• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a very rare occasion that I see anyone wearing all their gear. Probably more than half don’t wear helmets. I got passed by a couple yesterday, tank tops and flip flops. My mesh gear really isn’t all that hot. After seeing all the bugs on my face shield, no way would I have done that without a helmet.

It is a very rare occasion that I see anyone wearing all their gear. Probably more than half don’t wear helmets. I got passed by a couple yesterday, tank tops and flip flops. My mesh gear really isn’t all that hot. After seeing all the bugs on my face shield, no way would I have done that without a helmet.
I agree, I see the same thing here too!

On saturday I went for an awesome 250+ mile bumpy twisty technical backroad ride with my brother. He was on his 1200 gs BMW. WE meet in Pollock pines and went up HWY 50 to Ice House road and took that all the way up to Loon Lake than to Gerle Creek Res. , Most of the riding was from 6-7000' soit was a little cold when we started. After stopping at Gerle we back tracked Ice House to Wentworth Springs road, which is some of the smoothest twisty pavement anywhere. and we tickled our toes thru the tight turns, than we turned on 11pines rd ( bumpy forest road )and took it north towards French Meadows Res, but turned of and took a really bumpy forest road to Hell Hole Res and back. Had to stand on pegs for most of the 8 miles each way to hell hole. than continued another 20= miles to french meadows and turned on Mosquito Ridge road (40+ miles of really technical twisties to Foresthill for lunch. After lunch continued down foresthill rd towards Auburn and hooked up w Hwy 49 thru coloma and back to Hwy 50 in PLacerville, Chicken strips are pretty much non existant at this point
Than yesterday I adjusted my valves and today I've been cutting back foam in my seat to get rid of slope and putting a gel insert in cavity , feels pretty good so far and if it saves me $400 or s for a custom seat, that money will go into suspension

Looks like the chain is finally worn to the replace point. Should probably do it this weekend. The back end was feeling a little different which caused me to do the inspection. Loose estimate at 42k km out of the DID chain. Slightly more than stock.

Saw some oil on the rear shock so wiped it down.
View attachment 50263
Pumped the rear suspension 10 times and it appears to have some leakage. Based on this do I need to be shopping for a new shock?
View attachment 50264
Most likely. I had oil appear on the bottom eyelet of my stock shock. Then I lost damping. The stock shock, luckily, is not rebuildable.

I say luckily because it is not a high quality system. The failure of my stock shock induced me to shop around, and I ended up with a Cogent Dynamics suspension on the recommendation of some members of this forum. I couldn't be happier with the service and product. There are of course other options that may suit your budget or needs better.

I had always thought the stock bib was adequate, even pretty good. It's not. An upgrade will reveal it in short order. It's more than mere comfort, it's a whole new connection to the road.

I finally had time for my 56k service. This is now the fourth major interval I have done. I got everything done in about three and a half hours of total garage time, which includes futzing around looking for my head. And that darn socket. Just where did I put it‽

One intake valve and one exhaust valve seem looser than I had set them last but they were well within tolerance so I didn't adjust anything. I had adjusted a few on my first service way back at 16k. Everything has been solid since. What an easy-going bike.

I suppose this is where I wax poetic about all the things I've learned through this motorcycle. But I suspect y'all have already arrived at those conclusions. Some of you have ridden longer than I have been alive :p

I did notice some odd corrosion in my radiator. I should have snapped a photo. The paint/coating is delaminating on the interior. Both of the lower ports. Very curious stuff. I removed the 'skin' where it protruded. Hopefully I hit 72k soon, I will want to keep an eye on this

I finished reshaping the front seat and installed a 1cm gel pad in a pocket that I cut into the foam and covered that w a layer of upholstery than recovered w stock cover. It feels pretty good , lower , fwd slope is gone and firm. Guess I'll take it on a 100-150 mile ride and see how it feels , Think I'll do %0 to placerville than 193 to georgetown than Wentworth springs to Ice House and than back to Uncle tom and back to Ice House a couple times ( Best curvy smooth road around ) than down Ice House to 50 and back tp Pollock Pines

I finished reshaping the front seat and installed a 1cm gel pad in a pocket that I cut into the foam and covered that w a layer of upholstery than recovered w stock cover. It feels pretty good , lower , fwd slope is gone and firm. Guess I'll take it on a 100-150 mile ride and see how it feels , Think I'll do %0 to placerville than 193 to georgetown than Wentworth springs to Ice House and than back to Uncle tom and back to Ice House a couple times ( Best curvy smooth road around ) than down Ice House to 50 and back tp Pollock Pines
Any pics of the seat conversion?

