• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022 NT1100

It looks like a nice bike, but not for me. I just traded in my 2018 Goldwing Non-Tour DCT in for my 2022 NC750X and loving the NC. Couple of years ago I traded in my Africa Twin DCT for the Goldwing. All great bikes, but for my style of riding, the NC is the perfect bike and the most fun to ride. Well, it will be when I get a few more updates. Have already put on a Givi windscreen, SW-Motech foot pegs and Oxford Heated Grips. Later this week I will be installing SW-Motech bar back risers. Have Shad top case rack on order (already own the SH58X top case). So the one thing I still need to do is change the seat. Haven't figured out which seat to go with yet but it's a must do. The NT1100 looks like a fine bike. I'd much prefer the shaft drive on the Goldwing vs the chain.

So who is thinking about the new NT1100 as their next purchase besides me?
On paper, and based on reviews I have read/seen, it is the perfect bike for me. Some dealers are saying it will still be announced in the US market with electronic adjustable suspension, six axis IMU, etc., around June of this year. I want to believe them, but I am not convinced it would be the best time for a successful launch.

I'll eat my hat if that happens.
Yup. I think your hat is safe. If not, I’m good with you munching away unless it’s a Gator’s hat!

Kidding aside…do you mean you’d be surprised at a June announcement or that it would have the ES and IMU? Or maybe all?

I wasn't a supporter of ABS brakes on motorcycles, a motorcyclist is suppose to learn how to ride his or her bike and not rely on electronics. I have now owned several bikes with it and can see its benefits. Traction control? If you do not know you shouldn't use hard throttle on a wet or sandy road then maybe you aren't ready to be a motorcyclist. But some bikes have more power than they should, and it helps. But I now see all this stuff on low powered bikes like a NC750X, Lets please keep it simple.

I wasn't a supporter of ABS brakes on motorcycles, a motorcyclist is suppose to learn how to ride his or her bike and not rely on electronics. I have now owned several bikes with it and can see its benefits. Traction control? If you do not know you shouldn't use hard throttle on a wet or sandy road then maybe you aren't ready to be a motorcyclist. But some bikes have more power than they should, and it helps. But I now see all this stuff on low powered bikes like a NC750X, Lets please keep it simple.
I see your point and don’t disagree. But those younger than us, beginning to ride today, may not even have access to a machine that excludes electronic safety controls. I’m thinking it’s safe to say most modern bikes do. Funny you mention low power bikes. I have a Yamaha Xmax 300. It has traction control with about 27 HP. Agreed it’s not necessary, generally, with low power but it did kick in once with sand on pavement.

I'm still in the anti-electronic-safety-mechanism corner. I care nothing for abs, traction control, wheelie control, and whatever other crap they can put on bikes. But that's just me. If someone else loves all of that, I have no issue with it. I just rather not have anything interfere with me and the motorcycle.

As for the NT1100, I was kinda let down with the styling of it. I was anticipating something with more sporty styling like the NC but based around the Africa Twin platform. I think, at this point, I'd just settle for an Africa Twin Adventure Sports if it weren't for the $18k price tag. The base Africa Twin would be perfect with some suspension tweaking for the street and if there was a fail-safe way of making the tube-type wheels tubeless tire ready, so I could run good street tires. I know they make kits to glue up the spoke holes inside the wheel, but I'm not sure how I feel about the longevity of that mod.

Meh, although I'd thoroughly enjoy the power of the AT or the NT, I'll probably just stick with the NC for its handling and tire options.

I hope you get it in the US. In the flesh, without the panniers it is much more appealing than in the photos and videos. I would be extremely surprised if the suspension and electronics get upgraded for North America though.

Its a nice bike. However my recent test ride didn't motivate me to replace my 2016 Strom 1000 with one.

OH? why? what didn't you like about it?

Copied from my post on a related thread on here.......

I had a short test ride on the NT1100 today. It is a nice refined motorcycle, well equipped, handles well, turns well, carries its weight well, accelerates well, has comfortable suspension and has good protection from screen and fairing. I rode it back to back with my 2016 Strom1000.

It is more refined than my Strom overall, and better equipped as standard. Will one displace my Strom ? Nope.

What did I not like ?

Overly complex switch gear and the need to carry the handbook at all times to figure it all out.

The motor is good but the Strom is stronger in the useable rev range.

The DCT system does not function as smoothly as it does on my 2017 X-Adv.

I am glad to have ridden it and I believe it should be a good seller for Honda over these parts. I didn't feel inspired by it though, and was as happy as ever blatting along on the backroads on my Strom on the way home.

Copied from my post on a related thread on here.......

I had a short test ride on the NT1100 today. It is a nice refined motorcycle, well equipped, handles well, turns well, carries its weight well, accelerates well, has comfortable suspension and has good protection from screen and fairing. I rode it back to back with my 2016 Strom1000.

It is more refined than my Strom overall, and better equipped as standard. Will one displace my Strom ? Nope.

What did I not like ?

Overly complex switch gear and the need to carry the handbook at all times to figure it all out.

The motor is good but the Strom is stronger in the useable rev range.

The DCT system does not function as smoothly as it does on my 2017 X-Adv.

I am glad to have ridden it and I believe it should be a good seller for Honda over these parts. I didn't feel inspired by it though, and was as happy as ever blatting along on the backroads on my Strom on the way home.
well thank you sir, we don't have it here yet, don't know when it will come, so i will wait till Dec., if its not here then another goldwing i will buy lol

I gave a deposit in Jan and still waiting for a NC750. The dealer doesn't even call me anymore.
Meanwhile, since January, other forum members took home their new 2022 NC750X. Your situation with your particular dealer seems to be a unique case. If I was that dealer and already had free use of your money for 5 months, I wouldn’t see any reason to call you, either.

I gave a deposit in Jan and still waiting for a NC750. The dealer doesn't even call me anymore.
I went through the same thing, gave them my deposit in may did not get the bike until Aug. and then, it wasn't the one i wanted. I took it anyway and was glad i did. that was a 2018 liked it so much i got a 2020 dct 2yrs later.

Back