• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started working on the shock removal after dinner today. The joy of taking plastic parts off to access the top nut.
break.jpg
In my haste I broke one of the little bits on on one of the panels.
jb.jpg
With a wooden kabob skewer and some JB weld I hope it will be as good as new.

Started working on the shock removal after dinner today. The joy of taking plastic parts off to access the top nut.
View attachment 50449
In my haste I broke one of the little bits on on one of the panels.
View attachment 50450
With a wooden kabob skewer and some JB weld I hope it will be as good as new.

You should try doing it with this thing.........

P1050908.JPG

Its a bloody nightmare. I am in course of doing so currently over a period of weeks. Shock in and out twice already due to incorrect length.

What kind of improvement were you looking for? More comfortable, better handling, both?

Did it help?
I was looking for a shock that wasn't leaking :)

Everything else is a bonus. The YSS rebuildable was less money than stock non-rebuildable. The ability to adjust the preload and the rebound dampening have taken out the bigger impacts on the rear end. I have only done a test ride for about an hour. I would say that it makes the bike more comfortable on bumpy surfaces. Even the front feels a little less jarring as on bigger bumps it would feel like there is less kick back to the front.

For my weight and my type of riding the stock shock was acceptable. (commuting two 30 minute trips a day) In my simple opinion I think the stock shock has a narrow band of people that it will work well for. A heavier rider or someone that does distance would probably appreciate the upgrade.

That is a neat bag off of the crash bars. Never seen that before.
So I got those with a set of Heed crash bars I bought for a BMW F650ST . They are kinda custom to the bars but when I sold the BMW I retained the bags. I came across them again a year or so later in the garage and with a little bit of manipulation, I got them to fit the NC700 Givi bars I have. Handy for putting waterproofs in.

Link here

Not noisy at all, really it sounds a little anemic. I bought the baffle (see link) and then cut the extension tube so the springs would be the correct tension. Certainly less to damage when you drop it or scrape it against something. I'll weld it in one of these days.

I went for a ride on Red 2015 NC700X DCT on Friday , but ended up getting a flat between Sutter Creek and Volcano ,
so My brother David and his pastor David rode to Martell/Jackson and got some fix a flat , but it didn't work . So I got to leave the bike ( nice homeowner Robert let me roll it down his road out of sight ) and rode on the back of my brothers BMW R1200GS and we continued on our ride over to hwy 88 and up to Morman Immigrant trail and back to Pollock Pines.( first time as passenger in 20 or so years and I'll give significant other kudo's, it's hard to get on & off the back and to give up control to someone else ) Went and retrieved bike yesterday and ordered a new tire . Guess I'll ride Black NC700X DCT for the next few days till the tire shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back