Most likely. I had oil appear on the bottom eyelet of my stock shock. Then I lost damping. The stock shock, luckily, is not rebuildable.

I say luckily because it is not a high quality system. The failure of my stock shock induced me to shop around, and I ended up with a Cogent Dynamics suspension on the recommendation of some members of this forum. I couldn't be happier with the service and product. There are of course other options that may suit your budget or needs better.

I had always thought the stock bib was adequate, even pretty good. It's not. An upgrade will reveal it in short order. It's more than mere comfort, it's a whole new connection to the road.
What did youpay for the shock and did you do the fork cartridges also

Last night, I managed to find an extra push-rivet! I always use the 'tray' around the gas filler as a parts holder when disassembling the bike's plastics, and a push rivet had fallen into the area under the rear seat.

This morning, I managed to lose THREE (!) push rivets into the inner recesses of the bike putting it back together. Sigh. I found two on top of the engine, so I guess it is a net zero gain/loss...

I didn't want to pay 100 - 150 euro for a center-stand to do chain maintenance, simple solution, a left-over bicycle seatpost, lol!
Also noticed a little kink in my chain, it's the OEM 12000km, my thought this is still "alright"? I just need to keep an eye on it?
Or should it be replaced?

Attachments

• 1661525227028.jpg
    1661525227028.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 1661525227014.jpg
    1661525227014.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 1662047402744.jpg
    1662047402744.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 13
I didn't want to pay 100 - 150 euro for a center-stand to do chain maintenance, simple solution, a left-over bicycle seatpost, lol!
Also noticed a little kink in my chain, it's the OEM 12000km, my thought this is still "alright"? I just need to keep an eye on it?
Or should it be replaced?
My DID VX2 chain has a couple kinks in it like that at a around 17000 km. I don’t worry about them. I plan to get maybe 25000 to 28000 km before chain replacement. Your OEM chain probably won’t last that long but a few small kinks won’t hurt it for now.

My DID VX2 chain has a couple kinks in it like that at a around 17000 km. I don’t worry about them. I plan to get maybe 25000 to 28000 km before chain replacement. Your OEM chain probably won’t last that long but few small kinks won’t hurt it for

My DID VX2 chain has a couple kinks in it like that at a around 17000 km. I don’t worry about them. I plan to get maybe 25000 to 28000 km before chain replacement. Your OEM chain probably won’t last that long but few small kinks won’t hurt it for now.
I replaced my OEM O-ring chain/sprocket set yesterday after 20.000 km. Rust began to show up on ať few links. Front sprocket was worn out. The new chain is an X-ring, how long will it last.....

Just returned yesterday from the CB 1100 rally in Maggie Valley NC where I rode the Dragon, the Rattler, Moonshiner 28, the BRP, thru Smoky Mts Natl Park, little River Road and the Foothills Parkway on a CB.

Got in a good ride on the NC this morning before the rain hit. Must say I really enjoyed the ride. The NC is so light and handles the curves so well, and the power even suited me on this morning's ride. Nice bike. Glad I bought it.

Just returned yesterday from the CB 1100 rally in Maggie Valley NC where I rode the Dragon, the Rattler, Moonshiner 28, the BRP, thru Smoky Mts Natl Park, little River Road and the Foothills Parkway on a CB.

Got in a good ride on the NC this morning before the rain hit. Must say I really enjoyed the ride. The NC is so light and handles the curves so well, and the power even suited me on this morning's ride. Nice bike. Glad I bought it.
I rode about 100 miles up through the Gap & around Blue Mountain.
982FD16C-8B08-4072-B545-719775CF3F31.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back