• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, my poor little DCT has just been sitting for a couple of weeks now....,

well, since there has been a new arrival to Mike's corral.

What can i say...

i just had to add this one!

View attachment 49949

2014, Ruby Red, 3.7LV6, Auto, tan leather, one owner, 19k miles, garaged its entire life! A couple of weeks ago I did a fly-n-drive to southern Idaho and brought this sexy machine home to its new caretaker. It is surprisingly nimble, extremely fast and still knocks down fantastic mpg's! It was about 600 mile return trip that i made in one day of course. The first leg was nearly exactly 300 miles where i of course heavily enjoyed the posted 80mph speed limit down there driving N/W up to LeGrande Oregon. When i fueled up it was genuinely surprised to see the pump click off so early netting me 30.4mpg! That was uncredible for the speeds i was running. The second leg up through Tri-cities Wa, Ritzville Wa, Spokane Wa and back into Idaho. The last leg was about 290 miles where i still drove 80, 75 and 70mph as the posted limit allowed me to. Once again i topped off the tank and was surprised yet again showing 32.55mpg!!

.....oh it is so much fun and an absolute pleasure to drive!!
Really Nice ! Love the fastbacks.

This is my wife's she got this past February..2022 Race Red

j8ghOkdh.jpg

Guess where she keeps it? :D lol

KLwRwOah.jpg

It's real nice, and a lot of fun, but doesn't keep me off the bikes however .... I can't get it to lean :p

Got my seat back from Laam Custom Seats. Put it on the NC and went for a 120+ mile ride to see how it feels. It is great, exactly what I wanted. I only got the front done since I ride alone. I requested the following:
- add 1" to the height
- raise front of seat to prevent sliding forward
- move seat pocket to the rear of the seat
- add width to the seat pocket

I won't need to get lowered foot pegs now so I might invest in some highway pegs for droning on the highway.
Looks great. Keeping the OEM rear seat works as well. Since I don't ride with a passenger I might just do the same and save some money. And really good to hear you don't need lower pegs. Tells me the seat is higher which is what I want.

Looks great. Keeping the OEM rear seat works as well. Since I don't ride with a passenger I might just do the same and save some money. And really good to hear you don't need lower pegs. Tells me the seat is higher which is what I want.
I requested 1" added to the seat height when I talked to Seth.

Well not all today but in the last 5 in preparation for a 1500mi trip starting tomorrow afternoon…
-New GivI V35 panniers
-New Sargent seat
-New Vstream shield
-New 12v port in the frunk
-Ran a phone charge cable to the bars
-PMCS sprocket, chain, brakes, fluids, pressures, all bolts and connections
-Adjusted preload just a hair to comp for the 50# of gear and cases
-Added a “good luck duck“ per my wife’s request

32 days ago spooned on a new set of Shinko 705’s and scrubbed them in with 934mi so far.

This will easily be the farthest I’ve ridden in a shot and while I’m a little nervous, I trust the bike and am really looking forward to it. Prior to this trip the longest I’ve ever gone was about 3 hours and really, the pending saddle time is the thing I’m most concerned about.

Well not all today but in the last 5 in preparation for a 1500mi trip starting tomorrow afternoon…
-New GivI V35 panniers
-New Sargent seat
-New Vstream shield

32 days ago spooned on a new set of Shinko 705’s and scrubbed them in with 934mi so far.

This will easily be the farthest I’ve ridden in a shot and while I’m a little nervous, I trust the bike and am really looking forward to it. Prior to this trip the longest I’ve ever gone was about 3 hours and really, the pending saddle time is the thing I’m most concerned about.
Sounds like you are well prepared. Take your time and enjoy yourself!
Safe travels….:)

I once did 800kms in a day on my former NC700X and survived. I hear the 750 seats are a little better. Don't worry, all will be well.

-New GivI V35 panniers
-New Sargent seat
-New Vstream shield

Do you have any pics of the bike all kitted up?

-New GivI V35 panniers
-New Sargent seat
-New Vstream shield

Good luck and have fun.

How many days or miles per day are you planning?

Good luck and have fun.

How many days or miles per day are you planning?
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I’m meeting my buddy now at an ice cream place about 50mi from home. We’re planning to ride until dark… hopefully about 250mi. We have to put in 400 more tomorrow because we’re heading to a trade show Monday. Kind of tight deadline on the way out but we’ll have 4 days to play on the return trip.

Got some new skins.

new Pirelli Angel GT

R4lZT5Ch.jpg

Old Michelin Road 5

JMeShezh.jpg

New Pirelli Angel GT

1n9quuCh.jpg

Old Michelin Road 5

zDjxlrnh.jpg

The original Metzler Tourance tires went 7,130 miles

The Road 5's were replaced at 15,709 so they went 8,579 miles

Will see how far the Angel GT's will go. Then may try the Shinko's.

