• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That your 2013 rear pads were gone at 13,100 miles is quite surprising. As you know, I’m a gentle rider, but my 2012’s original rear pads went beyond 50,000 miles before they hit the wear limit and I changed them. Assuming the 2012 and 2013 pad materials were alike, your bike’s previous owner must have been a heavy rear brake user.
I agree. When I sold the 2015 at 35,000 miles the rear pads had lots and lots of life left.

I rode one day with the PO and he didn't strike me as an aggressive rider. As for any defects that might accelerate pad wear the caliper slide pins didn't really need cleaning and they were still lightly greased as if the caliper was working just fine. The brake rotor is not blued or otherwise showing any wear. I guess he relied mostly on rear brake.

I'm wondering if the PO liked to rest their toes on the pedals. Constant light brake application would wear them out much quicker than expected, and I know some people have a tendency to "cover" (lightly press) the brake pedal...
I dunno, riding the brake would likely overheat it and show as bluing of the brake rotor but who knows.

February 11, 2022. Riding with a friend. Homewood Alabama to Rusty's Barbecue in Leeds, Highway 25 to 231 to Logan Martin dam, Talladega for coffee, Highway 34, 78 back to Leeds to Buc-ee's Pump No.16 ( another story). Back to the house, about 200 miles. Perfect weather...

More snow overnight. Not much, but a nice frozen coating on the roads. Temps here are in the mid-teens(F).

Another day of not riding.

I installed the T-rex skid plate. Prior to installing, I measured the thickness of aluminum due to marketing questions. All alluminum plates measure 5/32 of an inch. Converts to approximately 3.9 mm thick.

The Honda center stand does contact the rear of the skid plate, so I ended up using a cutting disk to remove a small section for the center stand.

Overall, I’m pleased and am looking forward to more forestry roads now that I’m not worried about the case contacting the rocks.

49680162-12F0-4174-8614-F6B375789546.jpeg7AD890C7-21CB-4556-9925-5F7E1E3F1487.jpegA6AE0DA4-0809-4817-ADAD-05CDBC94B89E.jpeg7007BA2B-564F-448F-85F6-61441C912089.jpegAAA59101-2414-4017-A15C-842AEF1F1B79.jpeg

Went for a short trip to the grocery store right down the street. Took a short 25 mile detour through the winding roads in rural PA though….
50 today but 20-30 mph winds. I don’t have all the winter gear but my over pants, layering & motorcycle jacket were more than enough to keep me warm!

I installed the T-rex skid plate. Prior to installing, I measured the thickness of aluminum due to marketing questions. All alluminum plates measure 5/32 of an inch. Converts to approximately 3.9 mm thick.

The Honda center stand does contact the rear of the skid plate, so I ended up using a cutting disk to remove a small section for the center stand.

Overall, I’m pleased and am looking forward to more forestry roads now that I’m not worried about the case contacting the rocks.

View attachment 48272View attachment 48273View attachment 48274View attachment 48275View attachment 48276
That is a nice looking skid plate. I see what appears to be a maintenance access panel. Can an oil and filter change be done without removing the whole skid plate? Did you happen to weigh the skid plate before you installed it?

That is a nice looking skid plate. I see what appears to be a maintenance access panel. Can an oil and filter change be done without removing the whole skid plate? Did you happen to weigh the skid plate before you installed it?
The shipping weight was 11 pounds. I did not weigh the plate or hardware separate from the box.
The access panel allows for the filter to be changed without removing the skid plate. The drain bolt is easily accessible through a cutout on the base.

The ease of oil change, the way the plate mounts to the frame and the amount of coverage were the selling points that helped me make the decision.

Last edited:
The shipping weight was 11 pounds. I did not weigh the plate or hardware separate from the box.
The access panel allows for the filter to be changed without removing the skid plate. The drain bolt is easily accessible through a cutout on the base.

The ease of oil change, the way the plate mounts to the frame and the amount of coverage we’re the selling points that helped me make the decision.
Thanks for the information. The oil drain plug access does not appear large. Can a socket on a torque wrench be used on the drain plug with the skid plate installed?

Post#186 Like the skid plate, thought about one but being a street rider will not purchase. Did the horn update like you will recommend turning the opening downward to stop water entry. Brakes last me 15K (yes I am a heavy breaker) after 2 factory sets went for the full sintered EBC which work great but destroy the rotors. Most rear breakers fear the front even with anti-lock and or have a passenger that will complain about being thrown foward. Would not recommend using anything to clean/polish the pistons that will actually scratch them the micro finish is critical to their function. If the pistons are unable to be cleaned with anything more than a clean rag and brake fluid they should be replaced along with the o-rings and the dust seals. Not trying to put anyone down here just want to add to the info being given. Have seen too much over the years not to say something. Cant say how many Master, wheel, calipers I have rebuilt over the years but I do not want anyone to get hurt here.

Installed Nav on my 2015 NCX700X.
I had an old Garmin Nuvi 50 sitting in a box since I just use my phone in my car. I found an Arkon Mount on Amazon that worked with the factory ball socket. Then I bought a USB plug from Batter Tender that works with my trickle charger cable that was already installed.
Works great!

Attachments

• B2832873-D848-4AC7-832D-B355236A0C15.jpeg
    B2832873-D848-4AC7-832D-B355236A0C15.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 20
  • A027BF48-B6BE-4EF6-84A4-BF46B3ED8D67.jpeg
    A027BF48-B6BE-4EF6-84A4-BF46B3ED8D67.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Installed Nav on my 2015 NCX700X.
I had an old Garmin Nuvi 50 sitting in a box since I just use my phone in my car. I found an Arkon Mount on Amazon that worked with the factory ball socket. Then I bought a USB plug from Batter Tender that works with my trickle charger cable that was already installed.
Works great!
I left the USB out for the pic, but it tucks nicely into the frunk with just the Garmin cord sticking out the top…

Thanks for the information. The oil drain plug access does not appear large. Can a socket on a torque wrench be used on the drain plug with the skid plate installed?
I can not fit a 3/8 inch ratchet and socket. I can fit a 1/4 inch ratchet and socket. However, since I replace the crush washer at each oil change, I will use a wrench.
8B35EFC4-EA94-4944-83D7-2942BDB241C3.jpeg

I can not fit a 3/8 inch ratchet and socket. I can fit a 1/4 inch ratchet and socket. However, since I replace the crush washer at each oil change, I will use a wrench.
View attachment 48316

Thanks for that report and photo. Although people differ on the subject, I use a torque wrench when tightening any engine faster, including the oil drain plug. That does look like a nice skid plate, and I would guess that oil drain plug access hole could easily be enlarged to accommodate a torque wrench and socket.

Thanks for that report and photo. Although people differ on the subject, I use a torque wrench when tightening any engine faster, including the oil drain plug. That does look like a nice skid plate, and I would guess that oil drain plug access hole could easily be enlarged to accommodate a torque wrench and socket.
Until you mentioned enlarging the access, the thought never crossed my mind. I may use the 1/4 inch torque wrench, but I do not have a 12mm socket in 1/4 inch. If I do invest in one, I will post a pic of it in the access.
Thank you.

Until you mentioned enlarging the access, the thought never crossed my mind. I may use the 1/4 inch torque wrench, but I do not have a 12mm socket in 1/4 inch. If I do invest in one, I will post a pic of it in the access.
Thank you.
Same here, I have a 1/4“ drive torque wrench that would handle the appropriate torque setting, but no 1/4” drive 12 mm socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back