• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022 NC750XD won't switch into Neutral

It doesn't really seem to be like your problem. My bike sometimes (10% of the time) would not go into neutral at a long stop light. That could be corrected by rocking the bike in gear to nudge the shift drum, I guess. Anyway, as time has passed, the problem seems to have just gone away. I just assume it was a mechanical tolerance issue that has worn-in maybe.... no dealer visits so far.

I have a 2023 model 2700 miles and this has happened to me twice in the last 600 miles or so Including last night at a gas station after a 100 mile ride. Pulled into the pumps, bike not moving, and would not go into neutral. Turned the bike off and it started in neutral and took off fine. Then I got it home (after about 10 miles) and it went into neutral after I stopped, but would not go back into drive. Turned it off, started back up and went into drive and I rode it into my garage. In motion it works fine (and I use standard and sport modes in automatic and manual). Going to have my dealer add some lighting and will ask them to take a look.

Let me know how that works out. My bike still occasionally refuses to go into Neutral when trying to shut down, but I have never had an issue with it not going into Drive. My Dealer tried to get a corrective response from the factory last year, but they would never respond. So, whenever this happens, I just switch the key off and then back on and off again to ensure the bike is in Neutral (in case I need to move the bike around or clean the chain... should be in Neutral). It's just more of a nuisance since I never switch to Neutral except when I go to shutdown. Like you, I would be more concerned if it won't switch into Drive sometimes.

I will post an update when I have news - I’m trying to weigh riding time vs time in the shop. Not a great choice to make during riding season. I‘ve been thinking about my manual transmission bike (Yamaha FZ6) and how occasionally it would be stubborn about getting into neutral every once in a while. Maybe this is the same thing - but it feels more dire because the DCT works so well the majority of the time and the only thing we can do about it is stare at it and push a button or turn it off. I don’t put it into neutral at stoplights and always attempt to put it in neutral prior to shutting the engine down.

Same thing happened yesterday after roughly 120 mile ride. I stopped at a rest area and it would not go into neutral. Because I made a frunk knob I was able to take a video (can't upload it here apparently) but I will share with my dealer. Upon startup (and in motion) the DCT works perfectly.

It doesn't really seem to be like your problem. My bike sometimes (10% of the time) would not go into neutral at a long stop light. That could be corrected by rocking the bike in gear to nudge the shift drum, I guess. Anyway, as time has passed, the problem seems to have just gone away. I just assume it was a mechanical tolerance issue that has worn-in maybe.... no dealer visits so far.
Why put it in neutral at the stop light?

Let me know how that works out. My bike still occasionally refuses to go into Neutral when trying to shut down, but I have never had an issue with it not going into Drive. My Dealer tried to get a corrective response from the factory last year, but they would never respond. So, whenever this happens, I just switch the key off and then back on and off again to ensure the bike is in Neutral (in case I need to move the bike around or clean the chain... should be in Neutral). It's just more of a nuisance since I never switch to Neutral except when I go to shutdown. Like you, I would be more concerned if it won't switch into Drive sometimes.
What do you mean by trying to shut down the bike? Ignition switch or emergency stop switch. Which one do you use?

I put the bike in Neutral and then turn off the Ignition switch. Maybe 10-20% of the time, it won't go into Neutral, so I just have to turn off the Ignition. I never use the emergency stop switch, except as a quick kill switch.

I had the same experience with my nc750x, it happened a couple of times a few weeks ago and then it happened twice yesterday... i think it can be related to very hot conditions of the clutch since yesterday it was around 40 dec celsius
btw, my bike has 6500km (sorry for km and celsius :)

to be clearer, it doesn't switch to neutral when i park but if i turn the key off and then on again it works!
...and i also switch to neutral on some long red traffic lights because i don't want the clutch to operate if i just move a bit the gas handle

Back