• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished up quite a bit today. Skene Photon blasters have been installed up front. I added an Admore light bar in the rear. Fog lights are installed but no power as I screwed up on the switch. I added a USB port in the frunk. I added Barkbuster handguards. My pegs arrived today so I'll pop them on tomorrow. Thanks to @bigbird and @dduelin for the recommendation on the lights and the crashbars! Easy taking off all the plastic. It was not hard putting it back together but worse than taking it off, for sure and despite being well organized. Oh I added a Fuzeblock too.

IMG_0497.jpegIMG_0498.jpegIMG_0499.jpegIMG_0500.jpegIMG_0503.jpegIMG_0501.jpegIMG_0504.jpeg

PXL_20220424_073941724.MP.jpg
And I'm loaded and ready to go. Top box is mostly empty: waterproof over trousers and jacket, waterproof gloves and a cover for the bike. Panniers contain my cookware and gas burner, sleeping bag, liner and inflatable roll mat - along with a wash bag, a solar panel, USB cables and battery packs. Lomo dry bag contains the bigger bits - tent, an awning, camp chair, collapsible small table - as well as a roll bag with my clothing and another with some food supplies. And of course what makes the NC700x great; the "frunk" has my tool kit, first aid and compressor and tire repair kit ...the "just in case", close to hand.

Earlier, Tuesday, I saw an NC on Santa Monica Blvd (turning south to Beverly Glen).

Sat : Busy day - 130 miles loop over the Santa Monica mountains and through San Fernando Valley to go vote. Over 67MPG, before the highway-facing-wind ride back.
Before that, I rotated my bars by a few degrees (3 to 5) back, so they'd be a bit closer and give me a more comfortable straight position on highways. Definitely helped. May need a fraction more.
Also created a my own tail tidy by hacksawing the plastic below the plate attach points. I had relocated the red side reflectors to the end of the luggage rack, a while back.

Saw a moron trying his new Aprilia Tuareg By popping wheelies and riding through the dirt road shoulders. Was going my way, so I got to see his stupid display on and off for at least ten miles. Was staying far enough back to dodge if he lost it (didn't happen, good skills if no brains). Hard to resist wishing he'd get a just-painful-enough lesson about clowning on public roads.

Which brings to the important report : No shifting issues ! Given what I did today (and Tuesday), I am pretty sure that the downshifting problem was solved by changing the DCT gear motor.

The weather has finally turned nice here, I got my bike out of storage, went away last weekend and screwed up my knee. Spent the last week on crutches, staring at my bike in the driveway. Starting to hobble around again so hoping to get out next week. MRI next Friday so I'm hoping for good news.

Today's 56 mile ride before the rain hits this afternoon, was day 91 of riding with 4,338 miles ridden so far this year

Before today's ride I took ff my handguards. Getting warm enough that I don't need them anymore. Still left the Givi touring shield on for now though. Also took off the silicone band that came with the Omni Cruise, and stuck on a plain rubber band from an old Cramp Buster I had in a drawer. Got the Omni Cruise to work "OK" but it's still kind of fiddly. Out of 3 times I tried it, it worked pretty well twice. Jury is still out and I'm still experimenting with it. I think it would help if the grip was a bigger diameter. May add another Cramp Buster band or try the silicone band back on top of the rubber band or under it. Like I said, a work in progress lol.

Today's 56 mile ride before the rain hits this afternoon, was day 91 of riding with 4,338 miles ridden so far this year

Before today's ride I took ff my handguards. Getting warm enough that I don't need them anymore. Still left the Givi touring shield on for now though. Also took off the silicone band that came with the Omni Cruise, and stuck on a plain rubber band from an old Cramp Buster I had in a drawer. Got the Omni Cruise to work "OK" but it's still kind of fiddly. Out of 3 times I tried it, it worked pretty well twice. Jury is still out and I'm still experimenting with it. I think it would help if the grip was a bigger diameter. May add another Cramp Buster band or try the silicone band back on top of the rubber band or under it. Like I said, a work in progress lol.
If you don't have heated grips then Grip Puppies are a nice addition. I put the generic Amazon version on my X and it was a huge improvement over those skinny grips and the Omni Cruise (and Cramp Buster) works fine.

I added the lowered driver foot pegs today. I am actually shocked by the level of improved comfort. Next to a Corbin seat and ungraded suspension this has been the best mod I’ve ever made.

It had been over 5 weeks since I last rode my X-Adv. I made up for that a little today with a 260km spin. Cool with occasional sunshine and a bit of lunch with some riding buddies. Very enjoyable day overall. I also decided today that I would persevere with Dunlop Roadsmarts despite occasional unease on them in the wet. The bike handles so much better in the dry with them than with the Michelin Pr4 available in the rear size. Today was one of those days when I almost felt that "this bike was made for me".

I added the lowered driver foot pegs today. I am actually shocked by the level of improved comfort. Next to a Corbin seat and ungraded suspension this has been the best mod I’ve ever made.

Do those “lock” in various positions? And if so how do they lock? I have some that use little pins you have to move to different positions (and which you drop and spend 30 minutes or so trying to find) to lock the footrests in different positions around the hub

Well I left the nc700 in the basement and went and bought this 1974 Honda CB550. It was a find but it wasn't in a barn.
View attachment 49165
Ah yes, back when fenders actually covered the wheels and stock seats were comfortable, and Hondas came in colors besides red, grey, or black. Enjoy! She looks to be in great condition.

Do those “lock” in various positions? And if so how do they lock? I have some that use little pins you have to move to different positions (and which you drop and spend 30 minutes or so trying to find) to lock the footrests in different positions around the hub
They do use little pins, and you would take a lot of time to find them if they were dropped. I have a large pig mat for my gun cleaning kits and I laid that down so the pins would not bounce if dropped. These pins only go in one of two places. If you are going to lower the peg they go in one spot; another if you are moving forward (I think).

My Seat concepts arrives on Monday. Fingers are crossed that it helps. My risers just arrived. I may slap them on tonight.

They do use little pins, and you would take a lot of time to find them if they were dropped. I have a large pig mat for my gun cleaning kits and I laid that down so the pins would not bounce if dropped. These pins only go in one of two places. If you are going to lower the peg they go in one spot; another if you are moving forward (I think).

My Seat concepts arrives on Monday. Fingers are crossed that it helps. My risers just arrived. I may slap them on tonight.
Is it the seat concepts Low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back