• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to mail a package, stop at an ATM and also pick up lunch. There are 4 towns nearby, went north to the farthest one away for the ATM, then came back south to the next town to hit the post office. Then all the way to the far side of the lake, past a dozen closer restaurants, drive-ins and chain eateries to a little walk up burger & ice cream stand for the lunch. South from there thru rural county land before heading back home to deliver the lunch. A longer ride would have suited me just fine but they were beginning to worry about me for being gone so long for just a few quick errands. Clearly if I’d have taken a car I’d have been back 30 minutes sooner and covered far fewer miles ... so I made the right choice by taking the bike!

I just crossed the 600 mile mark. After breakfast I did an oil change, chain clean and adjustment. Followed that up with my hour commute into work. Perfect weather right now.

Motorcycles still work in the rain.

I’d rather ride in rain than in sun with summer’s high heat.
We have spring weather, not summer heat and humidity.

I ride in rain, but today/tomorrow is heavy thunderstorms. Generally I seek cover in thunderstorms.

I'll be traveling tomorrow afternoon, Saturday & Sunday, home gain early Monday and hopefully riding again then.

I bought some Breakaway Mirrors and installed them today and removed my handguards. If I could find some handguards that wouldn't hit my Madstad that would be awesome. I tried swapping the Madstad out for the Vstream to see if I could make that work. The Vstream does not make contact, but the turbulence/buffeting was so bad I was nauseated from the beating my head took even with a clip on spoiler on the top of it. So I put the Madstad back on and just been dealing with the fact the handguards hit the windshield even with it all the way down and all the way forward which gives the handguards the most clearance with the windshield. I already have the Roxx risers, but that didn't fix the contact problem. When the Breakway mirrors arrived and I installed them I decided that was the end of those handguards. They are the Givi handguards. I had to order replacement screws for the bar ends as it appears the screw I have came with the Givi handguards and are too long. So I ordered some replacement screws today and decided I want the Breakaway extensions so I ordered those. I am trying to get the bikes road ready so I can take them down for a state safety inspection. I recently moved here and they require inspections for all the vehicles and of course pay the taxes and fees so I will be slow walking getting stuff inspected and plated due to the cost and time constraints. Hopefully I will have the bikes on the road here in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Put new tires on. Took me about 4 hours. First time ive done it myself. Road 5s. It costs about $180 to have them mounted around here plus the wait time is all day. Nearest shop is 35 minutes away from home as well and last time they scratched my rims up pretty badly. All told I'll do it again.

Now for a test ride. Summer road trips coming soon.

Attachments

• 20210410_175014.jpg
    20210410_175014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Loaded her up in my toy hauler so I can spend a few days and nights in the National Forest about 4 hours away. Why not just ride the bike there? Well, I would if I could carry 4 or 5 days worth of refrigerated food and 200+ pounds of firewood on the NC.F3796AE6-0106-4EA2-8DA4-758153F40005.jpeg

Loaded her up in my toy hauler so I can spend a few days and nights in the National Forest about 4 hours away. Why not just ride the bike there? Well, I would if I could carry 4 or 5 days worth of refrigerated food and 200+ pounds of firewood on the NC.View attachment 44443
Love the colors. Custom wrap/paint job or did i miss this color one year?

Love the colors. Custom wrap/paint job or did i miss this color one year?
Custom paint color. Didn't like the original grey. Had it painted Sunburst Orange for awhile. Now it's green and it matches our car.

IMG_1378.JPG

Last edited:
Love that color....In my younger years (1978), I had a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport (like a Plymouth Duster) in that color with Starsky and Hutch racing strips....Looked fast but it only had a 225 slant 6 in it.... Is that a Ford Fiesta?
Yes. Ford Fiesta with automatic DCT. This DCT has been a troublesome transmission for Ford, but ours has worked well.

Yes. Ford Fiesta with automatic DCT. This DCT has been a troublesome transmission for Ford, but ours has worked well.
Yea, I read where drivers were complaining the dct was clucking, noisy, etc...isnt it actually a CVT (I thought it was, my memory isnt what it used to be)....amazing how side profiles of small cars are similiar....side profile of your Fiesta is almost identical to the side profile of my Prius C (I call it the mini-Prius, because it is smaller than the normal Prius)...I knew it was a Prius C due to I dont have those black air vents in front of the front wheels...to keep on track with Honda NC700....I have a new battery on order for my Honda NC700x....the current battery wont maintain a charge for over 2 days unless I keep it on the battery maintainer....1 day and it is good, 2 days, nope...Only 2 year old battery, and I keep it on a battery maintainer during the winter...keep it in my unheated garage/shed during the winter, but....batteries are batteries...

Yea, I read where drivers were complaining the dct was clucking, noisy, etc...isnt it actually a CVT (I thought it was, my memory isnt what it used to be)....amazing how side profiles of small cars are similiar....side profile of your Fiesta is almost identical to the side profile of my Prius C (I call it the mini-Prius, because it is smaller than the normal Prius)...I knew it was a Prius C due to I dont have those black air vents in front of the front wheels...to keep on track with Honda NC700....I have a new battery on order for my Honda NC700x....the current battery wont maintain a charge for over 2 days unless I keep it on the battery maintainer....1 day and it is good, 2 days, nope...Only 2 year old battery, and I keep it on a battery maintainer during the winter...keep it in my unheated garage/shed during the winter, but....batteries are batteries...
Our Fiesta is definitely DCT. I bought the DCT for the reason that it can be flat towed behind a motorhome indefinitely. It behaves in that regard like a manual gearbox.

