• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your NC has a different dashboard and mirrors than what I remember.
LOL it's from a CB 1100 (and I didn't take the vid) but it shows what it's like riding in the mid west right now. I'll have some stills from my NC after a trip to Berea Kentucky in a week or so.

Looks like a nice ride. It's been in close to 100 degrees here in So Cal lately.
Can't wait for it to cool down a bit and do some long rides.

Just had new tires installed. Michelin Road 5 GT.
Had a 50 km ride on them. Wow, what a difference from the OEM Dunlops. The Dunlop’s had about 8300km on them. The rear was down to the wear bars and the front had cupping.

I performed the 600 mile service on mine today. I used my oil extractor to get what I could out of the engine. Then I removed the drain plug to see how much was left. Here is what came out of the drain plug.
OIL drain.jpg
Needless to say, I think it is OK to use an extractor on the manual NC750.

I also mounted my Laminar Lip on the windscreen.
1631395726606.png
LL2.jpg
And here is the gel pad I got for the seat.
gel pad.jpg
I should get my fender extender next week and more parts for the heated grips.

TNHoosier,,​

Very nice bike. It's all about waiting for the parts, then ordering more! Boy, you guys back East sure have greenery. I'm stuck in So Cal until I can get back to my home in Thailand where its nice and green too.

What did I do to my bike today?
Well, I received the OEM pannier's and rear rack I bought from member TACOMAJD. And I would like to start off by saying a he is stand up guy. One of the good ones.
Received 2 large boxes form UPS containing the pannier's and rear rack. He must have know that since I'm in Los Angeles (homeless capitol of the world) everything was packed with bubble wrap and T shirts covering all the parts. And even a high thread count towel! Stuff the homeless here would be proud to wear.
With that said, I went to work installing the stuff. Thanks to TacomaJD for keeping all the nuts and bolts taped to the separate parts which made it a snap. It took me about 40 mins from un boxing to finishing with the install. The brand new uninstalled lock sets (which he included) took me about the same to key to my ignition key and install.
So all in all took me about 2 hours from when I received the stuff from UPS to everything done and sitting back with a cocktail. (Or more)
A shout out to TacomaJD.
Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• 434sdfsdzxvvc.jpg
    434sdfsdzxvvc.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 5543gdfgdxcvxcvz.jpg
    5543gdfgdxcvxcvz.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 6456sdefrsdfsdfsdf.jpg
    6456sdefrsdfsdfsdf.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 345345fsdfczxxc.jpg
    345345fsdfczxxc.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 19
  • cvbcvbcvbcvbbbbb.jpg
    cvbcvbcvbcvbbbbb.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 19
  • gdfgdfgewtyyy.jpg
    gdfgdfgewtyyy.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 18
  • gfdfgdfgdert3445345.jpg
    gfdfgdfgdert3445345.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 16
  • cvvbnjfdffgg.jpg
    cvvbnjfdffgg.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 16
Well, I received the OEM pannier's and rear rack I bought from member TACOMAJD. And I would like to start off by saying a he is stand up guy. One of the good ones.
Received 2 large boxes form UPS containing the pannier's and rear rack. He must have know that since I'm in Los Angeles (homeless capitol of the world) everything was packed with bubble wrap and T shirts covering all the parts. And even a high thread count towel! Stuff the homeless here would be proud to wear.
With that said, I went to work installing the stuff. Thanks to TacomaJD for keeping all the nuts and bolts taped to the separate parts which made it a snap. It took me about 40 mins from un boxing to finishing with the install. The brand new uninstalled lock sets (which he included) took me about the same to key to my ignition key and install.
So all in all took me about 2 hours from when I received the stuff from UPS to everything done and sitting back with a cocktail. (Or more)
A shout out to TacomaJD.
Thanks,
Scott

Nice looking bike. I like the looks of the Honda luggage, wish it wasn't so expensive.

Messing about with some vinyl.
I'm leaning towards all red.
Duplicolor paint to match the factory Honda paint for the win!

Find the VIN # and decode it for the paint code. Duplicolor will send you a can of color matched paint, plus primer, plus clear coat so your pannier boxes will be an exact match paint color to your bike.

Current photo from this week . . .

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 10.22.01 PM.png

Photo from 2018 shortly after I painted the Hepco & Becker "Gobi" side cases and top box using the Duplicolor primer, paint and clear coat.

tempImageXuYOWH.jpg

A shout out to TacomaJD.
Thanks,
Scott

Everything looks good man! And I appreciate the kind words. I had to scrape up everything I could to pack it all to where it wouldn't get damaged. The towel was used from a seller I bought some used Harley hard bag lids one time. I have a big pile of boxes in the shop from where I've purchased things online and always save the boxes and packing material. Now I have plenty boxes left, but no packing material haha. Enjoy them dude, pleasure doing business with you!

As a followup to post #698 from July 23rd, 2012 I noticed a couple of weeks ago the gummy worm repair had began a slow leak of about 1 psi per day. Spraying a soap solution on the repair revealed tiny bubbles. Besides this one, all but l but one repair in the past held until the tire was worn out - some in excess of 7,000 miles. In preparation of a ride this morning I topped off the tire last night and checked it this morning and found it lost ~4 psi overnight. Rut ro. The tire has 25% of life left so I determined to pull out or push through the carcass the leaky gummy worm and try and reseal the leak again before replacing the tire. This I did but I found the tube of glue I opened in July had only enough glue for one more attempt. I guess two repairs per tube is maximum. The repair done today did not show any bubbles and I rode it 45 miles at 60+ mph to heat up and flatten out the portion of worm inside the tire before checking for bubbles again. The second repair is not showing bubbles. Bought two new tubes of glue to restock the NC's and Goldwing's onboard tire repair kit and resolved to check the glue in the kit for freshness before long trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back