• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022 Wish List

MolsonMuscle

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m just about ready to put a deposit on a 2021 NC750X DCT. I’m really impressed with all of the improvements Honda made this year but there’s just a few other features I wish were available. Adding them would definitely drive up the price of this bike and make it more premium.
  • Adjustable windshield
  • Cruise control
  • Heated grips
  • Shaft drive
  • Hydraulic valve lifters
  • USB/12v outlet
  • Center stand
I guess many of these things can be added as accessories if one wants them. But it’s nice to get them from the factory.

I didn’t realize this but the Deauville (NT700V) was almost a premium version of the NC. I think it used to sell for around $11,000 back in 2010. I’m guessing the price is part of the reason the bike is no longer manufactured. Still, if Honda could add the above features and keep the price around $11K I would probably make the stretch. It would make the bike that much more amazing.

Those would increase the price of the bike significantly...I put a windshield on my bike which works for me, not adjustable but done care....Cruise control, meh,,,have it in my car but rarely use it (even though 60+ miles of my round trip to work is super-slab); heated grips,,,,rather use my heated glove liners (heats the whole hand)...heated grips do nothing for the back of the hand/fingers; shaft drive-this I would like-but would require a redesign of the transmission....hydraulic valve lifters would need a whole redesign of the engine; USB/12v outlet...put one on my bike for less than $15, center stand-when you buy the bike from the dealer, you can request the dealer to install one or do it yourself for $150.

I’m just about ready to put a deposit on a 2021 NC750X DCT. I’m really impressed with all of the improvements Honda made this year but there’s just a few other features I wish were available. Adding them would definitely drive up the price of this bike and make it more premium.
  • Adjustable windshield
  • Cruise control
  • Heated grips
  • Shaft drive
  • Hydraulic valve lifters
  • USB/12v outlet
  • Center stand
I guess many of these things can be added as accessories if one wants them. But it’s nice to get them from the factory.

I didn’t realize this but the Deauville (NT700V) was almost a premium version of the NC. I think it used to sell for around $11,000 back in 2010. I’m guessing the price is part of the reason the bike is no longer manufactured. Still, if Honda could add the above features and keep the price around $11K I would probably make the stretch. It would make the bike that much more amazing.
That would be the perfect bike for me

At least 4 of those are optional add ons at purchase, the rest would add significant costs which I think would have made the NC a failure in the US. The VFR1200x came with a shaft drive and looks a lot like the NC in style.

I prefer Honda to keep these things as options as you can get better 3rd party solutions for most and save money. That being said I don't have any of these mods on my bike.

Since there are so few options here in the US for DCT bikes you kind of have to buy the NC700x if you want the DCT. So making it more expensive doesn't serve the target market which is non-motorcycle riders.

I'm not sure a bike that is approaching $10,000 USD is a bike meant for non-riders, or novice pilots. I would pay a premium for those features. I don't think that it should replace the current model, but instead be an upgraded trim of the base model.

I like the displacement of the NC700. I don't want a big adventure styled bike, or doubled cylinder heads of the VFR-X. But I did really want a VFR800.... I guess I'm a typical motorcyclist. Fickle and inconsistent in what I want and will pay for

I'd take:
  • Adjustable windshield
  • USB/12v outlet
  • Center stand
That would probably be a $500 lift (even though my dealer added the center stand at no cost).
The 2021 updates are really nice, though, compared to the 2020. I just didn't want to wait till "I don't know' which is the story I heard.

I don't think that it should replace the current model, but instead be an upgraded trim of the base model.
Yes maybe a touring version with a few more features, similar to the Africa Twin ES, would be a good option. I agree that having a base model that people can accessorize is probably best to keep the price lower and give customers the most choice. And there are quite a few OEM add-on’s listed for 2021.

I was just surprised that they added self-cancelling turn signals to the 2021 model. And it made me think they might as well go the extra step and give us a few more of those creature comforts available on the Africa Twin or Goldwing.

