• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's waiting for me at home because I can't fit the kids at the back, but I sure missed her on the awesome drive from Redding to the Oregon Coast (300 miles with very few straight lines and better-than-average pavement).
Not as warm as way down south, and a bit drizzly at times, but it's really tempting me to come back up here on two wheels as soon as possible)

Day 336..had some medical issues last night and this morning. Had a teleconference with my doctor. She was a little concerned and ended up sending me to the hospital for a ultrasound on my left lower leg. When I got home I decided to try a short ride and got out for 31 miles @ 50 degrees and partly sunny. Even though it was very painful, I still enjoyed the ride. Now I wait until Friday for the results of the tests.

Day 336..had some medical issues last night and this morning. Had a teleconference with my doctor. She was a little concerned and ended up sending me to the hospital for a ultrasound on my left lower leg. When I got home I decided to try a short ride and got out for 31 miles @ 50 degrees and partly sunny. Even though it was very painful, I still enjoyed the ride. Now I wait until Friday for the results of the tests.
I hope that turns out to be nothing.

Today I rode to work. I had a goal of 32,000 miles for the year but now I'm trying to hit 30,000 by 1/1/24. Saturday 12/30 is the annual Last Ride of The Year - breakfast at the Stagecoach in Stockton, AL. Between riding to the restaurant and home that 800 miles ought to put me over 30.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for Friday

Sorry to read that. I hope that it gets resolved.

Once the holidays (and the effects of your cargo) are past, you should review that Rhinowalk gear. I haven’t seen it before, but it looks like they have some tempting stuff.
On my Himalayan I had some rackless, roll top, waterproof panniers from Rhinowalk that are solid. For the price IMO they can't be beat. I think we all know the Chinese gear can be hit or miss but Rhinowalk seems like a hit for me. Just wish these Chinese companies didn't have such stupid names and logos.

On my Himalayan I had some rackless, roll top, waterproof panniers from Rhinowalk that are solid. For the price IMO they can't be beat. I think we all know the Chinese gear can be hit or miss but Rhinowalk seems like a hit for me. Just wish these Chinese companies didn't have such stupid names and logos.
And Rhinowalk is keeping their price down by hiring cut-rate translators for the text on their website! :p

Had another talk with the Drs office this morning since the leg isnt healing quick enough to suit me. They told me to be patient, it had only been 2 1/2 days. If it wasn't better by next week call them lol. So, I went to the grocery with my wife and coming home it started raining. I told her "Guess I'm not riding today". Would be the first day I missed since August 15. When we got home I was staring out the window and it started snowing. Now 2 hours later the rain/snow has stopped, the sun is kinda shining, and Im thinking about getting dressed and going for a short ride. Maybe 20 miles. Really wanted to run the calendar out and end the year with 340 days. Only 3 more days to go.

So I waited an hour and got dressed and told my wife I was going to ride a short loop. Took off and 10 miles in it starts raining for heaven's sake even though Accuweather showed nothing on radar. Glad I planned a short loop. Day 338 ended up 22 miles @ 38 degrees and light precip, but keeps the riding streak going.

Day 335... Ugly day here. It's really wet outside from last night's rain with lots of fog/mist and conflicting weather reports of rain. One says it's going to start raining at 2 and continue through 3, 4 and 5 pm, the other says it's going to rain at 11, 12 and 2 pm and that's it. Since it wasn't physically raining that I could tell, I suited up and went at 11, but I got just as wet as if it had been raining lol...40 miles @ 54 in mist and fog

some pics from today

heading into town along ST RT 52. the Ohio River Scenic Byway

J7RBLT9h.jpg

To the left of this orange wall is the picturesque Ohio River lol

6ueH5oAh.jpg
I know that spot. Ride it a few times riding to Hocking hills.

So, I've renewed commitment to my 2013 NC700X ( after 35k miles in 2-years) - I'd been mulling over a swap for a Transalp but as of a couple weeks ago, it's safe to say that I just don't see the need given each contemplation lands on the same response: that this bike can do what I want it to do. With that renewed commitment, I reached out to Race Tech and have installed their fork springs FRSP S3534 and the Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Valve S4101. I believe there's a more appropriate thread for the additional details so will post more there.

Day 339...another lousy weather day like yesterday, cold, rainy with some light snow flurries mixed in, but I was able to get out at 3 pm for a 33 miler @ 39 degrees and overcast and only a few small drops on my face shield.

1 more day

(* this was supposed to be posted yesterday but it was just sitting there and I never hit post lol, so you get it today)

Last edited:
Day 340....New Years Eve... a short but fun/curvy 24 mile loop to finish off the year. @ 40 degrees and overcast

Had another good year... 340 days ridden (over 300 for the 6th time out of the last 10 years) and 20,740 miles (over 20K for the 9th time in the last 10 years)

Only missed 25 days of riding all year. Lost 11 days to weather (surprisingly only 1 snow day), 2 days to medical (only 1 for me, but 1 for my younger brother as well) and 12 days to flying/driving vacation with my wife to visit 3 National Parks we hadn't been to in 3 states and another car trip to Mississippi.

Hope you all had a productive year of riding in 2023,

Here's to a healthy happy fun and safe 2024 ;)

and thanks for putting up with my monotonous daily ride reports lol

Went for the last ride of the year, 30 mile loop. Got home and installed the Kemimoto Handlebar Muffs to get ready for next week's Polar Bear ride. We had a 2 week break over the holiday.

Be safe out there and have a Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back