• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect riding conditions this past weekend and what did I do....lay in bed with flu-like symptoms on steroids....than 2nd phizer covid shot put me down for 3 days...that sucked...better today though...going to be 70+ today...may go for a spin this evening...
Wife & I both got the Moderna, 2nd jab was about month ago. 1st jab = sore shoulder. 2nd = about 30 minutes of chills in the middle of the night, wife had 0 side effect. Now we are bulletproof? A few relatives & friends got the Pfizer, some reported "flu like symptoms + fatigue" after the 2nd jab.

. . . Looking at the Cardo Packtalk Bold - if I can convince my 2 riding buddies to do likewise.
My wife and I have them installed. Actually we have the slim version. Electronics are the same. Honestly love it. You don't have to open the smartphone app to listen to your music playlist, listen to its FM radio (I don't because I'm a bit too rural to get my favorite Chicago station), to talk to your companion(s) or use the phone to make/take calls. I'll admit I've have taken exactly 1 phone call in 2+ years of riding with it, and I've made 0 calls using it. It's possible, I just pretty much refuse to do it.

On a trip having the ability to talk to another rider is awesome. Especially if riding into unfamiliar areas and 1 person has the navigation.

There are ways to share music, connect to strangers, etc. Never bothered with those.

Were the fork seals leaking, did you put in a different kind, or other reason for replacement?
They were leaking. The bike sat for a very long time, it only had 159 miles on it in eight years. After I started riding, it didn't take long for them to leak. After about 2500 miles they were weeping. I fully expected it, having sat for so long. I just replaced the fork seals and dust wipers and replaced the oil. I used the All Balls kit #56-132, fits a bunch of different bikes and it was cheap and fit perfectly. Easy repair. The Owner's Manual had all the info I need too.

Track NC got a new Michelin Power Cup Evo track tire on the rear. Hope the Pirelli TD front makes it through the next track day, already has 3 days on it. Got a new Power Cup Evo on deck for when it wears out though. Heading to Barber next Monday 3/29, hoping for fine weather!

20210321_140852.jpg

20210321_140826.jpg

20210321_133937.jpg

The street NC got a new Dunlop Q3 rear since I ran over a nail and ruined the Michelin Road 5 that was on it. It was nearing the end of its life anyways. Had the Dunlop Q3 already in the shop, graduated from those to stickier tires on the track, so figured I might as well run it on the street NC. Probably do good to get 3500-4000 miles out of it. Sure will grip good tho! Lol.

20210321_130940.jpg

20210321_130904.jpg

The Nomad also got some new shoes as well. Still had oem that came on it in 2007! I bought this bike last month to replace the other one I crashed back in December when that old lady ran me off the road. It's identical to my old one except for being one year newer and only had 4,700 original miles on it! My old one had 32,500 miles. And I gave $5k for it which is what Allstate paid me for mine, so I came out good on that deal!

Lot of work changing all those tires this weekend!

20210321_131032.jpg

20210319_163752.jpg

Tires shipped with a dime under each label....never seen that before.

20210319_154842.jpg

Twice in the last week I got to ride with a new Warm and Safe waterproof Generation heated jacket with remote dual heat controller. A friend went to work for them so I got a nice discount and was able to justify adding this kit to my 15 year old Gerbings heated jacket that still works well. I've had to repair and rewire the Gerbings several times and I just didn't trust it fully on long rides anymore. I didn't really want the W & S wireless remote controller as I've had a wired one that I clip onto whatever outer jacket or suit I was wearing but my friend talked me into it. On one bike I clip it to the tank bag and the other one has a handy spot on the left handlebar to clip the remote onto. I do like the versatility of the wireless remote.

Twice in the last week I got to ride with a new Warm and Safe waterproof Generation heated jacket with remote dual heat controller. A friend went to work for them so I got a nice discount and was able to justify adding this kit to my 15 year old Gerbings heated jacket that still works well. I've had to repair and rewire the Gerbings several times and I just didn't trust it fully on long rides anymore. I didn't really want the W & S wireless remote controller as I've had a wired one that I clip onto whatever outer jacket or suit I was wearing but my friend talked me into it. On one bike I clip it to the tank bag and the other one has a handy spot on the left handlebar to clip the remote onto. I do like the versatility of the wireless remote.
Bonus!

