• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
52 mile rain bath today. Wasn't too bad. Rained 1/2 the night and up until 3 pm thanks to remnants of Hurricane Nicole I'm told, but slacked off to a light drizzle. Used that opportunity to get out for an hour or so. Only had 2 whitetail bucks cross the road in front of me and 1 doe that thought about it and ran back into the woods. Geez the forest rats are active right now.

Last edited:
Washed and winterised the bike; it's unseasonably warm in England today and with blue skies I washed her thoroughly, followed with a good coat of ACF-50 all over. I ride all through the year as it my way to work - so let's try and get it through with as little rust risk as possible :)

...of course, now it's been cleaned, it's sitting there begging for me to go ride it somewhere ...I guess I'd better go get my jacket...

another milestone on this morning's 36 degrees and raining 43 mile ride

uYujKCJh.jpg

So I might need to wash it again ...but it was a good couple-hundred mile ride this afternoon! Never been to West Kennet long barrow before, a burial site over five-thousand years old in Wiltshire. It's a stones throw (pardon the pun) from Avebury Rings, a stone circle, and overlooks Silbury Hill, a prehistoric artificial chalk mound.

Nothing like blowing out the cobwebs with a good jaunt to a specific destination.

PXL_20221112_154442523.MP.jpgPXL_20221112_160320921.jpgPXL_20221112_160443522.jpgPXL_20221112_160631293.jpgPXL_20221112_160642456.jpgPXL_20221112_160105986.jpgPXL_20221112_162348141.jpg

I strained my back Tuesday evening unloading a recumbent exercise bike for my wife out of the back of the truck. Wednesday i could barely move. Had to walk all scrunched over and had to have a hand on the wall or dresser to walk. Couldn't walk without support. Thursday I could walk with a cane although I couldn't stand straight up. Friday I could walk without the cane and straight up although it was still a little painful . Today I was back on the bike. 34 degrees and sunny for the 43 mile ride. I was surprised on today's ride that they had salted here, apparently last night. Had to ride around lines of it on every hill. I won't see another bike out the rest of the year lol.

I strained my back Tuesday evening unloading a recumbent exercise bike for my wife out of the back of the truck. Wednesday i could barely move. Had to walk all scrunched over and had to have a hand on the wall or dresser to walk. Couldn't walk without support. Thursday I could walk with a cane although I couldn't stand straight up. Friday I could walk without the cane and straight up although it was still a little painful . Today I was back on the bike. 34 degrees and sunny for the 43 mile ride. I was surprised on today's ride that they had salted here, apparently last night. Had to ride around lines of it on every hill. I won't see another bike out the rest of the year lol.
I feel for you. Back pain sucks.

I rode down the coast to Daytona this morning to move an ST-Owners tag picture.

Though I of course wish you were not in pain, i still laughed at the tenacity you have! I don't know how anyone can do anything but appreciate your love of this sport, hobby, whatever you want to call it. Hoping you heal up soon. Mike

50 mile ride at 30 degrees F. First below freezing ride of this season.

There will be many more lol ...maybe even a below zero ride if it gets down that low. Lowest ride so far on the NC is 9 degrees F

I tested my tire plug kit, and tire pump last night. Picked up a nail.
Turning the last corner 4 miles from home I felt like I was hitting something in the road. Stopped to check and found the rear tire almost flat.
Always good to be prepared.

It‘s yet another rear tire flat example. The front tire likely flips up the nail, the rear tire gets punctured. I’ve had a few screws, staple, nails, and studs stuck in rear tires over the years. I can’t remember ever getting a flat or puncture in a front tire.

It‘s yet another rear tire flat example. The front tire likely flips up the nail, the rear tire gets punctured. I’ve had a few screws, staple, nails, and studs stuck in rear tires over the years. I can’t remember ever getting a flat or puncture in a front tire.
I agree the front tire likely flips up the foreign object. I've had plenty of rear flats and only one front puncture while riding. That was not an experience I want to repeat anytime soon. ST1300 and a sheet metal screw.

I agree the front tire likely flips up the foreign object. I've had plenty of rear flats and only one front puncture while riding. That was not an experience I want to repeat anytime soon. ST1300 and a sheet metal screw.

I’m not disagreeing and I’ve never had a flat on a motorcycle (though my tire kit has been used by others). Why does the front flip puncturing debris (generally) while the rear picks them up? Sincere question from my inner geek.

I’m not disagreeing and I’ve never had a flat on a motorcycle (though my tire kit has been used by others). Why does the front flip puncturing debris (generally) while the rear picks them up? Sincere question from my inner geek.
My guess, using a nail as an example, it that the more stable position of a nail is not with the point pointing up, but with the shank sideways, almost parallel to the ground. In that position it would not easily puncture a tire. However if the front tire contacts the nail and causes the nail to flip, roll, spin, etc, there is a chance the nail could briefly be positioned point-up to penetrate the rear tire.

My guess, using a nail as an example, it that the more stable position of a nail is not with the point pointing up, but with the shank sideways, almost parallel to the ground. In that position it would not easily puncture a tire. However if the front tire contacts the nail and causes the nail to flip, roll, spin, etc, there is a chance the nail could briefly be positioned point-up to penetrate the rear tire.

Ahh! Gotcha. Little bit of physics, lots of bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back