• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a break in the weather my area is experiencing 41F and rain, i carefully uncovered the NC and cautiously rode it to the front of the garage and covered it/me with a popup Canopy(it's raining). Today(finally), i decided to install the DominatoR exhaust i purchased last year form a member here. AND.... Wow does it sound good! I sure like it and can hardly wait for more snow/ice to leave my local roads so i can take it for a quick ride hehe!!! :{)

Jan 12th 2022 NC in receeding snow.jpginstalling new DominatoR exhaust2.jpginstalling new DominatoR exhaust4.jpg

I failed to make a quick sound bite for the stock mufflered exhaust, then stock pipe/Cat with muffler removed, then the new Cat-less pipe and no muffler. I did however make a quick sound bite with the new pipe with the DominatoR muffler installed, but i am having issues transferring it from my old i6 to my email so i can upload it here. Though it sure sounds great on the phone and in person, haha, very happy with it. :{)

We’d been having a spell of warmer-than-usual weather for January and were expecting a 60* day. Looked like a nice day for a ride.

But it could be even better - all I needed to do was get to a lower elevation and enjoy an even warmer day. Fortunately, that’s not hard to do.

So it was over Iron Springs Pass at a bit over 6000 ft., then down into Skull Valley, and headed toward Bagdad (yep, that’s a real place – and an active copper mine). Turned off the pavement at the small hamlet of Hillside and rode the dirt & washboard that’s Date Creek Rd to Congress, ending up at just over 3000 ft and temps just shy of 70*.

This area is kind of on the northern limit of the Sonora Desert – not much vegetation around but I did see a few Saguaro cactus, lookin’ kinda marginal, and one really scruffy Joshua tree.

P1060650.JPG

Returning home, I had to climb up 3000+ ft of elevation in a short stretch of mountains then a relatively flat valley followed by another, steeper set of mountains. Some really nice curvy bits to ride there.

P1060651.JPG

A bit over 100 miles total, 20 of it on dirt/gravel/washboard

It was nice to get back on to the bike today. The snow melted enough that the home minister allowed me to commute to work again. It has been almost a month icy conditions. I sympathize with those of you who have longer Winters.

Too cold and ugly outside today. But Tuesday is supposed to warm up to 38(F) degrees. The snow is off the roads. We might have some sunshine peek out from behind clouds for a bit. I'm itching to get back out on the bike. Tuesday may be the day I go for a short ride.

Not looking for 100 mile run. More like 15 to 25 miles, perhaps stop and get some coffee and then back home. So an hour, maybe 2? Enough to clear the cobwebs from the mind. I have thick gore-tex over-pants, heated jacket, winter moto gloves so I rarely get cold on shorter rides ... but I typically end up with a cold neck. Even wearing a neck gaiter.

I just hope the high temp of the day and the sunshine both coordinate to give me a reasonable riding window.

Nothing, no motorcycle riding today, but I did get to ride my Honda quad

fAe4SFah.jpg

Today we hit a high temperature of around 45F, so I got a nice 45 mile ride in on the NC700X. It turned over 58,000 miles on the odo today, and I filled it with a fresh tank of fuel.

I also snuck in about 8 miles each on the CRF250L, and the Zero DSR. The CRF gas tank was already full, and I ran a few fresh electrons through the DSR’s battery pack. I had ridden the Goldwing a few days ago, so that means all four street bikes got out on the road in January this year. The weather forecast says we won’t even get above freezing for the next 9 days, so today may be the last riding day for a little while.

Still too much ice and snow on the roads to ride, and now they are saying another winter storm is coming Wednesday into Thursday morning. Uggg

Nothing, no motorcycle riding today, but I did get to ride my Honda quad

fAe4SFah.jpg

I have fond memories of my one and only quad. It was a Yamaha Wolverine and of course I had some learning to get the best out of it. I had one close shave with serious injury but that was my own fault of course. Had a ball on it though. In the end it was displaced by a KTM 950SM.

Well today was the day. It was clear enough and the past rain was enough to clear the way to get the NC uncovered and out for some much needed work. So, i finally got the DominatoR cat-less pipe/exhaust on, also added the Oxford Heated grips and of course i couldn't help but to add the hippo hands as well. With all of these on i of course had to take it out for a spin and grabbed a few grocery items. Wow it sounds incredible, i really like the tone/sound of the DominatoR exhaust. I used the grips on #2 setting and they were plenty warm with my bare hands. Though the draw-string closures don't seal very well on the muffs. I'll have to figure out something to get them to seal better, totally unacceptable as they are now.

IMG_8045[3725].JPGIMG_8046[3727].JPG

Swapped the battery tender from one bike to the other. Not much, but gives me something motorcycle related to do every few weeks in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back