• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain is gone from SoCal, but after 5 inches in two days, it's a lot safer to give an extra day or two to clear the roads.
Between bad road drainage, crumbly Santa Monica mountains, and fires areas sliding easily even a couple years afterwards, those fun backroads can easily turn into an obstacle course around here. Magically, it's always halfway through a blind turn, too.

Last edited:
Now't just yet ...but got some spot lights to fit to my bike from Christmas and waiting on my good uncle to fabricate me a Denali-esque bar to go under the beak for the bargain cost of a few bottles of beer :)

It’s an international forum. As far as North America goes, it’s not too early for Newfies and other Atlantic Canadian provinces.
It was right on time for me! :D

My 700 and my Ninja 300 are tucked in the basement for their long winter's nap.
Going to do the fork seals on the NC some time before spring is here. I have a leaky left seal, the plastic wiper trick didn't seem to help and seal kits are affordable, so I figure it's about time. Dust seals are all cracked on both sides anyway.

It was right on time for me! :D

My 700 and my Ninja 300 are tucked in the basement for their long winter's nap.
Going to do the fork seals on the NC some time before spring is here. I have a leaky left seal, the plastic wiper trick didn't seem to help and seal kits are affordable, so I figure it's about time. Dust seals are all cracked on both sides anyway.
Speaking of fork seals, are you going to replace yours with Honda seals, or aftermarket? I have no problem with seal leaks, even after 9.5 years, but the forks have always had too much stiction. I wonder if there are aftermarket fork seals that would reduce seal friction.

Speaking of fork seals, are you going to replace yours with Honda seals, or aftermarket? I have no problem with seal leaks, even after 9.5 years, but the forks have always had too much stiction. I wonder if there are aftermarket fork seals that would reduce seal friction.
Uncertain, but likely aftermarket ones that are the same style as OEM. I can get an All Balls seal kit shipped to my door in under a week for less than $60. I imagine OEM would be more expensive.
I know some aftermarket seals are of a different style, a combo-dust-oil seal thing. Not sure how I feel about those, even though they may be perfectly acceptable.

Got up and was on the road at daybreak. 16 degrees for my 26 mile pleasure ride (although my fingertips would disagree with the pleasure part lol).. My typical winter riding gear, Freeze out base layer, warm n safe electric jacket liner, Cordura overpants and jacket, ski gloves, modular helmet

2 1/2 inches of snow today starting at 10 AM

Supposed to be colder tomorrow morning (10-11 degrees) but not sure what condition the roads will be in

The DCT trans performed perfectly

cJWLtJvh.jpg

Good for you! Suggest electric glove liners-that and heated grips makes a huge difference. A few years ago I left one morning at 17F for a 500 mile trip, the day got up to a balmy 39 then dropped to single digits. Last ride without heated gear

Good for you! Suggest electric glove liners-that and heated grips makes a huge difference. A few years ago I left one morning at 17F for a 500 mile trip, the day got up to a balmy 39 then dropped to single digits. Last ride without heated gear
Oldbear, on my previous bikes I had heated grips and handlebar muffs which kept my hands toasty warm, and I just got some Oxford heated grips for the NC and haven't had a chance to get them installed yet. I have electric glove liners that go with my jacket liner but they heat unevenly with the left being much cooler than the right, and in order to get the left hand comfortably warm I have to turn it up so high it burns the right, so I don't wear them.

In the interim I bought a pair of Weston Heated gloves, which were on sale for $99, but with the batteries in the cuffs they are too large to go inside my jacket sleeves and too small to go over, so they are going back.

The ski gloves are good down to about 30 for an all day ride, but are lacking below that. Tolerable for an hour, but that's about it lol.

Oldbear, on my previous bikes I had heated grips and handlebar muffs which kept my hands toasty warm, and I just got some Oxford heated grips for the NC and haven't had a chance to get them installed yet. I have electric glove liners that go with my jacket liner but they heat unevenly with the left being much cooler than the right, and in order to get the left hand comfortably warm I have to turn it up so high it burns the right, so I don't wear them.

In the interim I bought a pair of Weston Heated gloves, which were on sale for $99, but with the batteries in the cuffs they are too large to go inside my jacket sleeves and too small to go over, so they are going back.

The ski gloves are good down to about 30 for an all day ride, but are lacking below that. Tolerable for an hour, but that's about it lol.
I also sprung for a set of WINTER motorcycle boots after that trip

It was a crisp 50F this morning here though it dropped to 41 as I made my way inland from the warmer coast. LOL it's all relative... I think the 40s is COLD and I had my grips, Gerbing T3 gloves and Warm N Safe jacket all going - though not at 100%. I even clicked on the heated seat for a little while. I left 45 minutes before sunrise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back