• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 9, a pleasant 52 mile county cruise. 38 degrees and partly sunny. They are predicting rain Wed, thunderstorms Thurs day and snow showers Fri due to a weathermaker from the west coast arriving and rain Mon thru Fri next week so I may get some days off lol, but so far winter has been rather pleasant for the Ohio Valley.

Conversely, with record-setting rain for the last three weeks, dragging gravel and mud all over the roadways, the riding in SoCal has been abysmal. One single day since Christmas.
I may squeeze a couples commutes this week before the rain comes back to ruin yet another week-end.

Conversely, with record-setting rain for the last three weeks, dragging gravel and mud all over the roadways, the riding in SoCal has been abysmal. One single day since Christmas.
I may squeeze a couples commutes this week before the rain comes back to ruin yet another week-end.

Gravel and mud are part of the enjoyment of the winter conditions on backroads in these parts. Makes for interesting and enjoyable riding. ;)

For a good off ride I did about 160 miles with a bit of a historical theam.

I left the oldest European settlement in Oklahoma (1796, French town of Salina)
IMG_20230111_101331480_HDR.jpg

Then I took the "Lost City" road used by Cherokee outlaws during the civil war.
IMG_20230111_110331258.jpg

IMG_20230111_110331258.jpg

I visited a fort founded in 1825 placed there to guard the confluence of 3 rivers (Arkansas, Grand Neosho, and Verdigris).

IMG_20230111_114858767_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230111_114858767_HDR.jpg

Then I traveled up the Grand Neosho for a while. It was used by French fur traders, and - if the Heavner Rune stone is for real - vikings used it as well.

IMG_20230111_132205684_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_132205684_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_103649835_HDR.jpg
And finally a small battle site.

IMG_20230111_103649835_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a cool day of riding
The fort was closed for renovations - which is actually an annual winter thing. However, I did get to hangout with some of the guys and see some that they dug up and found. Mainly ceramic pieces of broken kitchen items since metal detecting has canvased the area several times over. I seen some stone work of a newly discovered out building.

They also showed me the future plans of rebuilding some more out buildings and toake the existing ones more period correct.

Decided I can't chance riding the NC anymore until it gets some new skins (cords are starting to show on the rear) and chain (in the red zone). I have an appt to take it in on the 21st for servicing on the 24th. In the meantime I will have to ride the naked CB.
That is totally understandable.

Got the bike out and rode around for about an hour and no one tried to kill me today. I hadn't been on a bike for about a month.....last time I rode, almost did a stoppie at 55mph due to stupid cager pulling out in front of me. I was on the little klx 250 and the only thing stopping me from going over the bars were the mirrors.....shoulders hit both mirrors.....another inch and I would have been on one wheel....or on pavement. Be safe.

Well technically I didn't do anything with it today except hook up my trailer because after a torturous 4 months I'm picking it up tomorrow! It actually came in last Saturday but the dealer had to install my accessories I ordered;
Heated grips
Bark busters
USB charging port
Center stand
Tall windscreen
I do not know how I'm gonna sleep tonight...

Well technically I didn't do anything with it today except hook up my trailer because after a torturous 4 months I'm picking it up tomorrow! It actually came in last Saturday but the dealer had to install my accessories I ordered;
Heated grips
Bark busters
USB charging port
Center stand
Tall windscreen
Awesome news!

You got to post pictures of this just because after 4 months we almost gave up on it .

Heated grips
Bark busters
USB charging port
Center stand
Tall windscreen

Awesome news!

You got to post pictures of this just because after 4 months we almost gave up on it .
I tried to post pics...

Got the bike out and rode around for about an hour and no one tried to kill me today. I hadn't been on a bike for about a month.....last time I rode, almost did a stoppie at 55mph due to stupid cager pulling out in front of me. I was on the little klx 250 and the only thing stopping me from going over the bars were the mirrors.....shoulders hit both mirrors.....another inch and I would have been on one wheel....or on pavement. Be safe.
It is full blown tourist season for sure. Glad you are okay.

Was 30 degrees when I headed to the mc shop this morning. Got new Shinko Raven tires front and rear, new front brake pads, new brake fluid front and rear, and a new chain while I waited. Then took a 68 mile tire scrub in ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back