• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather here has been warmer than usual for this time of year.
It was up to a high of 20C on Wednesday, I got out for a three hour ride thru the countryside and past Niagara Falls.
The ride gave me time in the new saddle, a Seat Concepts Low.
Very happy with the new seat, no forward slope, grippy and I didn’t have to get off the bike because of a sore butt. The seat is about 3/4” lower than the OEM seat.
I have just installed Inpreda Rear Hugger, Fender Extender, Admore lights in the Shad Top Box. I have Oxford Heated Grips and Kaoko Throttle Lock on order. I’ll post pics
Cheers

Attachments

• 78A91D20-FDF7-4623-9763-FE4B7E0C66DA.jpeg
    78A91D20-FDF7-4623-9763-FE4B7E0C66DA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
  • A7C5BFFF-9314-4CEC-9ECD-2CD276A63D03.jpeg
    A7C5BFFF-9314-4CEC-9ECD-2CD276A63D03.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 8A592071-3B99-4AD2-B200-04ACD91CCD77.jpeg
    8A592071-3B99-4AD2-B200-04ACD91CCD77.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • 1FE12608-601B-447A-B9DE-0936FFBFA445.jpeg
    1FE12608-601B-447A-B9DE-0936FFBFA445.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Installed a Madstad windscreen and handlebar GPS RAM mount today.
Completing another youtube video on the fuse block and wiring, and uploading it as we speak.
Next is the Atlas throttle lock, lowered front footpegs, and the corresponding rear brake pedal height adjustment.

Went for my first ride today. Did about 30 miles, half city streets, half state roads. Very happy with the bike overall. A few minor issues that will need correcting, like lowering footpegs, and maybe additional lights for better visibility at night.
Let me know what you figure out about lowering the pegs. That's been high on my list of wants since shortly after I got my bike

Sanded the crash bars on the right after I got home. I was side swiped as I went by a Polaris Slingshot during a group ride and went down at around 25mph. Luckily I had my leather pants on with reinforced knees, hips etc. Feeling sore all over right now. R-Gaza limited damage and was able to drive home.

Attachments

• 20_Crash Damage NC700X.jpg
    20_Crash Damage NC700X.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 29
Accidentally rode a bit under 300 miles because I forgot to actually plan a ride with a buddy and jokingly suggested we go get BBQ. Which is on the other side of the mountains.

20210313_170508~2.jpg

It's my favorite BBQ spot and it's worth helping them keep their doors open.

20210313_181149~2.jpg

Some of the old timers might recognize the strange object in my friend's hands. We didn't stop to take photos, which is kinda too bad because the mountains are especially gorgeous and awesome this time of year. Very imposing, rugged, raw. Plenty of snow on Steven's Pass, was quite chilly to ride past.

20210313_171751.jpg

I helped to keep Harley's nose bright and gave him a rub for good luck. Seems to have worked because my wife wasn't mad I didn't take her with me. Though I did bring her a plate home... might have been what actually saved me.... ;)

Temps dropped yesterday, no sun and barely got into the mid-40's(F). Today we have snow predicted all day. Tomorrow it's supposed to all melt. Supposed to be cloudy and in the mid-50's on Wednesday so there a good chance of getting out then. Temps back in the 40's on Thursday with rain!

It’s a new year, and a new thread for: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?
I took my 750 for the first short ride of the season yesterday and firmly decided that I need to change the sprocket sizes. My non DCT bike is just geared way too high. I love the bike and all that it offers except the gearing. I find first gear in a parking lot is way too high for safe maneuvering without extensive clutch slipping and at hwy speed in 6th I need to shift down to 4th to get enough power to pass a car.

I love this bike, but I'd love it more if it had 85HP instead of 54HP.

Has anyone done or contemplated this Mod? I'd love to talk with someone who has done this. And I think there's an easy way to recalibrate the speedo as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1599392374864.jpg
    IMG_1599392374864.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 7
I took my 750 for the first short ride of the season yesterday and firmly decided that I need to change the sprocket sizes. My non DCT bike is just geared way too high. I love the bike and all that it offers except the gearing. I find first gear in a parking lot is way too high for safe maneuvering without extensive clutch slipping and at hwy speed in 6th I need to shift down to 4th to get enough power to pass a car.

I love this bike, but I'd love it more if it had 85HP instead of 54HP.

Has anyone done or contemplated this Mod? I'd love to talk with someone who has done this. And I think there's an easy way to recalibrate the speedo as well.
Some people on the forum have gone the opposite way, making the gearing taller and lowering the RPM, mainly to improve efficiency. I can’t recall a person gearing lower, but I’d guess it’s done.

Correcting the speedometer is easily done with several programmable gadgets a available on the market that intercept the vehicle speed sensor signal, modify the frequency, then send it to the display. SpeedoDRD is the device I use on my other bikes.

Today I put on a center stand meant for a Honda NC700S which is lower than the X. I also put on a set of Soupy's lowering links that I bought from a member here a few months ago. Lowering it was easy. Center stand took much longer & a minor glitch I mentioned in the "Mods" section. Very happy how it turned out. Wanted to do that before putting on the SeatConcepts which would have me on my toes. After the center stand install the rear tire was on the ground, now lowered it's 1.5" off the ground. I can actually bend my knees a little with the stock seat. Hardest part of all was hooking on those springs on the center stand. Use a good ratchet strap & hook one spring on then the other. They are VERY strong. Thinking I still might take an inch off the center stand. I takes a good effort getting the bike on it. Very easy before I lowered it. Thinking I might keep a small 2" board in the frunk to put under the rear tire.

Sanded the crash bars on the right after I got home. I was side swiped as I went by a Polaris Slingshot during a group ride and went down at around 25mph. Luckily I had my leather pants on with reinforced knees, hips etc. Feeling sore all over right now. R-Gaza limited damage and was able to drive home.
Sorry that happened but glad you are okay (for the most part).

I installed SW Motech engine guards on my bike.
Great quality, good instructions, and only 1 gotcha.
The right front engine bolt is partially blocked by the combo bracket for the coolant reservoir bottle and horn.
The 2 bolts holding that bracket need to be loosened so that the combo bracket can be pushed out of the way and to access the engine bolt.
I can highly recommend the SW Motech guards.

It has been raining and cold so after my exam yesterday I started planning my first overnight trip for spring break. Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline drive; should be about 520 miles.

Сегодня наши друзья из России установили новую тормозную систему, все запчасти оригинальные Honda. Счастлив за нихIMG_20210320_231604_034.jpgIMG_20210320_164924.jpg

Swans are migrating. This is a small part of what I estimated to be 1000 birds or more. CF982100-DEB5-4A4A-88A9-35529DCD11A7.jpeg

Perfect riding conditions this past weekend and what did I do....lay in bed with flu-like symptoms on steroids....than 2nd phizer covid shot put me down for 3 days...that sucked...better today though...going to be 70+ today...may go for a spin this evening...

temps in the low 60's yesterday so finally got the bike out for about an hour or so. Have generally avoided riding since last Fall since local hospitals have been pretty packed with Covid and I didn't feel like taking the risk that this would be the time of a serious crash and trip to said hospitals. The bike's been on an Optimate tender over the winter months, and had fuel stabilizer in the tank. Fired up fine, idled just a touch rough for a few minutes then purred like a kitten. Good ride with no issues ... other than my damned Uclear gave up the ghost -- again. I'm done futzing with it (have replaced the battery twice) - it's about 4.5 years old at this point, so not too bad, but it's always been troublesome pairing with my riding buddies (on the same model Uclears). Looking at the Cardo Packtalk Bold - if I can convince my 2 riding buddies to do likewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back