• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so yesterday i went for a short 45 mile ride, brisk but nice! I am noticing a severe drop in mpg's though with this new de-cat pipe and believe i have located the terrible issue. I have noticed an often but yet tremendous tendency to be in "S" mode and roll the throttle and rip through the gear listening to that Brap Brap! So the issue i located, is the loose nut behind the bars roflol!!!

Pulled my wheel off to replace my rear bearings. Broke one of those rubber dampeners somehow after it fell out of the chainring spider and landed on the ground.

Then I remembered the last time I did my bearings I did it at my buddy's and I only have bearing install tools. I don't even have a long screwdriver to shadetree the bearings out.

Stuffs on backorder till mid March. :rolleyes:

Pulled my wheel off to replace my rear bearings. Broke one of those rubber dampeners somehow after it fell out of the chainring spider and landed on the ground.

Then I remembered the last time I did my bearings I did it at my buddy's and I only have bearing install tools. I don't even have a long screwdriver to shadetree the bearings out.

Stuffs on backorder till mid March. :rolleyes:
Schedule 40 pvc through the inside of the wheel and a mallet tapping will push the bearing out if in a pinch. If you have to wait that long for a bearing puller.

Years ago I had luck finding a small bearing puller at a local auto store.

Just trying to help.

Went for a short 25 mile trip at 37 degrees. I don’t have all the correct winter gear, no electric heated jacket or gloves. With some layering, my motorcycle jacket with the zip in liner & over pants I did ok. Definitely need a warmer neck gaiter though…

I hobbled out to the bike to check on the battery maintainer. The last ice storm we had, I slipped and fell on my steps and hyperextended and twisted my knee, so no riding for a few more days...been 10 days since it happened and I now can place full weight on my leg-nothing broken....just twisted, bruised, battered...

I hobbled out to the bike to check on the battery maintainer. The last ice storm we had, I slipped and fell on my steps and hyperextended and twisted my knee, so no riding for a few more days...been 10 days since it happened and I now can place full weight on my leg-nothing broken....just twisted, bruised, battered...

I had a nice 600+ mile weekend. Rode up to SW'ern Va to see family & friends for my long, 3-day'er and got some good riding in as well:).

Took the opportunity to ride up on the Knob to the hunting cabin Sunday and meandered some on the way back yesterday - getting pics at Hungry Mother State Park (Va) Overlook and was able to cover some of the MABDR Section-1, from Marion to Damascus. Sorry for the lack of photos - I'm trying to teach myself to stop more, I just enjoy the ride so much! The Knob was a bit challenging for me with packed snow in a few places (& not the best tires for it, Dunlop Trailmax D409's) and some very steep sections, bike did well thought - I now have a better idea of what my bike can do with some load and am confident can do the full MABDR later this year. I do need to remember to take my cover though, when I'm not going to have it sleeping in garage overnight, at least to keep the frost off the bike.Hungry Mother State Park VA Overlook northward-20220221.JPGfrost on bike.jpg

Attachments

• Hungry Mother State Park VA Overlook southward-20220221.JPG
    Hungry Mother State Park VA Overlook southward-20220221.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • MABDR Overlook at Horseshoe Bend-White Top Mtn.jpg
    MABDR Overlook at Horseshoe Bend-White Top Mtn.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 7
  • return route.png
    return route.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • route.png
    route.png
    964.5 KB · Views: 6
After looking at this forecast for tonight, I went into the garage to look at my NC, and cried!
Those temps are in Fahrenheit.
Tonight, -33F
With windchill, -54F.
OMG!

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 5.48.14 PM.png

I had a nice 600+ mile weekend. Rode up to SW'ern Va to see family & friends for my long, 3-day'er and got some good riding in as well:).

Took the opportunity to ride up on the Knob to the hunting cabin Sunday and meandered some on the way back yesterday - getting pics at Hungry Mother State Park (Va) Overlook and was able to cover some of the MABDR Section-1, from Marion to Damascus. Sorry for the lack of photos - I'm trying to teach myself to stop more, I just enjoy the ride so much! The Knob was a bit challenging for me with packed snow in a few places (& not the best tires for it, Dunlop Trailmax D409's) and some very steep sections, bike did well thought - I now have a better idea of what my bike can do with some load and am confident can do the full MABDR later this year. I do need to remember to take my cover though, when I'm not going to have it sleeping in garage overnight, at least to keep the frost off the bike.View attachment 48361View attachment 48360
Some of my favorite roads in that part of Virginia.

I did nothing with the NC. My two wheel adventures have lately been on bicycle, in approximately 70 degree F weather. I try to ride 30 miles per day.

The bicycle is a 1975 Schwinn. I should have posted in the non NC section. Sorry.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I did nothing with the NC. My two wheel adventures have lately been on bicycle, in approximately 70F degree weather. I try to ride 30 miles per day.
I am very envious.
I enjoy bicycle riding even more than powered 2 wheel riding.
However, I did sell my road bike last year, as that wasn't so enjoyable any more.
I'm down to 3 bicycles; my favourite is my Marin Presidio with belt drive and Nexus internal 8 speed hub.
Can't beat a bicycle with no chain maintenance LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back