the list to repair it indoors on a very hot or cold day.