• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 317... by afternoon, the storm of a generation's snow/ice had melted enough that I could get out. I needed 150 miles on the NC for 23K and 141 miles to make my 20K yearly riding goal. I took advantage of the sun and 46 degree temp to knock out 111 of those miles.

m0FVdP6h.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to try and get the rest of those miles knocked out... 39 miles will give me 23K on the NC and 20, 009 for the year.

Friday I am taking my younger brother in for hip Surgery which will take up the whole day and Saturday it's supposed to rain all day. That will end the year.

After tomorrow, next ride should be Jan 1 starting the year all over again.
You are a beast!

Day 317... by afternoon, the storm of a generation's snow/ice had melted enough that I could get out. I needed 150 miles on the NC for 23K and 141 miles to make my 20K yearly riding goal. I took advantage of the sun and 46 degree temp to knock out 111 of those miles.

m0FVdP6h.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to try and get the rest of those miles knocked out... 39 miles will give me 23K on the NC and 20, 009 for the year.

Friday I am taking my younger brother in for hip Surgery which will take up the whole day and Saturday it's supposed to rain all day. That will end the year.

After tomorrow, next ride should be Jan 1 starting the year all over again.
Speedy recovery to your brother.

Ta Da

o1dJgXzh.jpg

Day 318 of riding and probably the last for 2022. 67 miles 55 degrees under cloudy skies, gives me 20,037 for the year. 5,581 on my CB 1100 and 14,456 on the NC.

Passed this nice frozen waterfall on today's ride. Just a curtain of icicles. Very cool looking. Picture doesn't do it justice.

uhdv6Wih.jpg

Next day of riding will be Sunday, my annual New Years Day ride. ..and it starts all over again lol

Last edited:
Ta Da

o1dJgXzh.jpg

Day 318 of riding and probably the last for 2022. 67 miles 55 degrees under cloudy skies, gives me 20,037 for the year. 5,581 on my CB 1100 and 14,456 on the NC.

Passed this nice frozen waterfall on today's ride. Just a curtain of icicles. Very cool looking. Picture doesn't do it justice.

uhdv6Wih.jpg

Next day of riding will be Sunday, my annual New Years Day ride. ..and it starts all over again lol
Awesome.

That was quite a goal and it lasted right up to the last days. Sorta like watching a good game.

Congratulations.

I’m 773 miles short to 22,222 for ‘22 and couldn’t get away today for the 400 mile ride to Stockton AL. But two days left in 2022.
Well I had to wind up the calculator and plug in the abacus but I have your next 48 hours planned out.

At an average of 50mph that is 15.5 hours ride time. To play it safe there are 6 fuel stops at 15 minutes each so there goes 1.5 hours. So yeah you can still do this!

That's a lot of miles. Congratulations.
Thanks. Its actually a little less than my average. Since 2013 when I retired, I have averaged a little over 22,500 miles and 302 days riding a year, but those numbers are getting harder to attain as I got into my 70's. I've set a goal of 250 days riding and 15,000 miles for 2023.weather and " old guy" medical issues will determine whether that will be achieved lol.

Thanks. Its actually a little less than my average. Since 2013 when I retired, I have averaged a little over 22,500 miles and 302 days riding a year, but those numbers are getting harder to attain as I got into my 70's. I've set a goal of 250 days riding and 15,000 miles for 2023.weather and " old guy" medical issues will determine whether that will be achieved lol.
Still that is one heck of a plan with things considered.

I’m 773 miles short to 22,222 for ‘22 and couldn’t get away today for the 400 mile ride to Stockton AL. But two days left in 2022.
773 in two days is indeed some saddle time. That would be Goldwing time lol.

Congrats on your retirement Dave. May it be everything you hoped it would be.

Thanks on the retirement thought!

I’ve never kept track of days riding in the year but I can see that going up now even if total miles don’t. I used to ride less days per year but the miles per ride was higher. I shuffled bikes around this afternoon with an eye toward riding the NC tomorrow.

When I went back to the 1/1/22 record to double check totals I realized I made a 1000 mile error in transcribing the RT's 12/31/21 to 1/1/22 odometer reading so I went over 23,000 yesterday. Good thing because there is zero/zero to 1/4 quarter mile visibility here this morning. I'll still go out for a little while but no pressure to hit the 190 miles I thought I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back