• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washed mine. Then I started poking around the bodywork with a view to commencing work to replace the shock. I started to get depressed at the work involved and gave up for another day. I hate this bloody bike sometimes :mad:
On the 2012 & 2015 I recall only having to remove the right side body work (seat cowl) under the right hand grab rail, then one or two fasteners at the rear edge of the side cowl so I could pull the side cowl out enough to get to the lower shock bolt. I think the service manual detailed removal of more pieces but not necessary.

Well after having my motorcycles trapped in the garage for the last 2 days due to a broken garage door spring, the guy came out and fixed it today, so I was able to get out for 50 miles this afternoon. Mid 40's and sunny today. (was close to 70 yesterday lol). Going to be around 32F when I take off in the morning to meet my brother and buddy Jim for our weekly Popeye's Chicken run. Will turn over 7,000 miles on the NC on tomorrow's ride.

On the 2012 & 2015 I recall only having to remove the right side body work (seat cowl) under the right hand grab rail, then one or two fasteners at the rear edge of the side cowl so I could pull the side cowl out enough to get to the lower shock bolt. I think the service manual detailed removal of more pieces but not necessary.

Thanks Dave. I wish :( However with this thing its a much more complicated affair. My relationship with this bike is a true Love/hate affair. I love riding it but like most owners who work on their own bikes I absolutely hate working on it. The designers should be forced to service one at least once in their careers :mad:

IMG_0628.JPG

Man, how many times I have said THAT over the years
I know electronics is not the same as motorcycles. I used to work at a major automotive electronics supplier. They 'strongly encouraged' the design engineers to work in manufacturing for 1-3 years so they would understand the impact of their design. It changed the way many of them thought and went about their work.

3 days shy of 5 months old

2GIUCAth.jpg

Last edited:
Fork mounted DRL. Moved to the upper fender bolts so I can keep the reflectors and stay legal. I set at 100% all the time and was able to wire up through the accessory harness. I got mine in amber though. Really enjoying them but the installation was a bear for me. I don’t normally do these sorts of things myself. I guess I don’t normally think of pictures. Thanks for the reminder!
How does switching work?

Not sure what Rabbit did, but I have the Denali DRL lights on 2 bikes. Fork mounted. Love them. Attention getting but not blinding. Wide beam spread is visible from the SIDE and the FRONT of the bike and all angles in between. Don't really light the roadway, they are designed so you are seen.

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

EDBCBFA8-33D2-4DFE-878B-E405E29C2C03.jpg
How do these switch on/off? Is everything included in the kit or are there other accessories needed?

My Denali's are powered from an Eastern Beaver fuse block, using the switched power side of the fuse block.
For control of the Denali's, I've got an illuminated rocker switch that I installed through the plastic on the upper left side of the bike.

How does switching work?
My 2013 has Denali 2.0 conspicuity lights installed by a previous owner. They were wired without a switch with the relay triggered by the high beam positive so every time the headlight was on high beam the Denali lights were on. This was unacceptable to me so almost immediately I rewired it so the auxiliary light relay had switched power directly from the OEM fuse block and I could turn the lights on and off independent of the headlight with a separate switch mounted above the right hand switch pod on the handlebar.

Later I installed a switched power fuse block and wired the auxiliary light relay to one of the circuits which is my preferred method. I like to have the lights off at times though they are on nearly 100% of the time when riding.

In my opinion I wouldn't pay the Denali premium for their lights but the bike came that way. I've installed auxiliary conspicuity and driving lights on other bikes and there are some very high quality light kits on Amazon and eBay for much less than premium name brand that are easily as bright and last as long as I own a bike. I'm not one to buy the cheapest just because I can but instead weigh quality vs cost.

Got new horseshoes on the Quarter horse... Michelin Road 5's. Was going to get it done Saturday, but shop foreman called and said he had an opening and could do it today so ...done!

Got 7,130 miles out of the stock Metzler Tourance's which had another couple of hundred miles left in them.

uggg I hate that stuff
Yup. Tolerable in pictures and clear plastic half-oval bubbles with water and scale models of The Magic Kingdom or Micky Mouse. Beyond that, intolerable.
These are a few years old now, but fairly common a few times per winter. In the photo taken from the end of the driveway, I'm standing across the street. The blade of the shovel is sitting on the ground in line with the end of the driveway, I would estimate the depth to be about 2 and a half feet of snow. There is about three times the amount of snow on the road between the plow cut and the end of the driveway than there is between the end of the driveway and the back of the cars. All told, probably 13 feet from the car to the plow cut. This all accumulated in one night. Needless to say, I was late to work that morning, where I had to move over 200 cubic foot of snow to get out.
IMG_20170214_0746210.jpgIMG_20170214_0723413.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back