• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loud tires save lives.
In 42 years riding I’ve never heard a tire as loud as the front Shinko 705. Sadly, it seems to be long lasting, while the rear is squaring off.
Replaced the rusty steel chain adjuster blocks that Honda supply with some milled aluminium alternatives from eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125246375617).

View attachment 49306

I think they look far tidier...
Did you happen to see the NC750 Stuff YouTube where he made similar ones in his shop? It was like 20 minutes and I watched every one of them.

In the last month, I've put a Bridgestone Battlax A41S on the front, a Shinko 705 on rear and installed a Zieger Skid Plate. Liking the Battlax but the Shinko is very different than the (2x sets of Dunlop D409's I've run on it since Labor Day.

Zieger install is simple but had to shave it down some in the rear to work with Honda OEM Center Stand and left the (Zieger) rear brace off since apparently you must have their stand to get the mounting bolt - will live with the front brace and two side bolts for attachment at least for now. I'm not looking to get off the worn path, just need something to hedge the drag moments from underestimating clearance needs. I may go find a bolt to put on it at some point.

Attachments

• ZiegerSkidPlate-frtltbottom-20220511.jpg
    ZiegerSkidPlate-frtltbottom-20220511.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • ZiegerSkidPlate-frtrt-20220511.jpg
    ZiegerSkidPlate-frtrt-20220511.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • ZiegerSkidPlate-rearlt-20220511.jpg
    ZiegerSkidPlate-rearlt-20220511.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 11
My NC700X took a tumble in the garage last week & potato chipped my clutch lever. I have a 100 mile charity ride on Saturday so I replaced the lever with an oem one today.

Out of curiosity, I heated up the old one & tried to straighten in. As expected, it broke…

Attachments

• 6A19CD46-2D84-4FDD-845D-16880E85D722.jpeg
    6A19CD46-2D84-4FDD-845D-16880E85D722.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
The first one since purchasing it? That sounds judgmental. It’s not intended to be.

Well it's had a lot of rain baths, but this is the first one with soap. Usually my bikes get 2 official baths a year. One in the spring to wash off the winter crud, and one in the fall, but I didnt pick it up until almost July, so it didnt need the fall bath last year.

I'd rather ride than clean. No one will ever mistake one of my bikes for a garage queen lol

Well it's had a lot of rain baths, but this is the first one with soap. Usually my bikes get 2 official baths a year. One in the spring to wash off the winter crud, and one in the fall, but I didnt pick it up until almost July, so it didnt need the fall bath last year.

I'd rather ride than clean. No one will ever mistake one of my bikes for a garage queen lol
Gotcha. I wash mine all the time. Same with my cars. I wish I could let it go.

Gotcha. I wash mine all the time. Same with my cars. I wish I could let it go.
I understand. Some guys are like that. In fact, I'm surprised how many. Since I ride every day and on average it rains every three days, I know if I do clean it, it's only going to get dirty again almost immediately lol.

I have a buddy that absolutely has no dirt anywhere on his bike ever. Now he won't ride if there is a hint of any rain, or if the roads are damp, but even on a sunny day, when we stop for lunch someplace, before he goes into the restaurant, he whips out a can of lemon pledge and wipes off any dirt/bugs that accumulated on the ride, and then again when he gets home. In his garage (which you could eat off the floor) his bike gets covered until the next time he takes it out, but he is lucky to ride 50 days and 2500 miles a year. It's only May and I'm already at 107 days and 5220 miles with "riding season" here in Ohio just getting into full swing. I know guys (including my younger brother who also won't ride in the rain) who took their first ride of the season last week. He's taking his second ride with me today (81 and sunny lol)

Bugs are the main reason I need to wash the motorcycle. With summer riding, if I went more than a couple weeks without a bike wash, the front end would be covered with bugs and the windshield would be nearly opaque. And that’s even without riding at night. One night ride in summer would result in the need for a bike wash just to see through the windscreen. Riding in the rain would actually make the bike cleaner.

I understand. Some guys are like that. In fact, I'm surprised how many. Since I ride every day and on average it rains every three days, I know if I do clean it, it's only going to get dirty again almost immediately lol.

I have a buddy that absolutely has no dirt anywhere on his bike ever. Now he won't ride if there is a hint of any rain, or if the roads are damp, but even on a sunny day, when we stop for lunch someplace, before he goes into the restaurant, he whips out a can of lemon pledge and wipes off any dirt/bugs that accumulated on the ride, and then again when he gets home. In his garage (which you could eat off the floor) his bike gets covered until the next time he takes it out, but he is lucky to ride 50 days and 2500 miles a year. It's only May and I'm already at 107 days and 5220 miles with "riding season" here in Ohio just getting into full swing. I know guys (including my younger brother who also won't ride in the rain) who took their first ride of the season last week. He's taking his second ride with me today (81 and sunny lol)
All of that makes a ton of sense. But back to your other recent and spot on post about motorcyclists making things complicated, it fits in this column for me. Thanks Ferret. Appreciate you rcognizing I was not being judgey by asking too!

Hmmn, I ride a lot and I still wash my bikes. Not like I used to but still fairly often. We have so many bugs in FL between now and November I can't stand to see an accumulation of them. Sometimes I just squeeze bottle the frontal surfaces with a mix of home made 50/50 hydrogen peroxide Bug-B-Gone to loosen the bug remains and wipe off surfaces with a wet terry towel. After the area dries a quick shot of spray polish and buff shiny again. Works for me.

Had mine for 5 years and have never fully washed it. Use it most days year-round to go to work. It does sleep in the garage at both ends.
I'll occasionally wipe the windshield, forks, and the front plastics, but I rarely look through the windshield, so the extra tint from the dirt doesn't bother me.
I have neighbors who spend hundreds of gallons of water weekly to keep their cars spotless, when most CA-feeding reservoirs are at historical critical levels. Priorities...

A couple guys on sportsbikes from work wanted to do a ride through the mountains to the ocean today. A third guy who went with them last week recommended against trying to follow them, unless I like really blowing the speed limits in the twisties. Would have been a perfect day for the ride, but the wrong partners.

Installed a radiator guard in an attempt to keep the radiator bug free. Kinda wonder why Honda doesn't make that standard? Maybe they don't have insects in Japan like they do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back