That’s too bad about your short lived NC700X battery. What brand is the battery?

Our Fiesta is definitely DCT. I bought the DCT for the reason that it can be flat towed behind a motorhome indefinitely. It behaves in that regard like a manual gearbox.

That’s too bad about your short lived NC700X battery. What brand is the battery?
I will have to go look at it...Bought it from my local mom/pop shop (they have a camp down the hill from my house-like to give them business).....got a volt meter around here somewhere, going to go do some testing on the battery this afternoon after work...just to see maybe if my separate LED lights are vampiring some electricity (I have a separate toggle switch for those but the toggle switch maybe going bad)....maybe I need a new toggle switch or take the bike to mom/pop shop and let them wire the lights into the bright light of the headlight (I hate working with electricity and tapping into wiring)....I have the current toggle switch connected to a fuse block (which is connected to the fuse block)...may just disconnect the fuse block for a couple of days and see how the battery does....

Edit: current battery is a Bike Master....the battery brand the local mom/shop carries...new one on order is a power sport brand....going to try it when it gets delivered in the next couple of days...local post office already has it but usps is terrible now a days...probably keep it at the post office until Wednesday (the day it is scheduled to be delivered)....unless the carrier has it in her jeep and she didnt update the tracking this morning (it has happened before)....

Edit 2...yep, current Bike Master battery is going bad....13.1 fully charged, turned ignition on, dropped to less than 12, hit starter button and it slowly dragged but did start (dropped to 11)...new battery got delivered today...putting it in bike this evening...see how it goes....need to get me a new volt meter though...the wife's old one is a pita to work with....she is an hvac engineer with an electrician license (but she doesnt do electricity,,,only keeps the license up for her resume)....

Last edited:
I bought some Breakaway Mirrors and installed them today and removed my handguards. If I could find some handguards that wouldn't hit my Madstad that would be awesome. I tried swapping the Madstad out for the Vstream to see if I could make that work. The Vstream does not make contact, but the turbulence/buffeting was so bad I was nauseated from the beating my head took even with a clip on spoiler on the top of it. So I put the Madstad back on and just been dealing with the fact the handguards hit the windshield even with it all the way down and all the way forward which gives the handguards the most clearance with the windshield. I already have the Roxx risers, but that didn't fix the contact problem. When the Breakway mirrors arrived and I installed them I decided that was the end of those handguards. They are the Givi handguards. I had to order replacement screws for the bar ends as it appears the screw I have came with the Givi handguards and are too long. So I ordered some replacement screws today and decided I want the Breakaway extensions so I ordered those. I am trying to get the bikes road ready so I can take them down for a state safety inspection. I recently moved here and they require inspections for all the vehicles and of course pay the taxes and fees so I will be slow walking getting stuff inspected and plated due to the cost and time constraints. Hopefully I will have the bikes on the road here in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
I have a couple Madstads but no hand guards. I've looked at adding them. Figured that the easiest way to use a Madstad with hand guards would be to pull out a belt sander, sand off about 1/2" off the lower side portion of the screen on each side. Just a little bit at a time on each side until the hand guards clear the windscreen at lock. With a fine grit sandpaper for a finish it should look close to the factory finish, but a little acetone rubbed along the edge would probably give it a more finished look.

Lots of folks here on the forum say they were able to get the Madstad to work with the up and back risers. That did not work for me so I don't know what the malfunction is. I can't go full lock without hitting. I think you are right I probably need to find someone who can trim that windshield cutouts so that It doesn't hit. Otherwise I am happy with the Madstad. I was hoping the Vstream would work out as others have reported that worked for them once they added the spoiler/lip at the top. But that really made things bad. I think a lot of the turbulence buffeting all depends on length of torso, how close you sit up next to the frunk and things like that as to the experiences we all have with air management. My replacement bolts for the bar ends arrived today so I will go out and fix that today.

I will have to go look at it...Bought it from my local mom/pop shop (they have a camp down the hill from my house-like to give them business).....got a volt meter around here somewhere, going to go do some testing on the battery this afternoon after work...just to see maybe if my separate LED lights are vampiring some electricity (I have a separate toggle switch for those but the toggle switch maybe going bad)....maybe I need a new toggle switch or take the bike to mom/pop shop and let them wire the lights into the bright light of the headlight (I hate working with electricity and tapping into wiring)....I have the current toggle switch connected to a fuse block (which is connected to the fuse block)...may just disconnect the fuse block for a couple of days and see how the battery does....

Edit: current battery is a Bike Master....the battery brand the local mom/shop carries...new one on order is a power sport brand....going to try it when it gets delivered in the next couple of days...local post office already has it but usps is terrible now a days...probably keep it at the post office until Wednesday (the day it is scheduled to be delivered)....unless the carrier has it in her jeep and she didnt update the tracking this morning (it has happened before)....

Edit 2...yep, current Bike Master battery is going bad....13.1 fully charged, turned ignition on, dropped to less than 12, hit starter button and it slowly dragged but did start (dropped to 11)...new battery got delivered today...putting it in bike this evening...see how it goes....need to get me a new volt meter though...the wife's old one is a pita to work with....she is an hvac engineer with an electrician license (but she doesnt do electricity,,,only keeps the license up for her resume)....
I've consistently gotten around 8 years life from Yuasa/Motocross brand batteries, so I'm staying with them.

Bought the wife a used Honda scooter that the previous owner had put a BikeMaster battery in (same size battery as in the NC). Early on in our ownership the battery just fell flat after stopping for lunch on a ride one day. Wouldn't even start the scooter. Junk. Never again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back