Track NC got a new Michelin Power Cup Evo track tire on the rear. Hope the Pirelli TD front makes it through the next track day, already has 3 days on it. Got a new Power Cup Evo on deck for when it wears out though. Heading to Barber next Monday 3/29, hoping for fine weather!

View attachment 44309

View attachment 44310

View attachment 44311

The street NC got a new Dunlop Q3 rear since I ran over a nail and ruined the Michelin Road 5 that was on it. It was nearing the end of its life anyways. Had the Dunlop Q3 already in the shop, graduated from those to stickier tires on the track, so figured I might as well run it on the street NC. Probably do good to get 3500-4000 miles out of it. Sure will grip good tho! Lol.

View attachment 44312

View attachment 44313

The Nomad also got some new shoes as well. Still had oem that came on it in 2007! I bought this bike last month to replace the other one I crashed back in December when that old lady ran me off the road. It's identical to my old one except for being one year newer and only had 4,700 original miles on it! My old one had 32,500 miles. And I gave $5k for it which is what Allstate paid me for mine, so I came out good on that deal!

Lot of work changing all those tires this weekend!

View attachment 44314

View attachment 44315

Tires shipped with a dime under each label....never seen that before.

View attachment 44316
You can turn on a dime

Almost finished installing my Seat Concepts. It's on & ready to ride but I plan on doing it over in July when it's 100+ degrees & the cover is hot enough to stretch in the sun. Right now it's got more wrinkles than a Shar Pei dog so I won't take pics yet. When cold the seat cover is a little too small to fit the seat. Slightly larger would be MUCH easier. I fought it for an hour & finally accepted the wrinkles. Will ride tomorrow. Something I learned about staplers; the manual & electric stapler I have are too weak. Staples barely go in & fall out. Got a pneumatic stapler & it worked great. Cheapest one I found locally was an Arrow PT50. Update: Had time for a 2 hour ride today before chores & my butt didn't hurt. My junk didn't go numb either because I wasn't squashed against the tank. Glad I got it.

Last edited:
There are a few posts about wrinkles in the Seat Concepts installation. After reading them I opted to take it to a Marine Auto upholstery place. He charged me $65 and here is the result.
really happy with the outcome and the seat is far superior to the OEM.

Attachments

• 5D27C346-19BD-4DFC-B5E2-A70A0BE8DEC0.jpeg
    5D27C346-19BD-4DFC-B5E2-A70A0BE8DEC0.jpeg
    938.2 KB · Views: 16
Did my first group ride today. 140 miles or so. Nice leisurely pace and an ok lunch. Funny thing is that I was the only non-cruiser in the group, all HD except one goldwing. On the upside I was able to easily keep up. They were all much better riders, but were limited by their bikes lean angle. Was a lot of fun

Yesterday I started my ride in to work on a crisp clear morning and when I got on the highway on ramp it started pouring. So I found out my jacket is very waterproof, but I need to put some Rain-X on my helmet. I then drove home while there was a tornado touching down about 20mi away (unbeknownst to me). I learned that I need a better weather app on my phone. Finally this morning I had to go pick my bike up because the wind threw it into my driveway. I learned that I should not put the cover on when it is very windy or just suck it up and switch my bike with my car in the garage.
Its been a very educational couple of days.

Last Saturday ride in the most mountainous and sparsely populated area of Greece

Mount Pinakakia 1560m

View attachment 44285

View attachment 44286

Yes, I went through that!

View attachment 44287

View attachment 44288

View attachment 44289

View attachment 44290

fell into a deeper puddle than I thoughto_O

View attachment 44291

Ride safe!
Hey Billy84000. Thanks for the photos they are awesome. Just wondering how that wind deflector on top of your windscreen works for you? I have just ordered the same setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back