• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you did a lot of maintenance! How many miles does the bike have on it? I’m curious because I don’t expect to need to replace original brake pads until around or beyond 60,000 miles.
I have about 20k miles on it. My back brakes were fine and could have waited to have had them replaced but my front brakes were almost done. I tend to use my front brake a lot more than the back....and it showed through the wear. With how cheap they are and since the bike was apart, I did both.

The real one is in winter storage but I've got this toy NC 750 in the kitchen.

First time I've seen an NC (scale model or toy) so I ordered it, however I would have really liked an X styled model.
I find them interesting to look at but somehow, the toy motorcycles seem incomplete without a rider.

Fortunately as I walked through a dollar store recently I spotted cat-woman here and guessed she would be a fit.

I think it works...

Attachments

• 2021-03-04_20-39-05_047.jpg
    2021-03-04_20-39-05_047.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
Well, I've been busy over the winter adding all kinds of farkles. Engine guards from SW Motech, light mounting bar from Denali with LED driving lights, radiator guard, Crampbuster throttle aid and Zeta handlebar risers. I'm now going to change out the leaking front fork seals. Seat mods are next, not exactly sure what I'm gonna do there but I will figure it out. Tires are on the list as well. Winter here in New Hampshire is long and cold but we are coming up on some warmer weather next week so I'm dying to get on the road and try out my upgrades.

If anyone has some suggestions for road pegs to add to my engine guards that won't break the bank, I would be willing to listen. Thanks!

Well, I've been busy over the winter adding all kinds of farkles. Engine guards from SW Motech, light mounting bar from Denali with LED driving lights, radiator guard, Crampbuster throttle aid and Zeta handlebar risers. I'm now going to change out the leaking front fork seals. Seat mods are next, not exactly sure what I'm gonna do there but I will figure it out. Tires are on the list as well. Winter here in New Hampshire is long and cold but we are coming up on some warmer weather next week so I'm dying to get on the road and try out my upgrades.

If anyone has some suggestions for road pegs to add to my engine guards that won't break the bank, I would be willing to listen. Thanks!
Take a look at the LAAM Seats. That one looks great.

I switched to a Corbin and thousands of happy butt miles later I'm pretty happy with it but I'll admit my cheeks would like to the the LAAM Seat, it might be better. If you want the ultimate in comfort then the Russell Day Long is the way to go. My wife has one on her NC and it lives up to its name.

Take a look at the LAAM Seats. That one looks great.

I switched to a Corbin and thousands of happy butt miles later I'm pretty happy with it but I'll admit my cheeks would like to the the LAAM Seat, it might be better. If you want the ultimate in comfort then the Russell Day Long is the way to go. My wife has one on her NC and it lives up to its name.
I'm just having a hard time with shelling out $400-600 bucks for a seat. I've had Corbins on both my previous BMW's but I didn't pay for them, they came with the bikes! Sargent seats are $360 and look pretty decent. The Seat Concepts version looks very enticing and I have no problem re-covering it myself and for $180 I think it's a pretty decent deal. I'm not riding for days at a time, just the commute time and the occasional day trip. Anything will be better than the stock seat! I'm gonna have to think about this one some more. Thanks for your input.

I'm just having a hard time with shelling out $400-600 bucks for a seat. I've had Corbins on both my previous BMW's but I didn't pay for them, they came with the bikes! Sargent seats are $360 and look pretty decent. The Seat Concepts version looks very enticing and I have no problem re-covering it myself and for $180 I think it's a pretty decent deal. I'm not riding for days at a time, just the commute time and the occasional day trip. Anything will be better than the stock seat! I'm gonna have to think about this one some more. Thanks for your input.
The seat discussion goes on and on. I went through 5 different aftermarket seats until I settled on the Seat Concepts (seat #6, second try) with custom foam density and reshaping done by me. All the seats I tried didn't work but they taught what I did need. Turns out the SC would have been the cheapest and best option in the beginning but trying all the other seats confirmed that it was the right choice.

Last edited:
The seat discussion goes on and on. I went through 5 different aftermarket seats until I settled on the Seat Concepts (seat #6, second try) with custom foam density and reshaping done by me. All the seats I tried didn't work but they taught what I did need. Turns out the SC would have been the cheapest option in the beginning but trying all the other seats confirmed that it was the right choice.
Yes, seats are so subjective. I've had stock seats, Sargent, Corbin, Rocky Mayer, Russell Day Long and ridden a minimum of 700 miles a day on all of them and 1500+ on more than one. Even the NC seat was OK for me for 25,000 miles. Sitting on a seat for a long time is more the rider than the seat. I know riders that can't do 250 miles no matter what seat they buy and riders that claim one or the other is the BEST SEAT OF ALL TIME and they've never ridden anything but that one, usually the most expensive.

