• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my bike out after a week of not riding. Since it had been a while I checked my tire pressure. Steady 36 up front. About 11 in back :eek:

Got a good workout using a bicycle pump. Found a small slice, maybe 1.5mm long. Debated whether or not to try and glue it together...

Tire prices have increased by about $20 for both the front and rear since I bought my last set of Michelin Road 5s in 2019.

I checked my tire pressure. Steady 36 up front. About 11 in back :eek:

Found a small slice, maybe 1.5mm long. Debated whether or not to try and glue it together...
ProTip:
“JBWeld” for sliced tires :rolleyes:

Note to moderators... we need more emoji options so future readers of this post realize that is is not a serious suggestion

Took my bike out after a week of not riding. Since it had been a while I checked my tire pressure. Steady 36 up front. About 11 in back :eek:

Got a good workout using a bicycle pump. Found a small slice, maybe 1.5mm long. Debated whether or not to try and glue it together...

Tire prices have increased by about $20 for both the front and rear since I bought my last set of Michelin Road 5s in 2019.
Bicycle pump? A small garage size air compressor is like $39 at Harbor Freight on sale

.https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/3-gallon-13-hp-100-psi-oil-free-pancake-air-compressor-61615.html

I installed my new Garmin Zumo XT yesterday.
I had updated it and did all configuration using wi-fi and the mini-USB power cable prior to the install.
When I powered it up on the cradle, no power!
I was not happy. I knew it was powered using the USB cable, so I first checked the cradle's 2 power pins with a voltmeter.
It read 5.4V, so my wiring and the dongle were fine.
After removing the GPS and trying to reseat the XT in the cradle several times, I phoned Garmin support.
They didn't seem too surprised that it wouldn't power up in the cradle.
Since I just got it this week, I started an RMA with the seller.
No issues there, but I requested a refund, not a replacement.
The cradle mount design is very sketchy compared to my previous Zumo 396.
It doesn't seem nearly as secure, both electrically, obviously, but also mechanically.
My other huge beef was that the XT and a Mac computer are like oil and water.
On the 396, I could load music, routes, etc from my Mac to the 396.
The XT is unrecognizable on the desktop of a Mac using Garmin Express, so no easy transferring to the XT.
I have read about the workarounds, but they are very cumbersome.
The ONLY things I like about the XT are the screen size and the very bright and high res screen.
Otherwise, no thanks.
For now I'm putting an older car Nuvi on the bike.
When the 396 goes on sale again, I'll go back to that.

Last edited:
Bicycle pump? A small garage size air compressor is like $39 at Harbor Freight on sale

.https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/3-gallon-13-hp-100-psi-oil-free-pancake-air-compressor-61615.html
I got to thinking about it and I counted 82 pneumatic tires around the house that I maintain, so I have a few compressors and air tanks. And I do also have a bicycle pump.

Last edited:
I got to thinking about it and I counted 82 pneumatic tires around the house that I maintain, so I have a few compressors and air tanks. And I do also have a bicycle pump.

82? Holy cow. I'm at 22 right now ( just got rid of 4, but have 2 more coming in June rumor has it) I couldn't live without my air compressor. Best under $ 100 purchase I can think of.

How do you check your motorcycle tire pressures weekly ( and car pressures monthly) with a bicycle pump? Lol

82? Holy cow. I'm at 22 right now ( just got rid of 4, but have 2 more coming in June rumor has it) I couldn't live without my air compressor. Best under $ 100 purchase I can think of.

How do you check your motorcycle tire pressures weekly ( and car pressures monthly) with a bicycle pump? Lol
I walk around with a 10 gallon portable air tank frequently. Being retired gives me the time needed to check tires. I also find time to keep tabs on the charge and health of the 18 vehicle type batteries currently in use.

When I had 6 motorcycles in the stable, it seemed like it was a full time job keeping up with tires, batteries, gas and which bike needed exercising. Cant imagine trying to keep up with as many vehicles as you have.

I'm down to one bike right now and it's really liberating to only take care of just one

I walk around with a 10 gallon portable air tank frequently. Being retired gives me the time needed to check tires. I also find time to keep tabs on the charge and health of the 18 vehicle type batteries currently in use.
I usually try to have some coffee first ... (insert "Tongue-in-cheek emoji here)

When I had 6 motorcycles in the stable, it seemed like it was a full time job keeping up with tires, batteries, gas and which bike needed exercising. Cant imagine trying to keep up with as many vehicles as you have.

I'm down to one bike right now and it's really liberating to only take care of just one
It’s amazing how little work it takes. Batteries last on average 8 years. Tires don’t lose air much. Long ago I decided to change oil strictly on a usage basis without regards to passing time. It’s not a big deal, really. Everything works like it’s supposed to when I want to use it.

Everything “works fine, lasts a long time”.

“Doesn’t rust, bust, or collect dust”.

The NC won’t need much taking care of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back