• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did not ride to the gym today as it was 38 degrees here this morning. But I had some time so I thought I would see what I was missing with cold weather riding and went out in 42 degree weather after the gym. I realized quickly how familiar I was with the location of my helmet's vent levers (holy #$%!!...I shave my head and that was a cold Jetstream of air cascading across my skull). My toes were pretty cold pretty quick. Though my gloves are leather they are perforated, and my hands got cold really quickly. I don't wear riding pants only jeans so my legs got cold too. With as many warm riding days I have available to me, and considering the cost of the proper cold weather riding gear, I think I'll have to live my cold riding life vicariously through @the Ferret , @dduelin, and the rest of the die-harder-than-me riders!
Unless one has an unlimited budget or at least bigger budget than I do the way to outfit all weather gear is to be like Walt Kowalski in "Gran Torino" when he catches the kid trying to steal something in his garage. He tells the kid next door it takes 50 years to fill up a garage with tools. (paraphrased) Buy it as you go along and get the best you can afford.

LOL I've spent less on winter riding gear, which takes me to below zero, than most guys spend on a good helmet

Givi touring screen $120

Cycle Gear Freeze-Out Balaclava $25

Warm-n-Safe First Gear heated jacket liner with controller $200

Oxford heated grips $100

Kemi-Moto handlebar muffs $50

Those are the only special things I wear for winter, the rest is my normal Tourmaster jacket and pants with the thermal liners in. I even wear summer weight deerskin gloves.

LOL I've spent less on winter riding gear, which takes me to below zero, than most guys spend on a good helmet

Givi touring screen $120

Cycle Gear Freeze-Out Balaclava $25
Del
Warm-n-Safe First Gear heated jacket liner with controller $200

Oxford heated grips $100

Kemi-Moto handlebar muffs $50

Those are the only special things I wear for winter, the rest is my normal Tourmaster jacket and pants with the thermal liners in. I even wear summer weight deerskin glove
Surprisingly inexpensive.

Unless one has an unlimited budget or at least bigger budget than I do the way to outfit all weather gear is to be like Walt Kowalski in "Gran Torino" when he catches the kid trying to steal something in his garage. He tells the kid next door it takes 50 years to fill up a garage with tools. (paraphrased) Buy it as you go along and get the best you can afford.
Good points.

Well, I did not ride to the gym today as it was 38 degrees here this morning. But I had some time so I thought I would see what I was missing with cold weather riding and went out in 42 degree weather after the gym. I realized quickly how familiar I was with the location of my helmet's vent levers (holy #$%!!...I shave my head and that was a cold Jetstream of air cascading across my skull). My toes were pretty cold pretty quick. Though my gloves are leather they are perforated, and my hands got cold really quickly. I don't wear riding pants only jeans so my legs got cold too. With as many warm riding days I have available to me, and considering the cost of the proper cold weather riding gear, I think I'll have to live my cold riding life vicariously through @the Ferret , @dduelin, and the rest of the die-harder-than-me riders!
A for effort :) The snow is supposed to melt here over the next few days. Looking forward to the cold wet riding

A good riding jacket is a marvel of engineering. At one time I thought all that stuff was way over priced but boy does it work at keeping the cold wind off of me .

Hi @Ahn , mine was a coolant leak. I was actually coming online to post an update. The leak returned within a couple hundred miles. Nothing to cause me to stop riding, just enough to notice - i.e., ride it almost600-Mike's I'm a s weekend and only needs a coupe ounces to to off the reservoir Investigating further, I realized the leak was coming from the weep hole. I guess just another item gone bad because previous owner left it sitting for a coupe years or so. Anyway, after the realization, I ordered a new water pump assembly from Partzilla.com ($258, delivered within a week). I'm leak-free with about 300-miles on it.
Hi, mogonc34. Today i removed the water pump and bolts are comes out easily than i worried. After remove water pump i confirmed there is oil leaks and i think the new o-rings will arrive within this week. I dropped the bike few weeks ago in quite low speed to left side and i guess that is the cause of oil leak.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547_01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547_03.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547_03.jpg
  • KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547_05.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221225_172402547_05.jpg
With family coming over later in the day I took a 64 mile ride after the sun came up. It was 24F officially. My NC does not have an air temperature gauge per se but the TPMS sensor temperature gauges work well enough until the tires begin to heat up. Today the front only gained 3F from 25 to 28F after 30 minutes or so of riding. The rear eventually gained 20 degrees.

298301AC-34DB-47B2-BBF5-D902B550BCF0.jpeg

Glad you got out for a ride Dave

One year ago on Christmas day, it was 66 degrees and I rode 62 miles before the kids came over for Christmas dinner.

JxKvXiXh.jpg

Today, the sun has come out and the temp has climbed from below zero to 20, but the roads are still horrible... snow/ice covered, so no riding for me today.

Friday it's supposed to be 56 lol

One year ago on Christmas day, it was 66 degrees and I rode 62 miles before the kids came over for Christmas dinner.

JxKvXiXh.jpg

Today, the sun has come out and the temp has climbed from below zero to 20, but the roads are still horrible... snow/ice covered, so no riding for me today.

It’s supposedly 55L and 74H on Friday here. I kind of would like to do the 800 mile round trip to Stockton, AL for the 12/30/22 Last Ride Of The Year but Friday is officially my last day before retirement and I’m not sure my boss will give me Friday off

JxKvXiXh.jpg

I have kept my wife updated on your recent adventures and she is sorta bummed out with your weather and road conditions.

I think on Wednesday we will all go out for a ride.

It’s supposedly 55L and 74H on Friday here. I kind of would like to do the 800 mile round trip to Stockton, AL for the 12/30/22 Last Ride Of The Year but Friday is officially my last day before retirement and I’m not sure my boss will give me Friday off.

Congratulations on retirement!!!

JxKvXiXh.jpg

What handguards are those?

Day 317... by afternoon, the storm of a generation's snow/ice had melted enough that I could get out. I needed 150 miles on the NC for 23K and 141 miles to make my 20K yearly riding goal. I took advantage of the sun and 46 degree temp to knock out 111 of those miles.

m0FVdP6h.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to try and get the rest of those miles knocked out... 39 miles will give me 23K on the NC and 20, 009 for the year.

Friday I am taking my younger brother in for hip Surgery which will take up the whole day and Saturday it's supposed to rain all day. That will end the year.

After tomorrow, next ride should be Jan 1 starting the year all over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back