Last edited:
Installed Denali LED DRL's on my bike.
I've almost finished the electricals and fuse block.
The wiring looks like a rat's nest right now with the side panels off, but I'll tuck and zip tie it once I put the battery back in and make sure everything works like it's supposed to (DRL's, GPS, pigtail for my heated vest, pigtail for the battery maintainer, and a USB power port).
All are wired from the fuse block.

Last edited:
Installed the TRex Racing luggage rack with the Givi mount and E450 top case. Everything went well there. Installed the left side SW Motech handguard and Grip Puppy. Figuring out how to get the internal bar weight out was fun. Got too cold to do any more. Hopefully next weekend is nicer, and I'll be able to start on the fuse block, and all the electrics.

Had a nice ride today with temps in the mid-60’s to lo 70’s – the long way ‘round to the grocery store, hence the large H&B Gobi panniers – about a 60 mile loop which included some cool rocky outcrops

P3070648.jpg

and some very nice twisties.

Az89twisties.jpg

Over about 6.5 straight-line miles between Wilhoit and Prescott, Arizona, AZ89 has an elevation change of over 1000 ft and 35-40 curves or more, depending on how you count. It may not be the “Tail of the Dragon” but it’ll suffice for local day ride!

Had a nice ride today with temps in the mid-60’s to lo 70’s – the long way ‘round to the grocery store, hence the large H&B Gobi panniers – about a 60 mile loop which included some cool rocky outcrops

View attachment 44200

and some very nice twisties.

View attachment 44201

Over about 6.5 straight-line miles between Wilhoit and Prescott, Arizona, AZ89 has an elevation change of over 1000 ft and 35-40 curves or more, depending on how you count. It may not be the “Tail of the Dragon” but it’ll suffice for local day ride!
Love the H&B Gobi side cases. They take a beating and don’t deform.

Love the H&B Gobi side cases. They take a beating and don’t deform.
Yeah, they really impressed me - a quality piece of kit. Even better, I got mine second hand, so less expensive. But best of all, they've a "KTM" molded into the side & I reckon that helps me when I ride off-pavement, kinda like Dumbo's feather!

Yeah, they really impressed me - a quality piece of kit. Even better, I got mine second hand, so less expensive. But best of all, they've a "KTM" molded into the side & I reckon that helps me when I ride off-pavement, kinda like Dumbo's feather!
I got mine shipped over from Germany at a huge discount, but no KTM logo in mine. A bit of Duplicolor spray paint to match my bike too

Screen_Shot_2020-04-27_at_5.03.02_PM.png

I started and drove my NC for the first time today.
No surprises, just a gawd-awful smell of coatings burning off the exhaust system and muffler.
To sum it up in 4 words; I love this bike!
The DCT is a game changer.
I intended to just ride it around my neighbourhood for a few km.
The weather was really mild, a record 14C, and most streets were dry, and reasonably clean.
I ended up going out of the city and on a 30km ride.
I had it up to 110km/hr on the highway.
Lots of power and lots of wind noise, but my Madstad will get rid of most of the noise.
I can't wait for the next outing, but the weather is getting wet and colder for at least the next 10 days.
Our riding season doesn't normally start until the first week of April.

IMG_8352.jpeg
With the weather hitting 60° F in Wisconsin today, went out for my third ride of 2021! Our season may be open for an early start this year.

Also did my spring oil change, two months earlier than normal! I usually do it in May, but I was feeling motivated today!

Left the house after lunch and rode to the buffalo sanctuary to say hi to them. They missed me. Wound around a couple other counties, basically just turning at corners that looked interesting. Arrived home just as the sun was setting on the horizon. Somewhere in the middle of that ride I stopped for gas. Probably about 100 miles on 2 lane country roads. Head clearing and no mask wearing. It was good to get out without having to go anywhere and do anything.

Last saturday i did a very nice ride with on and off road plus hiking.

Ιn the background you see a monastery.I am at an altitude of 1100 meters

2.JPG

Hiking to a mountain top at 1526m

23.JPG

In the lower right there is an abandoned settlement due to landslides

27.JPG

Old monastery in the rock at 1100m

34.JPG

Another mountain top at 1248m accessible through a dirt road

39.JPG

Some videos

Ride safe!

I commuted into school wrapped up for the 40s weather and then took the really long way through the country side on the trip back home with my cold gear stuffed in the frunk.

Went for a 3 state loop ride yesterday. Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska. North on Colorado 392 out of Greeley to I-80. Twenty miles east on I-80 then onto US 30 at Pine Bluffs WY, into Nebraska to Kimball. Lunch there then south on WY 71 which became CO 71 to CO 14, then east on CO 14 to CO 392 and back to Greeley and home from there. A long enough ride to cause me to really look forward to my Russell Sport Saddle arriving at the end of the month.
The temperature got into the 60s and now we are supposed to get a big winter snow storm this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back