• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We average about 15 inches of snow per year spread out over 4 months so it's generally tolerable, but the first year we moved into our home 29 years ago, which has a long downhill curving driveway from the street, we got 18" at once and we were trapped for 3 days, working all day every day to dig my way out. Then I bought a big snow blower which still meant a lot of walking up and down the hill, but it beat shoveling. That worked for about 10 years or so. About 5 years ago I bought a 4 WD Honda quad with a snow blade.

Now when it snows, I just ride a different kind of Honda

fAe4SFah.jpg

(still dress the same lol)

2ClhTNqh.jpg

No problem. Take a break from motorcycling and get out the snow skis. The secret to enjoying the change of seasons is to find a different activity you enjoy in each season.

No problem. Take a break from motorcycling and get out the snow skis. The secret to enjoying the change of seasons is to find a different activity you enjoy in each season.
Yup. I have great memories of snow camping, ice fishing ( which I do miss a lot actually), snowmobiles, and skiing. We had a home on the water in Wisconsin so it was out my back door. Pretty much now, if I can't do it in flip flops I'll take a pass.

The snow all melted from brief warmer temps and some icy rain followed directly behind. so i rode an astounding 10 miles today haha. Simply just to run out and ride, and then of course to attempt to snatch the new Tag and return home just as it turned from rain to light hail/ice rain. Made it just in time too!!

From this=
IMG_7802[3132].JPG

to this=

IMG_7822[3143].JPG

IMG_7823[3145].JPG

I had occasion to be in slow moving city traffic in Dublin the other day for longer than I would have liked. I was almost at walking pace on a couple of times, and the constant shifting up and down in the lowest gears brought home to me how much better the variable belt drive on my former Silverwing was for such going.

Another aspect of that journey I noticed was the traffic fumes. I last commuted around 2012/13 and I don't recall being as aware of them. It is probably due to a long absence from such traffic, but the various smells also seem to have changed. Perhaps the lean burn engines smell differently or the additives that some commercial diesel vehicles now use, also contributed.

Do you have 'winter' and 'summer' blends of fuel in Ireland? In the US we do and they have different additives which can result in different smells.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. I must find out more.

Really nice cloudy/partly sunny day today and would have been perfect for a ride but I went and visited with the Pillion today.
:{)

pil·lion​

(pĭl′yən)
n.
1. A pad or cushion for an extra rider behind the saddle on a horse or motorcycle.
2. A bicycle or motorcycle saddle.

Not today but on Saturday, and not my bike, but I did go look at a 2020 NC750XD. 1400 miles and pretty clean; though surprisingly it had some minor pitting on the forks. I also sat on the AT AS ES...very, very nice but not the right bike for me. I may make an offer on the 2020. It feels small after the VFR and that is my biggest concern (though not a deal breaker).

Nothing.

Took my Russian fencing student back to Notre Dame at lunchtime (in a car) then came back home and took my daughter to Chicago at dinner time (in a car). Spent most of the day (in a car) driving other people around. Both were home for a long Thanksgiving weekend.

It was snowing lightly in South Bend when I departed Notre Dame.

Chicago was a bit warmer and no snow, roughly 35 degrees (F).

I won't ride unless the weather is at least expected to reach 45 degree (F).

Weather has been exceptionally warm in Wisconsin the past couple days so I had the pleasure of riding to work on December 1st today!!

I also got a chance to (unexpectedly) test out my new R-Gaza crash bars. I took the "back route" to work which includes a rather fun twisty uphill, and low-sided due to cold pavement + not very warmed-up tires. Thankfully the bars worked magically well; I don't see any damage on the body, forks, or wheels at all! Just the side of the crash bar is scratched up, and my bar end and handguard cover busted off. For me, just a small rip in my pants and maybe a scuffed up glove. Left shoulder and right thumb a little sore (why right!?). Was only 5 mins late to work.

261513591_624366142336883_3970146365296129803_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back