• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If periodic clutch initialization is a worthwhile task, it’s too bad Honda didn’t make this an automatic process that happens behind the scenes without operator intervention. The DCT in my Ford car has never required such an initialization since the clutch was last replaced 40,000 miles ago.
yea, but it is in the service manual,,,,with trouble issues listed of when to do it...

On my 2021 DCT today, (Purchased 6/22)

PC0cepIh.jpg

Picked up some parts at the store for coming maintenance. Will be a biggie. Front tire, valve check, oil change, air filter and fork oil.

Also worked on my rain gear repair. Before showing seam that is no longer heat sealed.
View attachment 46842
After prep and application. Used a bamboo kabob stick as an applicator. Glue is kind of thick and stringy. Cleaned surface with alcohol. Says it takes 8-12 hours to cure. We will see in the morning. We get enough rain here so the sealing power will definitely get tested.
View attachment 46843
I am pretty happy with this repair. I have not had a serious rain session but it is just a matter of time.

I fiddled with a rain liner repair with a tape today. I actually use this as more of a wind break/thermal layer.pre.jpg
Product used Tenacious Tape

post.jpg

I don't know how well this one is going to work. I am pretty sure that if I bonded it with the Aquaseal it would be good. We will see. I have some left over tape and may combine the two for a small pocket repair.

The repair seemed to have bonded well over night. Well enough that I did the pocket today. The pocket has previously been repaired with an iron on patch on the advice of the local fabric store The iron on worked for a bit but didn't last.

Damage
Pre (2).jpg

Appropriate weighting fixture after some prep with nail polish remover
fixture.jpg

Finished result
post (2).jpg

Time will tell with the durability. All of this gear maintenance is to squeeze more life out of my existing kit. The long term plan is to go with an R3 suit. My rational is if I can squeeze more life out of my gear instead of buying some temporary replacements, it works out as saving 10% towards the suit.

Also work on the maintenance project. Disassembly today. Valves checked, fork oil and coolant drained. Currently checking valves every 25K km which also seems to line up with the front tire replacement based on my riding. There is currently a slow leak at the site of my gummy repair. Going to add checking cam chain into my check list. The tensioner is right there when the valve cover is off.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians.

Replaced the junk Dunlops that came on the bike with some Conti Motions. I only have 1700 miles on the bike and was well into the wear indicators. Never had tires wear out that quickly in 46 years of riding. :mad:
huh, i only got a few K out of mine as well, just about worthless. I threw on a set of cheepies to get me through the summer and a brand new set of Shinko 705's will be on next June for a proposed ALASKA trip! Just the early planning stages still but it is looking good so far, we'll see!!?? :{)

Rode to meet a lady friend for some hiking at a local Lake, then off solo and rode 130 miles. Once again i was out riding and remembered the game of tag. I looked it up and the tag was a train station and i had just ridden past one up in Newport Wa! SCORE!! :{P

Came across this one today and had to share it! Really Nice Bike! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back