• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the model year would make any difference. i’m pretty sure all CTX model years used the same handlebars and cables.
Ok I will order one tonight. BTW how were you able to get 3.2 inches of rise to your NC? Were the electrical cables an issue at all?

Last edited:
The 3.2 inch rise comes from stacking a fixed 1.2 inch riser and an adjustable 2 inch Rox riser. Due to the angles, the actual rise might be about 3.1 inches. Yes, the electrical cable length was a problem, so I extended them. See this thread: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/adding-bar-rise-beyond-2.16356/
Ah I see, very cool.

I just came back from a 4 hour ride and I must say, the 2" risers did help but I could honestly use a bit more. I don't know why but I like being suuuuper upright on my bikes with a nice bend in the elbows. Now I see that Rox sells a 3.5" riser (3.5" riser 7/8 bars). I think if I can get my hands on the parking brake cable and throttle cables from the CTX700, I should be able to ditch the 2" riser and go for the 3.5". I don't know if mine is different because it's a DCT but the electrical cables have tons of slack and seems like it can take another 1.5". And I already have the brake line routed to the inside of the triple tree so I think another 1.5" shouldn't be a problem there.

Ah I see, very cool.

I just came back from a 4 hour ride and I must say, the 2" risers did help but I could honestly use a bit more. I don't know why but I like being suuuuper upright on my bikes with a nice bend in the elbows. Now I see that Rox sells a 3.5" riser (3.5" riser 7/8 bars). I think if I can get my hands on the parking brake cable and throttle cables from the CTX700, I should be able to ditch the 2" riser and go for the 3.5". I don't know if mine is different because it's a DCT but the electrical cables have tons of slack and seems like it can take another 1.5". And I already have the brake line routed to the inside of the triple tree so I think another 1.5" shouldn't be a problem there.
The DCT switchgear is different and the harnesses contain more wires. If Honda provided added wiring length over the manual version, that’s a bonus. Also, I have a longer custom built brake line installed on mine as I don’t like changing the routing on cables and hoses.

Yes, on my NC I would be even happier with 4” rise. My Goldwing 1800, CRF250L, and Ruckus have perfect stock handlebar positions. Not so on my NC.

Last edited:
Looked at it... Needs seats, front tire, battery is most likely shot from sitting. Knees went south and haven't ridden in about 2 years.

i took my son for a ride over to Starbucks where i met another NC rider and bought his 2012 NC 700X for my son. Then we rode home and spent the afternoon and evning doing maintence checks on his new to him bike. In 3 weeks we will be riding both NCs in Big Bend National Park. That’s living large.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
After the Wirth springs didn't fit, they were returned and I was refunded and the search for new springs continued. I bagged a pair of k-tech 9.0 springs on eBay. I made up some spacers and fitted them and hoped it'd be alright using shorter springs? Initial impressions is ideally, the damping still needs sorting, but i'm not bottoming these out over the familiar bumps on my commute and I'm quite impressed with how they've changed the ride. Not sure I really need to fit fork valves as the bike is only really used for commuting, so i'll just keep it as is for now...

They way things have been going here I kind of feel like this thread should be renamed "REPORT YOUR SNOW DEPTH" but our weather, the last few days has begun to warm.

The piles of snow are mostly melted, the lawn is visible again. There is still plenty of snow in the woods surrounding my home and the drifts, previously 3' deep are now down to a few inches. The fields below my ridge can't drain into the river along the back of my property fast enough and the melted snow has turned them into large shallow ponds. It appears that we have entered "mud season" in northern Indiana.

Heavy snows are still possible in March and its not uncommon here with the "lake effect" off the tip of Lake Michigan, but tomorrow the temperature may flirt with 50(F) degrees so I'm thinking its riding weather.

They way things have been going here I kind of feel like this thread should be renamed "REPORT YOUR SNOW DEPTH" but our weather, the last few days has begun to warm.

The piles of snow are mostly melted, the lawn is visible again. There is still plenty of snow in the woods surrounding my home and the drifts, previously 3' deep are now down to a few inches. The fields below my ridge can't drain into the river along the back of my property fast enough and the melted snow has turned them into large shallow ponds. It appears that we have entered "mud season" in northern Indiana.

