• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a ride. Took this photo of a Mausoleum at an old graveyard not far from my home. The pyramid is also a mausoleum belonging to a local aristocratic family. Both were build around 1785. Clearly the Families were influenced by Egyptian architecture. There is a clear history for the pyramid, but the Temple facade to the mausoleum in the foreground is a bit of a mystery.

IMG_E1595.JPG

Done another track day at Barber yesterday. Rain held out until we got done riding and literally just had loaded up, then the bottom dropped out. I went with my buddy, this was his 2nd track day. He drug knee for the first time on his GSXR 1000. The NC felt great, the new Power Cup Evo front tire felt great. Definitely have no desire to run any other tires on the track. Those are amazing.

Best news.....I got evaluated by 2 different instructors in 2 different sessions and got the bump from Intermediate to Advanced group! On an NC700X! So awesome. One instructor said he was having trouble keeping up with me in a couple sections of the track, but he was older and probably not pushing hard. Regardless, I'm stoked to be riding in A group with the fast guys next time I go back to Barber. I won't ride in A group at TalladegaGP, as I can't work that track on the NC as good as I can at Barber. Now I've gotta safety wire a few things on the NC to meet A group tech inspection rules. I am growing more content with the NC as a track bike, I will probably keep it around for quite a while, it just works too well. It's slow, but that also keeps me safer, and is still a blast to ride.

20210815_112534.jpg

20210815_124410.jpg

20210815_112516.jpg

20210815_152313.jpg

received_919325768623496.jpeg

Done another track day at Barber yesterday. Rain held out until we got done riding and literally just had loaded up, then the bottom dropped out. I went with my buddy, this was his 2nd track day. He drug knee for the first time on his GSXR 1000. The NC felt great, the new Power Cup Evo front tire felt great. Definitely have no desire to run any other tires on the track. Those are amazing.

Best news.....I got evaluated by 2 different instructors in 2 different sessions and got the bump from Intermediate to Advanced group! On an NC700X! So awesome. One instructor said he was having trouble keeping up with me in a couple sections of the track, but he was older and probably not pushing hard. Regardless, I'm stoked to be riding in A group with the fast guys next time I go back to Barber. I won't ride in A group at TalladegaGP, as I can't work that track on the NC as good as I can at Barber. Now I've gotta safety wire a few things on the NC to meet A group tech inspection rules. I am growing more content with the NC as a track bike, I will probably keep it around for quite a while, it just works too well. It's slow, but that also keeps me safer, and is still a blast to ride.

View attachment 46210

View attachment 46211

View attachment 46212

View attachment 46213

View attachment 46214
That's saying a lot for your skills and for the NC700X. Good on you!

That's saying a lot for your skills and for the NC700X. Good on you!

Thank you sir! It certainly feels like an accomplishment when I think back to how challenging it was on track with the NC for the first time. I wish I hadn't have forgotten my GoPro and was able to film some of the sessions. I was going much faster in several turns than last time I was there, even going through some turns 1 gear higher than previously. This would lead to faster speeds in the straights, as I reached 96 a couple times and previously had only reached 94. And the fastest right hander on the track, I glanced down at the speedo and saw 94mph several times while my knee was on the ground! That's freakin' awesome!

View attachment 46210

View attachment 46211

View attachment 46212

View attachment 46213

View attachment 46214
Congrats! That sure says a lot about the rider. Should also put to bed statements that the NC700 is underpowered. :)

Should also put to bed statements that the NC700 is underpowered. :)
I wouldn't go that far, now! LOL

All joking aside, it's only underpowered depending on how you want to use it. It's certainly underpowered for how I like to ride and what I desire out of a motorcycle, but for it's intended use and how 90% of NC owners ride, I wouldn't call it underpowered at all.

Had a day similar to melensdad. We call it a "Ribber Run" . Rode 178 miles for lunch at The Scioto Ribber restaurant in Portsmouth Ohio for one of their "small rib eye steaks" cooked outdoors over wood fire with my brother, my son, my son's father in law and his nephew. Great day of riding and a great lunch and visit to the 1/2 mile long Mural Wall

8B3Q3Uvh.jpg

XRibcLuh.jpg

qphEwYSh.jpg

4iRFBBYh.jpg

T6RtBEJh.jpg

2BYfQ6Ph.jpg

Fwqmeoth.jpg

gY1Iaq6h.jpg
Hey Ferret, Thanks for the tip. We will look the restaurant up on our way to Berlin . Being a meat-cutter for 44 years I always appreciate a good steak,

Thought I'd make some vinyl fork leg protectors. Just something to protect the lower legs from chips. As I ride on gravel roads sometimes.
If anyone is interested? I can make them in any color of your choice (Black/ your choice) For $17.50 a set shipped.

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thought I'd make some vinyl fork leg protectors. Just something to protect the lower legs from chips. As I ride on gravel roads sometimes.
If anyone is interested? I can make them in any color of your choice (Black/ your choice) For $17.50 a set shipped.
Hey H.O.T., that is pretty cool, what else do/can you make in vinyl?

Also a congrats on TacomaJD for making the advanced group. Follow your own line man! When you ride to slide you don’t follow anyone’s rules. You make your own rules and lines and bend a few physical laws along the way. I did. I still can.

Also I made this stupid video that nobody is going to watch. But I will say this, I learned basic video design by making it. I used Imovie for front-end processing and windows older movie maker for the back end with a semi-enhanced HD hack for VP9 youtube video encoding so I can get a not-quite UHD format for my 52” TV. It it is quite watchable on larger TVs and I can deal with that.

I do need to license some better music. I am starting to dislike the Free Music Archive. Bleh!!!

