• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting my head around some more piecemeal maintenance work on the X-Adv. As I have to work outside albeit under a car port, such work takes a little more motivation at this time of year. Think I will go have another coffee. ;)

Well, I was planning on taking the Honda out for a ride today; however, it is 40'F and raining....I will ride in the rain, and I will ride in the cold, but purposely riding in a cold rain...no longer my cup of tea....supposed to stop raining later, if it does and the roads dry a little,,,,I will ride it around the block for my yearly New Years Day ride (my block is 6 miles around)..

I sat in my garage for a bit staring at the 700x then at the tw200 and then back and forth.......dreaming of better spring like weather......lol. : )

Finished the 64k km maintenance with the oil change and other minor checks. Took more time to find the tools after the move than the work.

Just moved to a new city by vegas. The sun was good so decided to take a picture and show off my upgrades. (this was before I put on my new pipes)

Attachments

• 20201218_082308.jpg
    20201218_082308.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
I readjusted the controls/levers/grips on my new protaper evo bars...

Attachments

• CF09BF81-2CB1-445A-84CD-2B8101321F3A.jpeg
    CF09BF81-2CB1-445A-84CD-2B8101321F3A.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 02AB105D-AB6B-47E3-AF2A-3CC54895703F.jpeg
    02AB105D-AB6B-47E3-AF2A-3CC54895703F.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 60
  • 621A3934-8325-4E50-97BC-FE227F1860C6.jpg
    621A3934-8325-4E50-97BC-FE227F1860C6.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 1E0077A6-B11A-44AC-B0AA-B819487DE5F2.jpg
    1E0077A6-B11A-44AC-B0AA-B819487DE5F2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 61
Those look nice! Why new bars? Weight, better ergonomics.....?
Thanks! Mostly aesthetics; but the ergos were a close second.

There was nothing functionally wrong w the oem bars, I just found them visually bothersome. They looked like a cruiser type of bar with their high swoop.

The styling of the nc didn’t really match a “cruiser” to me, so I sought out some bars that fit the adv/street persona I’m after.

I installed some renthal cr street bars anodized gold (kinda blingy but works w the dark/black theme) but they were too narrow in overall width making the cockpit feel somewhat cramped.

I still have hand guards and other farkles en route so the modding is far from complete.

Waiting for some dirt accessories to arrive is the hardest part. I’m desperate to bring the nc to a state Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) park about 30 mins from me but refuse to go until I have my puig engine guards, skid plate tbd and handguards installed.

In the meantime, I’ve christened her on one of my favorite twisty roads and she surprised me with how well she behaved in the corners.

Probably due to her low slung weight, I was able to throw her back and forth quite easily and with high confidence even in the wet and goaty stuff. The scorpion trails have more grip than I expected them to have.

I also brought her out to my “gymkhana” location and was scraping side stand (a concern?) and knee pucks for some urban-jungle emergency drills.

There goes my theory that the NC is too tall to scrape on. Guess I still need to get better at dipping into turns
Oh yea, I've only scraped a footpeg a few times so it takes me by surprise. But I don't usually ride that aggressively. But probably more so since I no longer commute 100 miles a day:):(

I think I killed a sparrow :eek:

I've had a lot of close calls, having to duck to dodge little flappybois. This time a brown blur shot out from some bushes and came straight at me when I was looking at the scenery. It whapped me in the chest, luckily I was wearing my Aerostich suit with chest armor so it absorbed the impact, along with my wallet and about five layers of clothes.

A bit of a dampener on the first long ride of the year. RIP in peace little birdy

20210109_154117.jpg
I went up to a town called Darrington which is off the northern half of the Cascade Loop. Grabbed some spare wrenches for the tool roll I'm putting together. It was a balmy 42° for most of the ride. I'm not going to miss all these layers in six months!

Not today but 6 months ago during a roadtrip to Romanian Karpathian mountains.
Downhill TRANSFAGARASAN Highway we met a nice bear with its little ones :

RVqLbiw.jpg

10WhaKb.jpg

Not today but 6 months ago during a roadtrip to Romanian Karpathian mountains.
Downhill TRANSFAGARASAN Highway we met a nice bear with its little ones :

RVqLbiw.jpg

10WhaKb.jpg

And how do you tell a nice bear from one that is not so nice? It looks like he was snarling in your second pic! Kidding aside, looks like a very nice ride.

Just getting my head around some more piecemeal maintenance work on the X-Adv. As I have to work outside albeit under a car port, such work takes a little more motivation at this time of year. Think I will go have another coffee. ;)

Well today I finally completed the jigsaw that is an ADV750L otherwise known as X-Adv. Tbh I have never had so many bits of a single motorcycle around my shed, mostly consisting of body pieces and trims with all the associated screws, clips and bolts. There were so many of them that I had to tape the various clips and screws to their related bits to be sure of getting it all right. There was a great sense of satisfaction after tightening the final screw. The exercise included Valve clearance adjustment, new chain and sprockets, air filter and fresh coolant. Plus I cleaned up and put protectant on various aspects of the bike under the bodywork, that would never be seen during cleaning. Being retired and having all the time in the world to do this was a great help. Glad its done though and now looking forward to another 33,000 trouble free Kms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back