Heavy snows are still possible in March and its not uncommon here with the "lake effect" off the tip of Lake Michigan, but tomorrow the temperature may flirt with 50(F) degrees so I'm thinking its riding weather.
Down here in southern Indiana, all the snow has melted off...We are dealing with flooding...we got 4"-6" of rain this past Sunday; ground was already saturated from the snow melt and couldnt absorb anymore water...I have a 2 acre pond and the pond was overflowing its dam; the 24" overflow pipe couldnt keep up (property surrounded by 200'-600' hills and tons of water filled the pond)....I did go out and look at my bikes on Sunday...opened up both the people door and the garage door to get some air moving thru the garage...all the snow/rain and 60 F temps on Sunday, things were getting condensation in the garage.

Last week I took the bike out for an overnight trip to Lake Kawaguchiko. It's not so far west of Yokohama, but I took the long way around. Gorgeous, unseasonably warm weather for this time of year (20°C/68°F).

There was frost on the bike in the morning—uh oh—but it warmed up quickly. Hopefully I'll be able to start camping within a month or so. A lot of the campgrounds here are still closed for the season.

Sorry for all the pictures of Mt. Fuji. It's just what you do here :oops:. When in Rome . . . .

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 12
  • free parking.jpg
    free parking.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 12
  • fuji from window 01.jpg
    fuji from window 01.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 12
  • fuji viewpoint.jpg
    fuji viewpoint.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 13
  • parking view.jpg
    parking view.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 13
  • swans-waiting.jpg
    swans-waiting.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 13
Last week I took the bike out for an overnight trip to Lake Kawaguchiko. It's not so far west of Yokohama, but I took the long way around. Gorgeous, unseasonably warm weather for this time of year (20°C/68°F).

There was frost on the bike in the morning—uh oh—but it warmed up quickly. Hopefully I'll be able to start camping within a month or so. A lot of the campgrounds here are still closed for the season.

Sorry for all the pictures of Mt. Fuji. It's just what you do here :oops:. When in Rome . . . .
Those are beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting!

Really nice shots of Mt. Fuji.

Took mine for a quick 40km lash down the local (dry) motorway to keep it happy. Otherwise it is back in hibernation while the covid regulations and winter weather prevail. In the interim my trusty 250 keeps me happy.

Supposed to approach 50 degrees (F) here today. Roads are clear. Temps will then drop into the 30's again this evening. We have a mid-day meeting with our social worker regarding our foster son, just routine, but it is scheduled for 1pm and that would be a perfect time to ride. If all goes well here then I'm hoping to get out late morning on the bike and be home in time for the meeting.

I put a set of ROX 2" risers on the handlebars, put a 2 Brothers exhaust on, then changed out the rubber for the season with a nice set of Pirelli Scorpion trail tires, adjusted the valve clearance, changed the antifreeze & oil, new K&N air filter, and put new front and rear brakes on. Also put a rack on the back with a small GIVI top case. She's all ready to go!

I put a set of ROX 2" risers on the handlebars, put a 2 Brothers exhaust on, then changed out the rubber for the season with a nice set of Pirelli Scorpion trail tires, adjusted the valve clearance, changed the antifreeze & oil, new K&N air filter, and put new front and rear brakes on. Also put a rack on the back with a small GIVI top case. She's all ready to go!
Sounds like you did a lot of maintenance! How many miles does the bike have on it? I’m curious because I don’t expect to need to replace original brake pads until around or beyond 60,000 miles.

Last Saturday i went for a ride(700km) in Central Greece.It is a mountainous area with beautiful landscapes.I had some problems due to ice and snow on the road but i managed to get over them being very soft on throttle.In some places in order to avoid the ice I drove in fresh snow.The knobby tyre at the back played a key role there.The route on video beggins on a momunent to the fallen ones to a village named Gardiki.This beech forest is the southernmost in Europe.Enjoy!

I went to get my M class endorsement added to my license (6 months after taking the course) and then sat in traffic and froze.

Everyone's journey is different, but we should all have the same destination: get home safely. Ride safe, ride smart, and soon you'll be loving every mile. Then, years from now, you'll have a fun story to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back