Still super excited about the 2021 model and likely not going to wait for 2022.

Yes maybe a touring version with a few more features, similar to the Africa Twin ES, would be a good option. I agree that having a base model that people can accessorize is probably best to keep the price lower and give customers the most choice. And there are quite a few OEM add-on’s listed for 2021.

I was just surprised that they added self-cancelling turn signals to the 2021 model. And it made me think they might as well go the extra step and give us a few more of those creature comforts available on the Africa Twin or Goldwing.

Still super excited about the 2021 model and likely not going to wait for 2022.
2021 in the US does not have self canceling signals

- Cruise control
Most other things are easily addressed with aftermarket.
Agreed, wind protection and suspension can be addressed with the aftermarket. Cruise control could be addressed as an OEM accessory. If cruise control were available from Honda, I’d hope it would be a purchasable option. It would benefit Honda, as they could charge a lot for it, like they do with their accessories. For buyers, those that have little or no desire for cruise control would not be paying for something they don’t want.

Shaft (mentioned earlier) or belt drive would need to be integrated into basic design.

Agreed, wind protection and suspension can be addressed with the aftermarket. Cruise control could be addressed as an OEM accessory. If cruise control were available from Honda, I’d hope it would be a purchasable option. It would benefit Honda, as they could charge a lot for it, like they do with their accessories. For buyers, those that have little or no desire for cruise control would not be paying for something they don’t want.

Shaft (mentioned earlier) or belt drive would need to be integrated into basic design.
With the throttle by wire should be a S/W update.

I used to think cruise control was the bee's knees but on my last bike, I hardly used it. I would like to have it on the bike for sure, but I can live without it, and I'd like the bike to stay under 10 grand. My NC wish list is short and consists of things that are very expensive or impossible to fix with aftermarket parts:
1. Better front suspension. A set of upside-down, valved, adjustable forks would be nice.
2. An extra brake disc out front would be good because the NC's brakes leave a little to be desired.
3. Of course I'd like a better seat. But so many bikes are this way that I'd understand if Honda gave up on making the seat better. They can't please everyone's butt, no matter what they do. The aftermarket has a solution for this so this one is optional.
4. The above with no increase in weight.

I'd love a driveshaft, but that will add too much weight and reduce power to the wheel, neither of which the NC can tolerate at this point. Maybe a belt but that would take away the meaning of the 'X' and the bike would lose whatever off-road cred it has.

I'd happily pay more for a version with 1) upgraded, adjustable suspension components
2) good wind protection
3) cruise control

- Cruise control
Most other things are easily addressed with aftermarket.

Factory cruise control like the Rebel 1100 has would be a great option.

Already added the tall windshield and USB charger to the bike. Had to remove basically all the panels on the left side of the bike to install the USB. Luckily I was able to do it without breaking anything. I could have forked out the few hundred dollars in labor to have it done at the Honda dealership but that would have taken the fun out of it. And, who knows, they could easily have snapped a plastic panel too. Anyway it's done and I'm so happy to have it! This video really helped: 2021 Honda NC750X - USB Charger Kit Install

Last edited:
Factory cruise control like the CB1100 has would be a great option.

Already added the tall windshield and USB charger to the bike. Had to remove basically all the panels on the left side of the bike to install the USB. Luckily I was able to do it without breaking anything. I could have forked out the few hundred dollars in labor to have it done at the Honda dealership but that would have taken the fun out of it. And, who knows, they could easily have snapped a plastic panel too. Anyway it's done and I'm so happy to have it! This video really helped: 2021 Honda NC750X - USB Charger Kit Install
You are no worse off to have done the work yourself. In my experience, dealer service never puts the hardware back in the correct places. They leave electrical connectors unhooked, too.

Factory cruise control like the CB1100 has would be a great option.

Have been a moderator on the CB 1100 forum since 2013, have owned 2 of them, a 2013 and a 2014 Deluxe, which I have owned for 7 years. No CB 1100 came with factory cruise control, nor is it a factory option for one.

Back