• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

Mushroom plugs are what I've been using and have had no problems except for when I had a house key stuck in the tire that produced a large slit .
There was a test by Ryan FortNine/Canadian moto parts supplier & YouTuber which showed they are inferior to other plugs and implied they may be dangerous. Watch his video and decide for yourself.

Rapturee,
Sorry about that. Timing and the right offer are everything. I hope you won't hold it against him or me. Sometimes things just fall in place.

Scott

Watch his video and decide for yourself.
Thanks for the information.

I did watch the video, https://www.youtube.com/watc tire tireh?v=Qm6fTWaj3QE

I've had good luck with them. Put over 1,500 miles on a mushroom plugged rear rear tire before replacing it.

I definitely didn't ream out the hole as large as he did, maybe that had something to do with the plugs success.

Flat tires are no big deal. Of course Fix it if you can, tubes, plugs whatever. Or use bailing wire and zip ties and to try to chinch the tire to the rim and lean forward and get all the weight off the rear wheel. I once rode 50 or so miles through the Baja Dezert from Diablo dry lake to San Felipe Mexico after a bib mousse denigrated due to highway heat. Some of you guys are way over thinking this stuff.
Touring is not just about riding its about adapting to any situation that might arise on the ride.

It was an exciting morning today. After dealing with a broken tv I found a little screw in the front tire. I got to experiment with my worm kit. Repair was successful. Got me to work and back. Pressure is stable. Totally happy with repair kit used Stop & Go The tire is at the end of its life with planned replacement in a month or so.

IMG_20210908_090318.jpgIMG_20210908_091507.jpgIMG_20210908_093229.jpg

Sorry guy's I forgot a large majority of you guys are on road touring riders. In that case follow the suggestions made by the others above.

After installing the rebuilt Russell's Day Long Saddle I went out for a ride. Roughly 120 miles. It was a great ride, beautiful weather, bright skies, and just enough wind to keep me cool. Headed south from my house, rode to 2 different fish & game reserves and then I started to get hungry so I cut across the county and drove south to the next county for a visit to a large dairy with a restaurant. After refilling my belly I headed west to a Bison reserve, then northwest crossing into Illinois where I refueled, before heading northeast and back home. Just a fun pleasant ride in great riding conditions. Got in about 3 miles of loose gravel and I really don’t like the Michelin Road 5 tires on gravel, but they are awesome in rain and on dry pavement.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 4.45.34 PM.png74BA136A-A56C-4EAB-8E97-33BDAD5DBF55.jpegDB7B1134-8776-4E9C-85DB-1DC2442A7054.jpeg80BB06F4-B781-49F5-A21A-C30F0BECD92E.jpeg52E3F910-C8D3-4B7C-B741-A471FE8C5CBC.jpegFA72FF59-331B-47DE-B19E-963966D249BB.jpeg

Took it to work, usual 16-mile commute each way with too much highway.
On the way home, stopped at Cycle Gear to pick up New Helmet Attempt #3. Turns out it's not easy to find an XL helmet that fits the frunk. My old one -LS2 Stream- was a lucky find, but its weight, aging, and slightly too oval shape means the end of the road for it after 4 years. New one is HJC RPHA 70 ST, which is apparently 1/2 inch too big (in XL shell) to let the frunk close. Needs more investigation, because it's otherwise quite light, comfortable and quiet. Wondering what you any of guys with XL or bigger heads settled on.

Saw another NC rider in the parking lot, on a nice Blue one, highly farkled.
Stopped next to him to say hi, but he was on the phone, and just left.

Awesome photos. Lots of greenery! And another guy who loves his stickers!!! Yeah!! I said it once before. Send your blah pictures... because to us, they are awesome! I wanna zoom in on that luggage case and see where you went.

I am kinda wondering how well that chin vent works. Mine kinda sucks so with the Neotech II, I need to ride with the helmet visor open.

When I close the Neotech II, It is like being in an upside down fishbowl. I tried that space helmet thing once when I was five, and I realized that you can only wear it for about 30 seconds before you see stars.

