• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My arse hurt so much again after commuting from to and from work today (Mind you I only Picked this bike up new 2 week ago) I went and ordered a new seat from Shad which has already shipped. Cant wait this thing and install it, they weren't kidding when they said it was a torture device. So far I'm just loving my new machine.

My arse hurt so much again after commuting from to and from work today (Mind you I only Picked this bike up new 2 week ago) I went and ordered a new seat from Shad which has already shipped. Cant wait this thing and install it, they weren't kidding when they said it was a torture device. So far I'm just loving my new machine.
I must be about the weight Honda designed the seat for because I've never found the padding to be that bad. The shape/angle is a different story.

I have found my buns to need some adjustment on every saddle I've used. Even when I've got a lot of conditioning for one bike and go to ride one of my others.

You're going to appreciate your upgrade though. I'm not gonna say the stock saddle is great. Adequate is about right.

Honda must have had a picture of my backside when they designed this seat because it's perfectly comfortable for me but I hear complaints here all the time.

For me today: Commuting in 95+ degree weather is becoming the norm in the Twin Cities! As long as I'm moving, I'm fine. When I hit traffic, I whine!

I finally got it together to go camping for one night at Uchiyama Farm Campground in Nagano. Some great roads once I was out in the country. Getting in and out of the Yokohama/Tokyo area continues to chap my ass.

We are starting to get some mid-80 degree weather, with high humidity, but it was nice and cool up at the mountain campsite.

Once it starts getting over 90° I’m not sure how I’ll do.

Ready to go. One night isn't enough when you're camping, it's as much trouble to pack for one night as it is for a week. But this was kind of a trial run for longer trips in the near future. What I learned: I need to buy a pillow. And maybe a large tarp to use as sort of a shade 'porch' for the tent. Other than that, I think I've got everything I need.
ushiyama-04.jpg

That squarish shape in the background is Mt. Arafune.
ushiyama-07.jpg

These little mesh stands for campfires seem to be common here (you bring your own). Making a fire directly on the ground is generally prohibited, as far as I can tell. In this case, maybe because there are no dedicated sites, just a big open field where you pitch your tent. I prefer a more woodsy setting, but fortunately it was a Monday so not crowded at all.
ushiyama-06.jpg

Sign: "watch out for bears." I did, but didn't see any.
ushiyama-12.jpg

This twisty road went right down the side of the mountain. Fun but a little hairy at times.
ushiyama-05.jpg

Luckily the only other car I saw was this Kuroneko delivery truck coming up the mountain. I'd already pulled over to take this picture, good timing since the road's not big enough for both of us.
ushiyama-13.jpg

Other than a 1200 km trip a few days ago I took it out yesterday to further assess the suspension. I will be keeping the bike long term so I have now decided to upgrade the suspension starting with the shock. One of these items will be purchased, most likely the third one.....

Hope your experience with Shad goes better than mine. I ordered a Shad comfort seat for my NC a couple years ago. They sent me one for the NC700S, nowhere near the dimensions that fit the X model. I returned it, finally convinced them they sent me the wrong seat, they claimed they were going to send me the right seat, waited another week or so, never heard from them, called in to ask what the heck was going on, they said something to the tune of that seat being out of stock / on backorder, etc. I was not happy, wasted over 2 weeks of my time and had no seat. Went with the Seat Concepts and still have it today. Good luck!

I think it's brilliant. I know so many guys (myself included) who had certain model bikes, sold them, then had to buy another. For me it was an 04 Yamaha FZ-1 I sold and then realized it was a great bike and bought a 2001 to replace it. Both Yamaha Blue. Only difference was one had a silver motor, the other a black motor. I've also had 2 Honda CB 1100's, a 2013 and a 2014 and 2 Yamaha Majesty 400 scooters a 2006 and a 2008.

Today I installed the center stand, gave her a thorough cleaning with some back to black treatment, installed registration sticker then went out and ran a few errands.

Is the NC a boomerang bike for you?
Err, I guess so. I started getting the itch again a few months ago.

Brought this home today. This is about right for me timing wise. After I sold the 2012 in 2014 I was without an NC about a year before buying NC #2. I sold #2 about 18 months ago. Someone remind in 12 to 18 months how much I like the NC700/750 and DON'T SELL #3.

I wanted a 2018 or later to experience 745cc and the post '17 DCT upgrades but used bike prices are rising fast and I couldn't justify the price difference.

2013 DCT with 7300 one owner miles. Michelins, Corbin seat, some original Honda accessories, original Madstad first gen windshield (like 670cc's), Barkbusters, wider foot pegs, Puig hugger. Extras include a Seat Concepts extra seat, Leo Vince pipe and 3 other windshields. He said one was a Puig, one is a something-or-other, and the original one.

IMG_1001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back