2021 Zero DS: Dual-Sport Commuting With a Side of Trail Riding
The 2021 Zero DS is the little brother to the DSR and DSR/BF models found in their complete 2021 lineup. This bike is a great all-around dual-sport choice for riders seeking an economical choice when commuting with some room for trail riding on the weekends.
Fully manufactured in America, this dual-sport EV motorcycle comes in only one configuration featuring Zero’s ZF 7.2 kWh battery pack that allows for a combined range of 61 miles (98km) and a top speed of 98 mph (158kph). (if you want the 14.4 kWh version with close to double the total range, perhaps the DSR(/BF) may be a better option).
With the battery size being half-that found in the full-size DSR model, the 2021 Zero DS is the perfect commuter with its lightweight nature and ready-for-anything build style.
Although you’re sacrificing some total range when picking the DS over the DSR model, the bike can be fully recharged in 1.6 hours (0-100%) with all the max accessory charging options and 5.2 hours to 100% with standard charging. This means you can ride your bike to almost any destination and have it ready to go for your commute home.
The 2021 Zero DS starts at $10,995 USD / $14,495 CAD
On this page: we’ve curated specs, features, news, photos/videos, etc. so you can read up on the new 2021 Zero DS in one place.
- Price: $10,995 USD / $14,495 CAD
- Key Features:
- Standard ABS (Bosch Gen 9 ABS)
- 98 MPH (158 km/h) top speed
- Eco / Sport mode (fully customizable using Zero Motorcycles app)
- Passively air-cooled permanent magnet AC motor
- Fully adjustable front and rear suspension
- 61 mile (98 km) total combined range
- Five year unlimited mile power pack warranty
- Engine: 7.2 kWh Battery
- Power: 46 BHP
- Torque: 78 lb-ft
- Wet Weight: 317 lb (144 kg)
- Seat Height: 33.2 inches (843 mm) at lowest point
2021 Zero DS Specifications