• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023 NC750X Manual suspension, restore travel and ground clearance

sgrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to use previous generation fork spring and rear shock for 2021 - 2023 models?
Honda reduce 0.7 to front and 1.2 inches to the rear, for taller riders this is a night mare
Let's say if we go for YSS or Hyperpro, can we use the one made for pre 21?

I haven’t investigated this yet but a first thought is that the fork tubes may need replacement in addition to the springs. On the rear, since I think the swing arm length is unchanged, you may be able to restore the rear travel with new linkage and/or shock body length.

While I think the reduction in travel on the new models is unacceptable for me, I have trouble seeing how this is a nightmare for tall riders. I’m thinking even though the suspension travel and ground clearance are reduced on ‘21-‘23, the bar-peg-seat rider triangle is pretty much the same. Comfort when riding, which is what I’m doing most of the time I’m on a motorcycle, would not seem to be influenced by ground clearance and suspension travel.

On many stop and go traffic it's actually very uncomfortable as the taller rider legs will be in a very awkward resting position

I'm 6 3 long legs and seat height had been no trouble. Legs are folded pretty tight while riding but it hasn't bothered me enough to even install the drop pegs with angle adjustment that I bought. Stopping in traffic is perfect. I can stand up and get entirely clear of the seat, bounce around to loosen up. Bike is nicely trapped at the apex of my crotch triangle.

On many stop and go traffic it's actually very uncomfortable as the taller rider legs will be in a very awkward resting position
Is this from experience or assumption? The riding position of the latter bikes is exactly the same as the older bikes. The ride height has changed but from the perspective of the rider, the bikes are the same. Sure when you put your feet down but who really cares about that. I am 1.93m tall and ride the S version which has similar ground clearance to the newer X. Can't say I have even noticed the lack of ride height.

Is it possible to use previous generation fork spring and rear shock for 2021 - 2023 models?
Honda reduce 0.7 to front and 1.2 inches to the rear, for taller riders this is a night mare
Let's say if we go for YSS or Hyperpro, can we use the one made for pre 21?
So are you saying that when your feet are on the ground, the 2021-2023 model is uncomfortable due to the rider having long legs?

(in the meantime, Ill answer the question...)
You can certainly use the prev model shock to get some height back or you can use links in your suspension linkage to lift the rear. the fork springs are not what limits travel (full extension) up front, if honda used internal spacers to accomplish this then they are likely removable

Last edited:
One of the best bike mods I've ever done:

One of the best bike mods I've ever done:

Did you make any changes to the front to compensate for the change in geometry? I have thought about those, since I am 6’5”

Did you make any changes to the front to compensate for the change in geometry? I have thought about those, since I am 6’5”

In fact I installed a shock with adjustable ride height so the rear is raised even more than the listed amount of the jack-up kit. I installed the YSS Gold Valve knock-off kit, with YSS springs in the forks and I dropped them slightly in the yoke to raise the front as much as possible, maximizing ground clearance. The result is much quicker steering (over stock) and a far more generous lean angle before touching anything down. The raised ride height, slight forward pitch and firm suspension changes the entire personality of the bike. It feels sporty and athletic while retaining the simple fun to ride nature of the NC.

I did add lowered footpegs to stretch out the riding position which does give back some of the ground clearance I created, but I love the resultant handling performance of the bike. I have ridden it on multiple 600+ mile days and the bike is always a blast to ride.

The image below was shot Tuesday afternoon running through the mountains. Nothing touched down all day with a 225 lb rider not getting off the seat and trail breaking right through apexes whenever wanted. The full Brembo brake rotor and stainless line that replaced the stock wave rotor and rubber line added braking performance that augments the much improved corner entry velocity, if needed.

View attachment NC 2024.jpg

KEB

Last edited:
Back