• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a 75 mile ride through the twisty’s of PA, then went to the lake, finally the fireworks display our neighborhood put on.
There may have been drinking after the food truck before the walk down to the fireworks… Not while riding though!!!

Attachments

• 4392AB1E-9DE4-40CD-B2F4-2611183EFD83.jpeg
    4392AB1E-9DE4-40CD-B2F4-2611183EFD83.jpeg
    878.3 KB · Views: 4
I rode a couple of hundred miles round trip for an ice cream cone down in Harrison Idaho at their local Creamery. Great ride, thoroughly enjoyed the solo ride day. ...and i netted 74mpg, not bad for all of the hard pulls through the twisty lake road! :{)

Last edited:
Working towards fitting the YSS shock. As usual there is the bodywork removal pain to be endured :mad:

Not sure if it too late, but NC750 Stuff's channel on youtube shows how to remove the shock without removing the body panels. I saw it too late.
Griff owns an X-ADV. I wonder if NC750 Stuff covers three generations of NC body styles plus the Forza and X-Adv. I haven’t actually looked at the Youtube channel.

Griff owns an X-ADV. I wonder if NC750 Stuff covers three generations of NC body styles plus the Forza and X-Adv. I haven’t actually looked at the Youtube channel.
Probably not. The publisher seems pretty bright. Considering that, I feel he would have named his channel "Three Generations of NC Body Styles Plus the Forza and X-Adv Stuff Channel." But who knows?

Installed the sub wiring harness, 12v power jack, and ran the wires for the heated grips.
I need glue for the left grip so I didn't actually install the grips themselves, and I need to put it back together.
Way too many fasteners and not all of them are the same.

Did basic maintenance (chain, tires), changed the headlight to LED, and changed the battery, before heading to Yosemite next weekend.
Now, I just need to figure out how to get through the Central Valley without roasting. Forecast there is essentially 100F Fri-Sun.
Can't change my hotel room (they're booked solid, given that you need a booking to get into the park these days), so I'm gonna have to ride early/late to avoid the heat. Yay for white gear, I guess.

Got tired of the factory seat, so I did a DIY seat cover with some leather and a little extra foam for comfort.

Attachments

• 998911BE-6FD2-4F5F-A153-3A31794E3FED.jpeg
    998911BE-6FD2-4F5F-A153-3A31794E3FED.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
Not sure if it too late, but NC750 Stuff's channel on youtube shows how to remove the shock without removing the body panels. I saw it too late.
Thanks for that. There is a Youtube channel specific to the X-Adv tho. It was helpful but still the job is a pain. If I didn't love this motorcycle as much as I do it would be gone ages ago. The more pain and suffering it causes me the more I have to keep it :oops:

Folowing on on the shock replacement. Story to give y'all a laugh. Normally the whole back end should come off the bike to access the shock top bolt. However a Swedish chap on the ADV forum found a way in by only removing some bodywork and pushing some aside. It works. Got the old shock out. Got the new one in and got the bolt thru. Now the delicate bit. Fishing the nut in thru a long tunnell and getting it onto the threads, held in a socket on the end of a long section of bar. Tried once and dropped it. Found it. Tried again and dropped it. Gone !!! Nowhere to be seen. I spose I deserved a kick up my elderley backside for not jamming the nut more securely in the socket. Searched to no avail. Eventually I had to pull the shock out again. Hand up the tunnel and found an oval hole in the swingarm facing the gearbox. Checked the other side and sure enough there was a similar hole grommeted. Fingers in and there was the nut. Not easy to get out and if I was not careful it could have recessed further in. Got it anyway and got the job done. nThat added an extra hour to the job.

Not finished yet. When tightening up the bolts on the lower linkage I suddenly find that the lower shock bolt is suddenly behind the tie arm. Hmm. It hadn't been there when I took off the OEM. Only one conclusion. The new shock is shorter than the original and indeed it is by 10mm. As it had been billed on the YSS ad as a stock item replacement, it hadn't occurred to me to compare. I am now in communication with YSS about a solution. I am a big fan of YSS equipment and hopefully they will find a solution. They have responded positively so far.

Folowing on on the shock replacement. Story to give y'all a laugh. Normally the whole back end should come off the bike to access the shock top bolt. However a Swedish chap on the ADV forum found a way in by only removing some bodywork and pushing some aside. It works. Got the old shock out. Got the new one in and got the bolt thru. Now the delicate bit. Fishing the nut in thru a long tunnell and getting it onto the threads, held in a socket on the end of a long section of bar. Tried once and dropped it. Found it. Tried again and dropped it. Gone !!! Nowhere to be seen. I spose I deserved a kick up my elderley backside for not jamming the nut more securely in the socket. Searched to no avail. Eventually I had to pull the shock out again. Hand up the tunnel and found an oval hole in the swingarm facing the gearbox. Checked the other side and sure enough there was a similar hole grommeted. Fingers in and there was the nut. Not easy to get out and if I was not careful it could have recessed further in. Got it anyway and got the job done. nThat added an extra hour to the job.

Not finished yet. When tightening up the bolts on the lower linkage I suddenly find that the lower shock bolt is suddenly behind the tie arm. Hmm. It hadn't been there when I took off the OEM. Only one conclusion. The new shock is shorter than the original and indeed it is by 10mm. As it had been billed on the YSS ad as a stock item replacement, it hadn't occurred to me to compare. I am now in communication with YSS about a solution. I am a big fan of YSS equipment and hopefully they will find a solution. They have responded positively so far.
Oops. Hopefully it is set to rights soon.

Maybe I’m being a bit dense today, but it seems to me all you have to do is to move the swing arm up or down to align the bolt and make the new shock fit.

Maybe I’m being a bit dense today, but it seems to me all you have to do is to move the swing arm up or down to align the bolt and make the new shock fit.

Yep, hate to say this but perhaps have a further think on my dilemma. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back