We have a bison farm down here not far from me. They are huge. Okay, the Longhorns are big, but the bison are bigger. They were once nearly extinct. Because of independent managed bison farming, we can now enjoy a bison burger. No kidding. They taste pretty good. Less fat. So add bacon!

Send your pictures to dear 'ol Captain Noah... until it gets weird.
Chin vent on that Aria Defiant works pretty darn well. Worked a lot better before I installed the Madstad screen! But it is one of the best for ventilation I found in a road helmet. Sadly the new version of the Arai Defiant looks to have a lot less venting. I love the Arai quality but am considering a Schuberth E1 for when this Aria needs replacing. The Schuberth E1 is the same shell as the C3Pro, same visor too. Chin bar is swapped out and replaced with one that supposedly increases airflow by 60%. Or so they claim. C3Pro is being phased out for the new C4Pro. Likely an E2 version will arrive from Schuberth in the next year or two?

I will say that I LOVE the external sun screen on the Aria. It flips up and locks into place like a sun shade, flips down and locks into place to act as a tinted screen. Doesn't take up room inside the helmet cavity to make the shell larger, which is also nice. I wish Arai would make a modular helmet.

As for the scenery, my part of Northwest IN, and Northeast IL are very green. Mostly green with soybean and corn fields. Lots of straight roads too. I try to do a good bit of riding near the rivers and game preserves as those are the areas where we have fun roads. About 100 miles south of me there are really nice hills and curvy roads but that makes for a very long day getting there, riding and then getting back home. Most of my day rides are in the 100-150 mile range.

The Kankakee Sands Bison Preserve is run by the Nature Conservancy, so not a meat producer. But we do have bison ranches in northern Indiana so some places offer bison burger. And yes, the are HUGE animals. I rode into the viewing area as a herd was moving away and they are magnificent animals to watch.

Went for a 120+ mile ride. Now I need to do the 600 mile service. My Skwoosh gel pad was a big improvement for the stock seat. It will definitely work for me until I sort what I want to do for a long-term seat solution. Laminar Lip and other goodies should be arriving soon.
600 mile service: change oil, check chain/lube chain, check for loose nuts bolts....done.

Took it to work, usual 16-mile commute each way with too much highway.
On the way home, stopped at Cycle Gear to pick up New Helmet Attempt #3. Turns out it's not easy to find an XL helmet that fits the frunk. My old one -LS2 Stream- was a lucky find, but its weight, aging, and slightly too oval shape means the end of the road for it after 4 years. New one is HJC RPHA 70 ST, which is apparently 1/2 inch too big (in XL shell) to let the frunk close. Needs more investigation, because it's otherwise quite light, comfortable and quiet. Wondering what you any of guys with XL or bigger heads settled on.

Saw another NC rider in the parking lot, on a nice Blue one, highly farkled.
Stopped next to him to say hi, but he was on the phone, and just left.
I wear a Shoei GT Air XL and it is my most favorite, comfortable helmet I've ever had. The GT Air is named that because it flows some serious air. Most air flow in a helmet I've ever had too. And as for on-bike helmet storage, invest in a top box. I love mine. I can fit my helmet AND a riding jacket in it.

I need to try the GT air. I get so streamy when I am out in the open Texas blow dryer fields. I crop my hair to the scalp so no air moves up there. Even when my vents are open on the neotec II it is too closed up over my scalp.

With the camera mount on my chin, and the chin guard lifted up, the guard gets blown over my head because of how the camera mount catches the wind. This is not so much of a problem at normal speeds, but when I get out in the open, hyper speeds can be a real neck strain. Chin camera mounts on clamshell helmets can be a problem.
You think your camera catches the wind? We should be lucky that the cameras are dinky now.
This is how we got motorcycle POV shots in the 90's. (never mind the wardrobe, had to wear it.)

Attachments

• 12-16-2009 5;22;53 PM.jpg
    12-16-2009 5;22;53 PM.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
16mm cam with counter weight. On the set of the power rangers tv show.
Yep, the power rangers. kind of embarrassing when I look back at it now.

Attachments

• 12-16-2009 5;24;18 PM.jpg
    12-16-2009 5;24;18 PM.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 13
  • 12-16-2009 5;25;33 PM.jpg
    12-16-2009 5;25;33 PM.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back