BTW while the wheels were off I was able to look at the (original) brake pads front and rear and both still had plenty of life left in them.

Last edited:
Noticed the front tire wearing more on the left side. Same thing has happened on my 2012. Always have looked at this as going thru left handers faster than rights. The Metzeler Roadtec 01 on mine now have about 4K and are starting to show flats on the sides about half worn. 8K seams to be average life on mine no matter which tire is used.

Got some new skins.

new Pirelli Angel GT

R4lZT5Ch.jpg

Old Michelin Road 5

JMeShezh.jpg

New Pirelli Angel GT

1n9quuCh.jpg

Old Michelin Road 5

zDjxlrnh.jpg

The original Metzler Tourance tires went 7,130 miles

The Road 5's were replaced at 15,709 so they went 8,579 miles

Will see how far the Angel GT's will go. Then may try the Shinko's.

BTW while the wheels were off I was able to look at the (original) brake pads front and rear and both still had plenty of life left in them.
Very nice!
I just hit 8000 miles on my 2014 (previous owner did not ride much)
I am thinking about Scrambler tires since I don’t do interstate much at all.
Any suggestions out there?
Any things to be aware if?

Very nice!
I just hit 8000 miles on my 2014 (previous owner did not ride much)
I am thinking about Scrambler tires since I don’t do interstate much at all.
Any suggestions out there?
Any things to be aware if?
Many people like the Shinko 705 tires. I tried them and hated them. They changed how the bike handled. I switched back to street tires and sold the 705's after only 100 miles.

Many people like the Shinko 705 tires. I tried them and hated them. They changed how the bike handled. I switched back to street tires and sold the 705's after only 100 miles.
I’m running the 705’s and really like them. Fairly loud on the highway and there is vibration but for an all purpose tire they’re great. If you’re only on-road, there are better options.

Yesterday I celebrated the 10th anniversary of the purchase of my NC700X. Time flies.

Back in early 2012, I began hearing about this upcoming New Concept motorcycle model and I was very interested. I learned all about it and decided it was likely to fill my needs and desires very well. At the Goldwing Road Riders Assn WingDing gathering in early July, 2012, in Fort Wayne Indiana, the Honda demo ride truck brought an NC700X along. However we were not allowed to test ride it, only look it over, sit on it, etc.

In late July, I happened to be on a work assignment in the Dallas/Ft Worth area in Texas. I heard the NC700X had first started arriving at dealers In the USA. (Europe had already been selling NC’s for months). I located an in-stock NC, a DCT, at Grapevine, Texas, and got them to allow me a test ride. I rode that bike 25 miles and loved it! I went to two other area dealers there but couldn’t get any more test rides. The next week I was back home and test rode a manual NC700X at my closest dealer. I then decided I wanted this bike, I wanted a manual transmission, and I got the approval of the spouse. We were now venturing deeply into multi bike ownership territory. Several phone calls and negotiations found the best price at a dealer about 50 miles away. So on July 26, 2012, I was the owner of a 2012 NC700X! It got 77.56 mpg on it’s first 235 mile tank of gas, then 80.27 mpg (no ethanol) on it’s second 240 mile tank. No break in required.

At this time in July 2012, MSRP of the manual NC was $6999, the DCT $8999. There was a $2000 premium for DCT/ABS, which was rather ridiculous. (In later model years, Honda closed this gap by both raising the price of the manual and lowering the price of the DCT). Honda Powerhouse dealers like in Russellville, Arkansas and Brookhaven, Mississippi were discounting the NC to $6400 manual and $8200 DCT, no setup or delivery fees.

The one thing I chuckle about: On my first test ride I said clearly to myself, this bike is just great; it doesn’t need anything! Haha. It turns out I have modified my NC far, far more than any vehicle I’ve ever owned.

So here I am, ten years later, still loving this bike. It’s probably a keeper until I can’t ride motorcycles anymore.

Great info. The original price was really inexpensive and with the dealer's discount. I bought my 2012 NC700X in Sept 2019 from original owner with 33K miles. It was parked outside it's entire life with no cover also all stock except for adding a cigarette lighter. So rust and sun damage + poor maintenance = a final cash price of $1600. I have slowly ben replacing and upgrading and now have 44K miles and running great.

About your mods - the longer you own a bike the more it makes sense to modify and upgrade. I'm on that path because the NC is a very solid foundation. Also, I was told years ago average ownership for metric bikes is 2 years before the owner is on to the next thing so once you get to 3 years or more you have a better chance of keeping the bike to see a return on your investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back