• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those flat on top of concave?
Flat topped. The rubbers pop out for the dirt. I set them up for the natural angel of my foot as I ride (non standing). they are dropped about .5-.75" from stock. Every little bit of decreased knee angle is a plus in my world.

It was cool and rainy today so I did some maintenance. I pulled the front tire off the NC (over 18,000 miles on the tire). There was lots of center tread left, but the off center tread was gone on the right side . I installed a half used Michelin PR4 that I might as well use up on an upcoming trip to the Smoky Mountains area.

The tire changer pictured is a Harbor Freight unit modified with Mojoblock clamps. The tire lever is a Mojolever. I use a NoMar ”yellow thing” and NoMar lubricant paste.

17F8373E-BD95-40AA-BBB1-411DFD5D28BB.jpeg26F2DD4B-0564-410C-B3D6-DE3453EC26C4.jpeg

Had a slow speed right side drop last night while practicing full lock turns. I came close to the curb and instead of keeping my head turned, I fixated on the curb which caused me to slow down. The bike was still slightly leaned over to the right, and at 3 mph the momentum wasn't enough and down I went. I thought for sure the damage was gonna be bad, but the GIVI crash bar and the Honda OEM handguard took it like a champ. I was surprised because the OEM Honda handguards are just hard plastic, and it only took a few scratches. Very minor scratches on the turn signal, exhaust, and the DCT oil filter cover plate. I think the rear brake lever bend inward just a tiny bit but I'm not sure if it was already like that. No fairing damage so that's good. Thankfully no one was around me because that was embarrassing lol

Had a slow speed right side drop last night while practicing full lock turns. I came close to the curb and instead of keeping my head turned, I fixated on the curb which caused me to slow down. The bike was still slightly leaned over to the right, and at 3 mph the momentum wasn't enough and down I went. I thought for sure the damage was gonna be bad, but the GIVI crash bar and the Honda OEM handguard took it like a champ. I was surprised because the OEM Honda handguards are just hard plastic, and it only took a few scratches. Very minor scratches on the turn signal, exhaust, and the DCT oil filter cover plate. I think the rear brake lever bend inward just a tiny bit but I'm not sure if it was already like that. No fairing damage so that's good. Thankfully no one was around me because that was embarrassing lol
Happens to the best of us.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/n291/dduelin/Videos/IMG_0097_zpslhh8jnwh.mp4

Last edited:
Short ride yesterday in the sunny afternoon, temps about 60(F), and a return trip home after the temps dropped into the mid-40's.

Wore my new Sidi Armada boots. Short ride (25-ish miles round trip) so other than a favorable initial impression its not worth writing much about. The soles are stiffer than my Formas so brake feel is different, but adjusting to that is just a matter of riding with them a bit more.

Today is babysitting day so not sure I'll get out on the bike, if I do it will be evening.

Replaced my rear tire at a friend's house. But now I can't seem to get my axle reinstalled properly. It takes far more effort to get to 72ft-lbs and when I do, the rear wheel barely spins.

I think I might have lost a dust collar or something. Can someone take a photo of their rear axle from the left and right side of the swingarm? Thanks in advance

Did a rain ride yesterday in the afternoon hours.

Alternating from drizzle to some steady rain, 72 degrees, cloudy and 98% humidity.

One nice thing about going out in the rain is that you realize how good the Michelin Road 5 tires are on wet asphalt. I knew of brand new asphalt (put down within the last 10 days) and figured if the Road 5 would lose grip on any asphalt it would likely be new wet asphalt becuase it is still a bit slick but the Road 5 tires held tight.

Having a Madstad is also nice in the rain, when speeds pick up most of the rain is deflected over you but even at city speeds the Madstad did a pretty good job of keeping my torso dry.

Overall it was just a pleasant ride.

It was cool and rainy today so I did some maintenance. I pulled the front tire off the NC (over 18,000 miles on the tire). There was lots of center tread left, but the off center tread was gone on the right side . I installed a half used Michelin PR4 that I might as well use up on an upcoming trip to the Smoky Mountains area.

The tire changer pictured is a Harbor Freight unit modified with Mojoblock clamps. The tire lever is a Mojolever. I use a NoMar ”yellow thing” and NoMar lubricant paste.

View attachment 44731View attachment 44732
Nice, 18k miles is impressive. Next time you're in the Deal's Gap area, south of the gap is a road called Wayah Road. One of the best, scenic roads I've ridden up that way. Winds along by a beautiful creek, old farm land, around the Nantahala Lake and up and down a mountain or two. We rode it a couple weekends ago while we were up there, and will definitely ride it again. We rode it south down to 64 and went back west into Murphy, NC and back by the Ocoee River on the way back home. Really enjoyed that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back