Oh yes… and I know you wont watch it because Youtube channels allow a user to monitor video watches and how much of a video is watched and from where on the planet. So… if you watched… say 10 seconds of it and then… hmmm… say you switched to Lady Gaga, or Grand Funk Railroad well…I will know you did that too.

Think I am smart? I got a Youtube channel in 20 minutes. You can too. It is worth it. You will thank me when a power surge wipes out your family videos. Then 10 years from now the videos will still be there on the cloud.

Oh. You can also try this…. Try storing videos on a USB thumb drive dual port RAID storage. Only two thumb drives are needed. Maybe about a TB if you can. Use only popular brand thumb drives and store your videos there. Don’t buy those cheap hacked Amazon thumb drives. They wont work.

Tip : raise the camera to have at least the top third be sky/horizon, and up to half if wide-enough angle. Filling the frame with the shaking dirt road and bike gives viewers motion sickness, and less to look at.

. . . Sometimes a helmet is built that way because a designer said so . . .
Helmet manufacturers can easily build quieter helmets. But don't blame the designers or the manufacturers. Blame the ECE regulations. They don't allow for too much sound deadening. Making a helmet too quiet can eliminate the ability of riders to hear traffic noise including sirens, horns, etc.

the Ferrit said:
another fuel mileage record for me tonight..193 miles took 2.4 gals to refill... 80.4 mpg. I'm not trying to get better mileage and not riding any differently. It must be breaking in. Getting close to 3,000 miles on it now.
I never actually bothered to check, but I don't think I'm getting close to that type of mileage. I blame the Madstad and the hard luggage cases. It is a tradeoff I'm willing to accept.

Not sure how much fuel economy I lose due to the extra wind resistance but I probably should check it some day. Likely I won't. But I probably should!

TacomaJD said:
Thank you sir! It certainly feels like an accomplishment when I think back to how challenging it was on track with the NC for the first time. I wish I hadn't have forgotten my GoPro and was able to film some of the sessions. I was going much faster in several turns than last time I was there, even going through some turns 1 gear higher than previously. This would lead to faster speeds in the straights, as I reached 96 a couple times and previously had only reached 94. And the fastest right hander on the track, I glanced down at the speedo and saw 94mph several times while my knee was on the ground! That's freakin' awesome

Somehow I missed this post.

Well done.

Very well done sir.

But next time . . . pics or it didn't happen! :cool:

Last edited:
"Making a helmet too quiet can eliminate the ability of riders to hear traffic noise including sirens, horns, etc."

Probably no more than wearing a pair of NRR 30 / SNR 34 ear plugs which audiologists and I recommend every one do if they ride more than 15 minutes at a time. I wear ear plugs not only to protect what hearing I have left after working around jet airplanes 5 years in my early twenties but to ride longer, more comfortably, and with less fatigue. Plus my in-helmet audio and comm sounds better with outside noise attenuated.

Dave I don't disagree with you but it is the government bodies don't want helmets too quite. People who don't like it should bitch about the .gov regulations that prevent helmets that are 'too quiet'

in the mail Today i received a new to me windscreen, and of course i had to run out and install it! Now i can have more air to help keep cooler on long rides, thunder, lightning and torrential rain came almost immediately after the install... figures, so no ride until tomorrow! :{P

IMG_6800[1201].jpg :{)

I've dropped my motorcycle exactly twice.

Today was a day.

tempImagexhWxVf.jpg

The lovely Mrs Bob and I went for a ride to the north side of the next county. Total ride was under 100 miles. We were coming back via a rural path and got to an intersection with a T-Intersection with stop sign on the top of a hill with a compound slope going across the road and also down the hill we had just come up. I was leading, came to the stop, turned right onto the next road, with an immediate slope down. She was seconds behind, came to the stop and had to make a full stop due to cross traffic. The odd slope and the next thing I heard through the Cardo headset was "S#!% I dropped my bike"

Ok, I was literally 100 yards away, I see a driveway after a bridge that I am coming to so I turn into the drive. It is very narrow, downward slope and about 20' long paved in asphalt, then switches to sand and gravel. Next to it is a strip of grass. Next to that is sand/gravel down to the river. Thought it through and figured I could make a U-Turn. Well nope. I made about 3/4ths of that U turn but when my rear tire hit the sand the bike went down with a thump.

So damn ... My bike is down on a sandy slope. Her bike is 150 yards away down on an asphalt slope. It was a little struggle but I got it up and onto the kickstand. Quick inspection then I and was heading back toward the lovely Mrs Bob to rescue her.

Get back to her, park. Of course she heard all my grief through her headset. So she is freaked because she always assumes I'm going to kill myself. I assure her I am fine. She says she wants to pick up her own bike but wants me to "spot" her and remind her of the technique. So I remind her to put her kickstand down. Then squat next to the bike. Apply the rear brake. Grab the seat rail. And push with her legs. Bike goes up most of the way. I'm standing behind the rear wheel, grab the passenger seat rails and help steady the bike.

Didn't feel anything, no twinge in my back, nothing. Both bikes are up, no worse for the wear. We proceed home. Probably 35 to 40 minutes away.

Got home, got off the bike, still feeling fine. Watered some potted plants and all of a sudden I couldn't move. Lower back is screaming in pain. Pain pill about 3pm. Looking forward to a muscle relaxer just before sliding into bed. I'm coaching an advanced saber fencing class on Thursday evening, it needs to be better by that time. Other than that I think I can rest most of the rest of the time.

Photo was taken about 30 minutes before the double bike drop just before we headed back toward home. One of the most event filled short rides I've ever taken . . . not in a good way.

I also dropped my bike. I was at my buddies house helping him bring a CT90 Trail back to life. As I was moving my bike out of the way I went to tip it onto the side stand and thought it was just on a downslope. Nope. It tilted over so far because I had forgotten to put the side stand down.

Luckily it fell onto some soft dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back